Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 01:50:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOUX ROUNDABOUT FRIDAY  (Read 27297 times)
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2006, 05:43:19 pm »

it will soon be known as "Quiet Friday".......

and we will all be telling stories about the days it was called "Mad Friday".
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 06:08:38 pm »

We followed you onto the roundabout and i watched, thinking great lad, but shame idiots ruin it.

sorry dude... if i had known it was you, would have waved!
Pyro

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 08:54:06 pm »

This is my first posting.

I've been to LM 7 times since '98. I remember Mad Friday was all good natured and one could be assured great entertainment from die hard LM fans exhibiting their loved motors and wrecking a set of tires or two.

I have to agree to the comments. Over the years there has been a YOB elliment descend upon the sacred ground that is Circuit de la Sarthe.

Regretably we can't stop these individuals at the boarders. Some is good natured, which I experienced this year touring round in a Gulf coloured MG Midget . However we stopped in Arnage to witness some poor bloke have his Cateram "filled" with water!

If us regular joe's complain to the local plod, we'll no doubt end up with a Quite Friday. I think it's down to the true fans to do something.

No individual is to keen to complain, what the "hot spots" might do well to have are marshalls  keeping the fun in check. You have 4 or 5 recognisable blokes overseeing the entertainment we might see more motors cruising and laying down rubber etc.........

But who's organised enough to put people out there to do it???
skid solo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 10:39:12 pm »

Hello all, my first post too.

I have gone to LM for the last few years and have given the r/bout a miss because it would make me ashamed and angry that other so called race fans have to act like morons and spoil enjoyment for others who want to be entertained or who want to entertain.

I currently have 200SX, with which I often have its ar5e end sliding about in areas that aren't going to damage public or property, but driving through hospots like Blue, r/bout etc people are constantly stopping me and forcefully telling me to do donuts, drift and basically break my car! Seems to me if you don't ablige you get pelted with something, if you do some morons still pelt you with something!!

Still had a fantatastic week down there despite the morons.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti.
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2006, 01:42:08 am »

Tell me you have photographic evidence of the buxom wench ?   

...alas no unless the "Rhinos" got a shot?

Thats a pity.......make note .....Must try harder....I'm afraid you will have to do a hundred lines " I will photograph all buxom wenches" on my desk by monday morning please Grin Grin Grin

been there done that doing it again !
W21SBY
CA Veteran

but are kph not the same as mph officer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2006, 10:56:30 am »

However we stopped in Arnage to witness some poor bloke have his Cateram "filled" with water!

The guy that had his Caterham filled with water at Arnage was in our group.
A squirt with a water pistol is one thing but a bucket of water is completely out of order. Angry
Pyro

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2006, 11:06:00 am »

The guy I was with had a quiet word with the offending ar5ehol5, explaining that people spend £1000s buidling their cars and don't need a bucket of water dumped in it. His responce was "yer, I never thought of that"!!!

5 mins later, he's still at it with other unsuspecting drivers.

What can you do?  Find somewhere else to exhibit?

Hope your mate's car dried out OK.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2006, 11:11:22 am »

As we were walking across to Houx, there seemed to be some bits of old tarmac with high banking around them which were completely empty and looked great for a burnout - safer for the crowd etc.  A germ of a plan?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
skid solo

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2006, 01:26:05 pm »

It a shame that you are not safe when driving home either!

Whilst driving through Beaumont there was a big group of people, with blue T-shirts on, at a cafe/bar next to a r/bout that thought it amusing to pour a bucket of water through the sunroof of one of our convoy. Car is only 3 weeks old, £1000 worth of camera equipment (luckily happened to be covered by a fleece) and 2 very p155ed off occupants!

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti.
W21SBY
CA Veteran

but are kph not the same as mph officer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2006, 05:09:02 pm »

The guy I was with had a quiet word with the offending ar5ehol5, explaining that people spend £1000s buidling their cars and don't need a bucket of water dumped in it. His responce was "yer, I never thought of that"!!!

Hope your mate's car dried out OK.

Both passengers and the Caterham dried out eventually.

I was in the BMW Convertible a few cars in front, I dread to think what damage would have been caused had the water ended up in our car. Cry
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2006, 05:33:33 pm »

I've not made it to the Houx roundabout at all during the few years that I have been to lemans.

I've been outside Bleu on a number of occasions and down the indianapolis/arnage.

From the post on this forum and Pistonheads it would seem that Houx annexe does have a larger contingent of yobs than other sites for whatever reason, and the behaviour at the roundabout it worse due to that as well as the road being used mainly as access to the sites rather than a norma throughroute.

We passed Bleu in an open topped car at about luchtime on the Friday and were squirted a few times , fair game we expected it.
It could be that the worst behaviour happens later in the day after more alcohol has been consumed so best avoided later in the day.

As to the yobbishness dying out , I somehow doubt it. Le Mans is easy and cheap to get to and due to the internet more people than ever before know how good it is. Campsites are (where possible) being made bigger to accomodate them.

Mad Friady seems unfortunately to be  another victim of the cheap booze and Brits malaise and the only remedy seems to be heavier policing.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2006, 06:14:45 pm »

There was not just Brits on the annexe roundabout, but a good number of Danes and locals, some dreesed as if they where on an evening out with they little dogs.

What scared me more than anything was the amount of young children there, some had water pistols some just watching. A couple had go-peds and there was some young girls riding around the site on a Quad at great speed.
I dread to think what would have happened had they met some of the jerks driving around head on.

Alot of people from other sites also made they way down there on friday. I spoke to a guy who had come from Basejour as he had heard about it.

I suspect I am part of the problem, if you take away the audience then the performers go away. My couple of hours there Friday will be my last.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2006, 06:32:44 pm »

it would seem that Houx annexe does have a larger contingent of yobs than other sites for whatever reason

I'd like to add that it must be remembered that Houx Annexe also contains a number of higher class of alcohol drinkers Cheesy

A little bit of fun at Le Mans is expected but from what I'm reading here some went way too far on Friday night. Egging on drivers capable of showing off their wheels is one thing, throwing buckets of water into cars is another entirely.

Sadly once things like this begin it's pretty hard to put a stop to it. The last couple of years I recall the gendarmes turning up around 9-10ish to put a stop to it, I fear heavier policing would just mean no mad friday at all.

That said I've a plan for Friday next year already!! In the shopping center we used I found a couple of flyers for some local discotheque's This year there was a foam party, next year I'm hoping for the bunny girls that they sometimes have  Kiss Wink

I'll refrain from posting the website address for now, we'll keep this one to ourselves eh??
Pyro

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2006, 10:19:38 pm »

As we were walking across to Houx, there seemed to be some bits of old tarmac with high banking around them which were completely empty and looked great for a burnout - safer for the crowd etc.  A germ of a plan?

Those bits of tarmac are what our group suspect is an old rally cross track. There are a few good straights and a nice twisty section, mostly covered with grit. Each year a few brave chaps take there chosen vehicles around the corners. Great viewing from the banks and relitively safe for spectators (if somewhat dusty).

Along the track the dirt banks are lined with crash barriers! Pretty unforgiving!!! This year  I'm aware of two cars (Scooby and BMW 520) that will need some body work attention. But no one was hurt, just pride dented.

Ofcourse, to get there, each car needs a Houx camping pass.

Unless the germ of an idea can be developed into a master plan ??
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2006, 11:24:50 pm »

What can you do? 

Get out your car, knock ten bells of sh*t out of them and pummel their face into the tarmac ! I am guessing they won't do it again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: