Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 08:28:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going Dutch!  (Read 8134 times)
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2009, 01:03:47 pm »

I hate stuff like this

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=57&t=773683&mid=33826&nmt=RE:%20Dutch%20Sign%20Up%20For%20'Spy%20In%20The%20Sky'%20Tolls

whats the thoughts from the DFH crew?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 01:49:47 pm »

They promised us to drop the road tax, and so we get to pay per driven mile. In a way it seems more honest, even though we will bound to have failing systems and inevitably people taken to court.
Btw, the 2012 date has already been postponed - changing laws take a long time here...

It's just another way of 'big brothering' us, even though the government is strongly in denial (you are applying for this job, but we have seen you oversleep at least two times a week). I see it just like the airmiles at the supermarket (how many crates of beer do you buy a week, sir?!), internet transactions (how much prawn do you watch a week, madam?) and the government admittance of tapping mobile phones in this country. But at least NL admits to the latter, while other countries do the same whilst keeping their mouth firmly shut Lips Sealed

It's the future way of running countries, and I think we are slightly ahead of the rest of Europe. Guess the governments did learn something from the Stazi after all Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 02:45:08 pm »

no mobile phone tapping here  Roll Eyes

http://www.daelnet.co.uk/features/menwithhill/

think it's just a big golf course.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 02:47:17 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:00:29 pm »

(how much prawn do you watch a week, madam?)

Love watching prawn

* selection-shrimps-prawns_~045173.jpg (21.36 KB, 201x320 - viewed 279 times.)

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
F-Troop Mom

Home address: F-Troop, Green Park, Sebring, FL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 08:54:02 pm »

I'd rather just pay the road taxes, thank you very much.  We already have it here on the Florida Turnpike (still voluntary at this time), you just go thru the toll booths without stopping and then they deduct the tolls from your card.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 09:30:59 pm »

I'd rather just pay the road taxes, thank you very much.  We already have it here on the Florida Turnpike (still voluntary at this time), you just go thru the toll booths without stopping and then they deduct the tolls from your card.

I had a problem on one of those many booth things around Florida, I thought I had paid ok but it did not work so I got a bill from the Hire Car company to the tune of 80 cents for the toll and $25 for the admin. I of course paid because I do not want to be blackballed by H Car companies. This was, luckily, when the £ was a bit stronger.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 01:39:01 am »

I don't mind paying by the mile, if they scrap fuel taxes.....  Works out better for me!

Chances of that happening?  Nil I suspect....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 09:25:33 am »

..... still voluntary at this time.....
How does that work then? Does anyone actually pay anything?
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 10:39:11 am »

I know it's an old chesnut but it would (i imagine) be so simple to scrap all the roads tax duties and simply add it to fuel charges.
The more you use the road, the more you pay. The more uneconomical the vehicle, the more you pay. No insurance, they crush your car.
Am I oversimplifying this?

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 01:57:54 pm »

I know it's an old chesnut but it would (i imagine) be so simple to scrap all the roads tax duties and simply add it to fuel charges.
The more you use the road, the more you pay. The more uneconomical the vehicle, the more you pay. No insurance, they crush your car.
Am I oversimplifying this?

yes, but what about all the officials that administer the tax system, what would they be doing?

Well we need some cutbacks now anyway.

Tax on fuel and no road tax , its simple (too simple perhaps!)  its the way forward not more state surveilance!

The only beneficiaries would be the companies supplying the equipment and support and the mp s who advise them then ultimately end up on the boards of the same companies earning thousands for a few hours work.

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 02:36:47 pm »

There has to be a vehicle registration system, so that they know who to send the parking tickets to, if its got an MOT and that its not a tax free import

Is it Switzerland, where the number plate is issued to a person, rather than the car.  That might work, but your driving licence would then cost £100 a year, and you couldn't tell how old a car was from the plate and..........

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 02:47:32 pm »

......and you couldn't tell how old a car was from the plate and..........

Why do we need to do that? I've never really got why we are so hung up on that in the UK. My UK car's reg bears no relationship at all to when it was made/registered.

Our French cars end in '17' as that's the area that we live in but there is no way to tell how old it is, indeed, until this year, all cars got a new reg no there when transferred to a new owner anyhow.

Personally, I like the idea of not have an age identifier on the no plate as it stops the artificial swaying of the market around March & Sept and all the 'mine's newer than yours' rubbish.
tn*c
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 03:09:15 pm »

It is very usefull with regard to spotting stolen cars. A Vauxhall C(h)avalier using 58 Plates for example could be stopped without needing to run it through a computer system.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 05:08:15 pm »

It is very usefull with regard to spotting stolen cars. A Vauxhall C(h)avalier using 58 Plates for example could be stopped without needing to run it through a computer system.

Two points. Firstly why would anyone steal a cavalier? Secondly if anyone did steal a cavalier why on earth would they put 58 plates on it?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 05:16:59 pm »

Two points. Firstly why would anyone steal a cavalier? Secondly if anyone did steal a cavalier why on earth would they put 58 plates on it?

That's west Berkshire for you. Similar to Norfolk Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: