Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 08:55:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Forum Gathering at Le Mans 2010  (Read 34609 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:05:22 am »

Hi all,

I'm just working on the race week schedule for 2010 for the CA Guide and realize, that our traditional CA Forum gathering on Saturday will collide with the England-USA footie which will start at 8:30 pm. May be it is best we choose another day/time.

Last year the CA forum gathering was not very busy - some people told me that it has lost its purpose for them because most of us already know eachother face-to-face now and there are plenty of other options to meet, e.g. the Friday nite parties.

Nevertheless, I think we should still arange a CA Gathering so at least the forum newbies can meet some of the old hands. The location from last year (Back of "Les Courbes" inside Dunlop Curve) was OK from my point of view - we could chat but still watch the race - but the Guiness tent might be another option.

So, when should we meet?
Same time / location as last year (despite the football)?
Or a CA gathering Friday night on BN because many of us camp there already?
Or at Mad friday at the Houx Annexe roundabout?
Or something completely different?

Opinions and suggestion please - so I can put something in the CA Guide schedule!

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:18:07 am »

Naturally I am biased but I really enjoyed last year as it didn't interfere with the race but I got to see a few people - and there was one Newbie there!  I don't understand footie or the people who enjoy it though.  Maybe have it at 10.00 (as many people didn't turn up until then anyway) or even later? - this is the 24 hours and if anybody can't stay up that late they shouldn't be there!  Friday night party is all very fine but not everybody is there (some campsites are  a very long way from BN).

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:16:09 am by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 08:58:11 am »

I have to admit, I quite like the idea of a later gathering.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:09:15 pm »

Its always been a struggle for me to make 9pm, because we watch the race till about 6pm and then head back to BN for tea, by the time we've managed to get the BBQ anywhere near ready to cook on its around 8pm, so a later time around 10 pm would be more favourable.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 02:10:16 pm »

If peoepel are watching the footie, then that won't fininsh until about 10.30, then of course depending on wheer people are watching it they will have to get to the location. So 10 at the earliest I would say, maybe even later.

Is there a concert this year? Has anyone heard who/when/where? That also clashed last year!
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 02:36:08 pm »

Later works for me - I'm normally up most of the night anyhow Grin

Now, about this football thing....
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 02:43:26 pm »

Either way, I will try and get there before midnight this time, my only recollection is seeing JPC in a baby's butterfly hat........ I think!

Undecided
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 03:21:13 pm »

10:00 clock? Oh no I was hoping for an early night Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 06:21:30 pm »

I think a midnight meeting would be cool.

Could call it:

0:00 Midnight Mass.

Given that everyone will likely be plastered by midnight, might I suggest that maybe we arrange some kind of large space, where a barbeque can be put up, and that people bring beer and food at midnight, for consumption whilst watching racing, and doing more drinking.

The area in front of Maison Blanche would be good for this? Next to the track??

Just ideas really - but might be cool to pull the whole crew together at Midnight?

Or we could just agree to descend on the Guiness Bar at midnight??

Brad

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
johnhere

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 08:19:12 pm »

I think the UK kick off time is 8:30 but then add the hour on for French time so kick off 9:30
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 08:34:45 pm »

I think a midnight meeting would be cool.

Could call it:

0:00 Midnight Mass.

Given that everyone will likely be plastered by midnight, might I suggest that maybe we arrange some kind of large space, where a barbeque can be put up, and that people bring beer and food at midnight, for consumption whilst watching racing, and doing more drinking.

The area in front of Maison Blanche would be good for this? Next to the track??

Just ideas really - but might be cool to pull the whole crew together at Midnight?

Or we could just agree to descend on the Guiness Bar at midnight??

Brad

Midnight Mass.......I like it!!

The Guinness bar (or near it) sounds like a good idea (in fact wasn't it very near to where Debs said we should hold the meet again?) But can any of us really be trusted with a hot BBQ in a public place at midnight? Something tells me there's a likelihood that most of us will have consumed a lomonade or two by then.

And someone is bound to get hurt when they try to jump it!!!  Roll Eyes
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 11:15:28 pm »

Midnight Mass - sounds cool. But I agree to JPC - better no BBQ-Games. I'll bring a box of Champage!

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 11:24:56 pm »

Midnight Mass - sounds cool. But I agree to JPC - better no BBQ-Games. I'll bring a box of Champage!

with a bit of planning, I think we could be up for BBQ-games.

I'm sure I have seen these CA members before 

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 03:00:52 am »

I like the idea of a traditional gathering especially for newbies. If we are to change the time let's do so for the future not just a football game. 10pm  though 11 pm would work too makes sense to my thinking. The location from last  year (see Termies post for directions) made a lot of sense too so i would like to continue that .  By midnight I am off on my "rounds" with Andy et al.
 Canada Phil
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 08:18:45 am »

Some sort of midnight nosh sounds good but my personal worry is that it all gets too formal and complicated.  Bowling up trackside with a bottle or a pint worked well.  The problem with the bars (certainly was true for the 'poo bar) is that one feels obliged to buy their stuff and I CAN'T SEE THE CARS.  I love you guys but sorry, they are the reason I go to LM and I hate to miss them.  At the Courbe we could do both - meet and watch that race thing that's going on.  Any good reason why we couldn't BBQ there if we wanted to? Or maybe not a BBQ but a picnic of some sort - a shared comunal nosh?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: