Club Arnage
May 24, 2024, 07:23:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from a well worn NA race fan  (Read 7875 times)
wadespeed1

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:21:01 am »

Greetings to All,

I found this site via Sebringfans.com and have enjoyed daily visits since the first of February. Unfortunately, dial-up bandwidth restrictions prevented me from jumping in with vigor (I do lurk from work, but there is danger is engaging such an interesting group).

I'm not sure how to start other than to say I'm a huge race fan and have attended nearly every major race track/event on the east coast of the United states and especially like alcohol buring open wheel cars, Nitro Dragsters, and last, but not least, Endurace racing.

I've been to 11 24 hour races at Daytona, 7 12 hrs at Sebring, Indy 500/F1 X8, 3 Petit Lemans, and hundreds of various Nascar(recently divored), Motorcycle, and  local events. 

I dream of attending Lemans one day but am not sure when it will be possible. I made it to Sebring this year and seeing the R10 in a  24 hr battle would be exciting.

I hate that I was not able to participate in the on-line fun prior to S------, but the bandwith problem is solved and I look forward to future discussions/fun.

Sebring, Anything Open wheel around Indy, unlimited HP and dirt

Dislikes
Daytona prototypes, ISC tracks, beer policies and Gateway and Gainesville, Pocono in general

Hallowed ground
Indianapolis, Sebring, Watkins Glem (the bog),

Thats should be enough for now.

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:54:04 am »

Woo Hoo - another American lured into our spider's web!!

Welcome to Club Arnage wadespeed, you are catching on fast with not mentioning the "S" word more than 5 times in 1 post!!   Grin

Fran
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 09:44:00 am »

Greetings Wadespeed1, I think you may up as envious of your compatriots who are making the pilgrimage as we did of ours who made it to S.............. .
Some say that all good things come to those wait, I say Bo**ocks to that.  Sad
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:13:37 am »

Welcome Wadespeed to posting and not lurking.

Lurking always makes me think of old men in dirty raincoats hanging around on street corners offering 'sweeties' to passersby.

Any road up, as you've seen, some are a bit touchy about the Sebring word as they weren't able to go to Sebring and were fed up with us that did go to Sebring going on and on about our time in Sebring and talking about the Sebring 12 hours race and posting photos of Sebring  Roll Eyes

Oh, did I mention I went to Sebring?

Steve East Anglian cobras

RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 01:03:52 pm »

Welcome! Smiley

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 02:25:44 pm »

Mr Brown - you should know better than that by now!!!  Angry  -  off to the naughty corner you go. Wink
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 02:30:01 pm »

Mr Brown - you should know better than that by now!!!  Angry  -  off to the naughty corner you go. Wink

Okay Madam Fran  Cry

Steve East Anglian cobras

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 06:21:55 pm »

And there you go wadespeed - your first thread hijacked already - you are truly one of us now  Cheesy
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 09:32:54 pm »

And there you go wadespeed - your first thread hijacked already - you are truly one of us now  Cheesy

http://forum.offtopic.com Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 02:08:12 am »

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Am I envious of the S----- crowd going to over the pond this year? Not exactly. I think excited to know that the enthusiasts on this site, and others, freely contribute information and resources that make such an adventure possible. I only hope I can be of assistance at some point to fellow enthusiasts. If not, I'll simply entertain myself with the Jokes and Girls,Girls,Girls threads.

As for the lurking analogy, knowing my past tendencies the description you provided may be fairly accurate.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 03:19:19 am »

LOL

Welcome to the party Wade.
Where in the U.S. are you from?

Have you ever been to Turn 10 while at S_____g ?

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 03:06:02 am »

Mr Amazing,

I'm a native and current resident of the region once known as Tobacco Road. I work in a place called Research Triangle Park and live around 35 miles east in Clayton, N.C.

And yes, I've spent many hours around the Turn 10. The view leaving T10 may be my favorite. If nothing else, you can see those can put the power down and those that can't. Sorry, but if I go any further, I'm sure to anger  he S----- sensitive.

My attention at the moment is on Indy 500 qualifications. I'd love to see S. Hornish given seat time in one if Roger's cars. As they say in the South, he holds a pretty smooth steering wheel.

tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 12:01:17 am »

Wadespeed, you get a beer or two from me for hating those DP's Grin

And I nearly made it to the S-Word, but Iceland-Air was too dangerous for me. Rhein-Main-Orlando-Rhein-Main for 300€ Roll Eyes
Better not to...

And btw, even though I'm German I hope that both R10's fail on formation lap.
Ban Diesel from Le Mans!!!

I keep my fingers crossed for the Swiss Sprit Courage as well as for Andy Wallace in the RML Lola

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 05:41:11 pm »

Tommy84,

The R10 will make you a believer. Trust me. I've driven many under powered diesels, a rarity in the states, and the R10 performed well beyond anything I could have imagined.

If you think about it, the ACO rules encouraging alternatives fuels and technologies are in the truest spirit of the original intent of endurance racing. I say bring on the new ideas. Let's see if they can stand up to the test of 12/24 hour events.

For the first time in many years, endurance racing may become relevant to the manufacturers, automotive suppliers, and brilliant mechanical minds. Think of the possibilities.

I guess that's my beef with the DP's. It's low tech, lowest common denominator, spec. racing. A program that has it's place in the development ranks but not at premiere endurance events.

BTW, thanks for the beers. It's my only remaining vice.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 09:03:58 pm »

I see your point Wadespeed, many teams justify their budgets for Motorsport on technology developments alongside publicity so its a good thing that technology progresses - my Passat tdi has 150 k on it and (sshh) hasnt let me down and still does an average of 47mpg. However you cant beat the wail of a full on (petrol) race engine burning through the night at Le Mans  Tongue ....... cant wait!  Cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: