Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 05:39:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termie termite  (Read 152553 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2008, 02:04:45 pm »

Hi Ian

I must be the last person in the world to read this and must admit that I went cold when I read your first post.

Please, when you can, give Deb's my love and at the same time make sure you are looking after yourself.

I have read the whole post and see that you are being well looked after, as you would expect.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery and see you at Sebring next year.

Regards, stay strong.

Martin

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2008, 04:31:01 pm »

Ian, on a practical note can I suggest that (if you haven't already) you start writing a diary of all of the costs you are incurring in visiting etc., and also documenting how you are feeling etc., and then document Deb's progress and especially how she feels over the next few weeks.  You'll need to be able to recall and evidence this when it comes to making any personal injury/uninsured loss claim and it's amazing how much you'll forget as the weeks and months go on.  It's really worth getting into the swing of keeping a diary now and then you'll have a record.

(sorry to "go legal"!)

Thanks A! Legal advice from a qualified practitioner is never a bad thing! Quite right, there is scope to get some costs covered. I'm hoping that my credit card statement, which will show fuel costs and evidence of autoroute tolls on the same day, may be acceptable, but keeping receipts is not my forte, so I'll have to try a bit harder! In fairness, the French are good at offering receipts - even the car park machine at the hospital has a receipt option, and I did mange to press it last night! Hey - that's 4.5 euros I can claim!

I kept car park receipts after my shunt in May, I dug them out the other day to discover that the ink has faded off them already so they are blank, it'll be back to the credit card statement for me as well!  You just need to be able to evidence the costs so a credit card statement should be fine, especially for tolls, fuel etc.   The diary is useful, my injury was incredibly minor compared to this but I'd forgotten already how awful it made me feel and how difficult I found just doing day to day things and having written it all down I can demonstrate to the insurers how difficult it was. 

Hope things are going OK and Deb is becoming more alert as the days go by.   The human body is an incredible thing and somethings it just needs sleep and rest to heal itself, difficult for loved ones to sit and watch but probably best for her...

I really do wish that there was more we could do to help both of you xxx

Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2008, 09:11:55 pm »

Today’s visit could only be described as harrowing. Deb was much more with it, but her breathing is now terrifyingly difficult. Twice I felt constrained to get the nurses in to do something, and both times they seemed to agree I was right. We held hands while she struggled for breath, despite the oxygen tube in her mouth. She repeatedly gurgled and coughed, sending the oxygen pump alarm into overdrive. I was very frightened. I am sure that the shocks to the lungs, compounded by a long period of sleep after the anaesthetic, and the sudden withdrawal of the Gauloises, are causing the problems, which may ease as days go by. If they don’t, well…..

On a lighter note, she didn’t know she was in Rouen, nor have any idea how long she’d been asleep. Her eyes went wide when I told her.

Holding hands was nice.

Ian

Missing Termietermite
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2008, 09:52:55 pm »

We've all got our fingers crossed.  I suspect its just got to the stage where its starting to hurt

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2008, 10:12:30 pm »

Oh Ian, that must have been horrendous for you, I just can't imagine what you're both going through  Cry

I guess she'll have a lot of "gunk" in her lungs because of her smoking and the long anaesthetic and that needs to clear, her body will do that and the medics will help it happen, it'll be tough to watch for the time being but I don't doubt she'll get through this.  Deb is strong and she's a fighter, take it day by day at the moment and as everyone has said, do try your best to take care of yourself as well.   Deb will need you to be fit and well for when she's home and ordering you around to do all the thinks she can't do herself...xxx
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2008, 10:27:29 pm »

Best wishes to you both Ian, looking forward to the POO bar next year.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2008, 10:32:58 pm »

Oh hell Ian

I have only just found this too, tell the little darling we all love her wont you.

What a dreadful thing to happen but when she gets over the withdrawal pangs enough to have another fag she will be much better.

What with all  the other problems this week this'll go down as the blackest week for a long time, but this at least seems to be one problem that can improve soon

When you get her nearer home I'm sure you will both feel better too.

Do take Piglet's advice and keep a diary and receipts, although insures do pay up eventually they love to make a sport of the process, first.

Smokie, thanks for stickying this where I could find it, I was away for most of last week.

Bill

(dark Green Midget from St Sat day out, Ian)
[the car that is, I may be green but am not vertically challenged, yet!] Wink

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2008, 11:42:56 am »

Blimey Ian,

I've only just seen all this too.
Send Debs my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. There's not too much more than I can say other than please make sure that you look after yourself too.

Gary & Lois

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2008, 12:58:08 pm »

I too have only just seen this thread.

I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said, my thoughts are with you both.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2008, 05:13:44 pm »

Just seen this thread.
Best wishes to Debs. Keep us informed of her recovery.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2008, 07:26:31 pm »

Quite a change when I walked in today. Deb was asleep – she remained so throughout my visit – but her breathing was so much better! In nearly 2 hours, I think I heard her cough once. In contrast, yesterday she was in considerable discomfort and coughing a great deal. Her heart rate was much lower today – I don’t think we got an alarm all visit. Blood pressure looked good, and her oxygen level was in the required range, too. Bafflingly, when an alarm does go off on the monitor next to the bed, it is for another patient, a Mr Mohammed Mellah, who is two rooms away. His traces replace all but Deb’s heart trace on the screen, then after a few mins they disappear and we resume Deb’s stuff. Amazing what you take in when sitting with a sleeping partner!

This is a corner turned. I am much happier.

Missing Termietermite
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2008, 07:30:32 pm »

Good for you Mr T. A corner turned indeed by the sounds of it.

Did I just say that out loud?
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2008, 07:48:38 pm »

i can only wish you a lot of strength and positiveness during the recovery process.

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2008, 10:13:47 pm »

Quite a change when I walked in today. Deb was asleep – she remained so throughout my visit – but her breathing was so much better! In nearly 2 hours, I think I heard her cough once. In contrast, yesterday she was in considerable discomfort and coughing a great deal. Her heart rate was much lower today – I don’t think we got an alarm all visit. Blood pressure looked good, and her oxygen level was in the required range, too. Bafflingly, when an alarm does go off on the monitor next to the bed, it is for another patient, a Mr Mohammed Mellah, who is two rooms away. His traces replace all but Deb’s heart trace on the screen, then after a few mins they disappear and we resume Deb’s stuff. Amazing what you take in when sitting with a sleeping partner!

This is a corner turned. I am much happier.

Hey, great news Ian, lets hope this trend continues, you do realise that Deb's will have no excuse to smoke again, this money should be put into the Sebring 2009 fund...

Now that is an idea!

Stay strong, once again best wishes to Debs

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2008, 10:20:19 pm »

Good news, and the Skoda's holding out.  Its still got a few trips to go by the sound of things.

And you need a fortnight off the fags to get the nicotine out of the system.  Even at French prices, this could pay for Sebring

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: