Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 06:43:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termie termite  (Read 152557 times)
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2008, 01:57:04 am »

Are you sure they're not keeping all that stuff in her mouth so she doesn't have room for a Gauloise?

Great to hear she's awake.   Cheesy

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2008, 09:52:29 am »

Great news Ian, no doubt that's a weight off your mind.  She'll be up and about soon.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2008, 11:34:38 am »

Ian, on a practical note can I suggest that (if you haven't already) you start writing a diary of all of the costs you are incurring in visiting etc., and also documenting how you are feeling etc., and then document Deb's progress and especially how she feels over the next few weeks.  You'll need to be able to recall and evidence this when it comes to making any personal injury/uninsured loss claim and it's amazing how much you'll forget as the weeks and months go on.  It's really worth getting into the swing of keeping a diary now and then you'll have a record.

(sorry to "go legal"!)
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2008, 04:25:04 pm »

Missed this one completely, shocking news but glad to hear that she's awake.
Best wishes and I hope a speedy and full recovery.

Bas
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2008, 05:44:21 pm »

like everyone else we missed this one, glad to hear termie's awake and we're wishing her a speedy recovery....rex and claire xx

stay ginger xxx
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2008, 08:33:35 pm »

If there was a Trades Descriptions Act definition of awake, I’m not sure Deb would quite meet it yet. I arrived, walked in and called her pet name – instant stir, eyes half opened, and tried to follow me round the room – without success. Still got a mouth full of tubes, of course, so no hope of verbal response. She was aware it was me, and I gave her simple news about all the people rooting for her, how the hospital thought she’d recover well, and the gendarme had said it was not her fault. Result – snore! I sat for about an hour, until they needed to work on her, and as usual the expected 20 mins they needed took more like 50. When I went back in, she was clearly gone again.

Yes, it’s undoubtedly progress; no, she’s not really with-it at all. It’ll get better!

Missing Termietermite
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2008, 09:13:05 pm »

Mr. T,

I have been very late picking this thread up.

Please give the lovely lady my regards an in Chez Leftie we all wish her a speedy recovery and a slower relaxing life to you.

Is Debs at Le Mans Hospital now?

I haven't read all the postings are the are too many  so I don't know whether this has been arranged. But can we as CA do anything like a big bunch of her favourite flowers or something?

Leftie

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2008, 12:22:50 am »

I've watched this thread from the start and haven't felt able to contribute as, to be honest, I don't really know anyone here very well, but can I just say I'm living it. I read it every day and I'm over the moon that Debs is on the mend.
I'm posting because I really can't hold out any more and I want to wish 'Ian' and 'Debs' all the very best.
Ian, take the advice being offered, keep the receipts, give her a sly Gauloise and keep cheerful.

I particularly like Leftie's idea of a bunch of flowers but I reckon a gallon of 4* would be of more use. Can we do both?
I'll contribute to both funds, one for Ian, one for Debs, someone in the know on this forum must be able to sort it Smiley
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:24:53 am by Dangermouse » Logged

Did I just say that out loud?
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2008, 01:05:35 am »

Fantastic news!!!!  Cheesy

Give her our best wishes, and make sure you keep on looking after yourself too! As Andy said, keep your strength up and particularly with all the driving, keep yourself refreshed and alert!

Drive carefully on your way back up there tomorrow!

There speaks a man of experience!!!.  Glad to hear things are looking up. Get your words in while you can Ian.

On another note,would anyone mind if I suggested moving this thread with a sticky to the general discussion. A lot of people have missed this in the Help section and I'm sure the vast majority (if not all) would like to keep up to date with the news of a very valued member of this forum.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2008, 02:21:39 am »

Fantastic news!!!!  Cheesy

Give her our best wishes, and make sure you keep on looking after yourself too! As Andy said, keep your strength up and particularly with all the driving, keep yourself refreshed and alert!

Drive carefully on your way back up there tomorrow!

There speaks a man of experience!!!.  Glad to hear things are looking up. Get your words in while you can Ian.

On another note,would anyone mind if I suggested moving this thread with a sticky to the general discussion. A lot of people have missed this in the Help section and I'm sure the vast majority (if not all) would like to keep up to date with the news of a very valued member of this forum.
Having been away for a while I agree with Mark... Move the thread please dear Sirs.
I only heard the news a few days ago and feel a little guilty for not having said something earlier due to being unaware.
I hope a speedy recovery is underway, tubes have been removed, Ciggies can be smoked, booze drunk and life can return to normal
Thoughts and best wishes... Rex

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2008, 09:24:47 am »

Ian, on a practical note can I suggest that (if you haven't already) you start writing a diary of all of the costs you are incurring in visiting etc., and also documenting how you are feeling etc., and then document Deb's progress and especially how she feels over the next few weeks.  You'll need to be able to recall and evidence this when it comes to making any personal injury/uninsured loss claim and it's amazing how much you'll forget as the weeks and months go on.  It's really worth getting into the swing of keeping a diary now and then you'll have a record.

(sorry to "go legal"!)

Thanks A! Legal advice from a qualified practitioner is never a bad thing! Quite right, there is scope to get some costs covered. I'm hoping that my credit card statement, which will show fuel costs and evidence of autoroute tolls on the same day, may be acceptable, but keeping receipts is not my forte, so I'll have to try a bit harder! In fairness, the French are good at offering receipts - even the car park machine at the hospital has a receipt option, and I did mange to press it last night! Hey - that's 4.5 euros I can claim!

Missing Termietermite
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2008, 09:54:03 am »

...moving this thread with a sticky to the general discussion. A lot of people have missed this in the Help section and I'm sure the vast majority (if not all) would like to keep up to date with the news of a very valued member of this forum.

Agree, no sooner said than done...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2008, 10:20:58 am »

I spent a week on an exchange working in a French hospital, and I can confirm that French hospitals are very good indeed. (Well, they were 10 years ago, but that's not to take anything away from our ones) Even the food is edible in most cases.

Hope it all comes good for you both, particularly that the knee is sorted (It should be after 8 hours of work / advanced carpentry. I wouldn't worry about the wrist, the left leg, or the ribs, they'll just be uncomfortable for a while (as I'm sure Mark will attest re. the ribs.)

Buy some nicotinell patches, and bung them on her when the docs aren't looking.

As Basil Fawlty said when told that there is always someone worse off than yourself; "Well I'd like to see him, I could do with a laugh!".  Wink

Ian, I'm not sure if you saw the other thread but Nickliv (now AKA the no armed idiot) fell off his own garage roof this week and broke both wrists and now needs a special device to wipe his own bottom!  Sad Personally I think he should change his name to Rod Hull.

Anyway, I delighted to hear the news that Deb is slow coming round. Like you say, it's progress. Keep on keeping on...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2008, 10:36:11 am »

My fault for putting it in "Help" in the first place - problem with being a newbie and not understanding protocol. Thanks for the move, Sir Smokie! That said, your collective and individual responses have been amazingly warm. I am aware that CA-ers have been known to rally round another member when, sadly, he had a worse misfortune than mine. This group is not all talk!

Flowers are certainly not permitted in the Reanimation Chirurgicale where Termie currently resides. I have to wash hands, apply a disinfectant gel, and don a gown before entering the ward, which has only 6 separately-roomed beds. I'm still waiting to find out what the rest of the hospital allows, but my distinct impression is that hospitals have had to become more draconian on floral tributes since MRSA etc became a serious issue. I'm not expecting a move from Rouen until they've bottomed the breathing issues - they would not want to duck-shove a patient with unresolved issues to someone else's care, just to make it easier for the visitors!

News of Nickliv's fall just proves that when the merde's going around, it falls all over the place! Both wrists! Serious - how can a man get a grip on himself?

Missing Termietermite
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2008, 10:46:02 am »

I've watched this thread from the start and haven't felt able to contribute as, to be honest, I don't really know anyone here very well,

Please dive in DM.  All are welcome here.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: