Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 03:00:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P&O cancellations  (Read 24663 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2004, 07:14:56 pm »

no driving down the N138 like your hair's on fire then, half the fun of going

To many 'twats' driving (if thats the word) LR discoverys to make it fun nowadays Angry

But your right, However its not so much fun when you drive a deisel. The times of night time blasts with my brother are over for me until I change to somthing more sporty.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
engineerjim
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 09:59:38 pm »

Oh B*****s

Last week I booked P& O to Cherbourg for  £200.  Thought it was to good to be true!!!.  No response yet from them on what happens to my booking.  Hopefully it will be transfered to Brittany Ferries.

As foras the A28 The web site says it doesnt open until Dec 2005
ian murat
CA Veteran

mozilla firefox

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2004, 06:08:29 pm »

times on saturday - travel section has an article on the P & O situation and highlights the fears that Brittany Ferries will abuse their position.

BF MD Dave Longden is quoted as saying

"Our prices this year were exactly the same as they were in 2003 - and i can say there will be no price increases for 2005 beyond inflation.  Indeed, that there will be a range of reductions on many sailings."

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2004, 09:37:58 am »

times on saturday - travel section has an article on the P & O situation and highlights the fears that Brittany Ferries will abuse their position.

BF MD Dave Longden is quoted as saying

"Our prices this year were exactly the same as they were in 2003 - and i can say there will be no price increases for 2005 beyond inflation.  Indeed, that there will be a range of reductions on many sailings."

Hmmmmm!!  So why did Portsmouth-Caen cost us something like £330 in 2003 and the same crossing for 2004 with the same accomodation was quoted as approx £410??  I didn't realise inflation was running at over 20%!!!  Roll Eyes

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2004, 11:24:24 am »

Looks like all you western channel chaps will be joining us at Dover / Calais next year then.  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2004, 01:31:47 pm »

After a resounding vote yesterday in the local boozer, the 2005 SPS Crew have decided to go via Brittany Ferries.

as long as it doesnt cost the earth !!

No one fancied the drive to Dover - calais.

Sorry Steve, wont be seeing you on that route....yet.

Take life by the horns and live it.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2004, 02:12:48 pm »

After a resounding vote yesterday in the local boozer, the 2005 SPS Crew have decided to go via Brittany Ferries.

as long as it doesnt cost the earth !!

No one fancied the drive to Dover - calais.

Sorry Steve, wont be seeing you on that route....yet.

From experience they are not the cheapest, but are convenient for Me, Mrs P. and the gang. Dunno what next years' prices are like yet though as their website only gives pricing out to April '05.

We don't fancy the drive to Dover either, but could be persuaded if Brittany really start to take the p*ss now they have a virtual monopoly.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2004, 03:52:34 pm »

Due to the price hike from Portsmouth to Caen last year we ended up staying with Brittany Ferries but using the Poole to Cherbourg route. Bit of a longer drive at the other end than from Caen but still a lot closer than Calais.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2004, 04:05:45 pm »

The drive from Calais may be one hell of a distance but it's motorway as far as Rouen, which is half distance. As long as you clear Rouen before the morning rush hour it's not too bad. You still end up on the 138 whichever way you go and Iv'e only ever had problems when on that godforsaken bloody road. Oh! by the way I will be one of those tw***s driving a discovery, don't forget to give me a cheery wave.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 04:42:13 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2004, 05:29:54 pm »

If yours is covered in little yellow stickers, weaving  around the road and driven by cretins, I'll give you cheery wave alright  Kiss

Calais to Rouen is not the slog it used to be, Rouen can still a nightmare if you catch it at the wrong time of day and there are roadworks, otherwise its ok, or you can avoid it by going round to the west.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2004, 07:15:50 pm »

It's worth doing a bit of checking around  Wink  we've just booked next years hols'  through "camping cheques.
 Ferry crossing june12th afternoon, june 27th morning return plus 13 camping cheques for 4 adults a LDV camper with a trailer for the beachbuggy total price £282.70.
  They've booked us for Portsmouth - Le Havre and as long as it's booked and payed before the end of Oct' [which we obviously have Wink ) then it's price garanteed (sp)
Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 11:35:36 am »

P+O are apparently not allowed to pull out of Portsmouth. They tried to a few years ago out of one of the irish ports are were told they could not by the monopolies and mergers commision. Gues thats why they are keeping the Spanish route open out of Portsmouth then!
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2004, 01:42:28 pm »

AS the SPS Crew live in and around a 5 mile radius of Portsmouth it makes sence to go from Portsmouth.

If that route is crasy priced, its Newhaven Dieppe. If that boat keeps running aground, its back to Portsmouth.

I am hoping the Portsmouth Le HAvre route will be kept running by Brittany and is cheaper that Caen as its my prefered route.

Oct 11th will tell.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2004, 03:50:41 pm »

It looks like Newhaven-Dieppe for us too. Dover-Calais takes forever from Brum in the afternoon, though that Motorway number 2 is fun when you get to mix it with all the other petrolheads coming back from Mecca, oops sorry Lemans... And although it is M-way to Rouen it is hell when you c**ck up and end up driving through a miserable industrial area at night tryng to make sense of written instructions... I ALWAYS get Perdu in France at least once every trip.
 Wink

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2004, 04:38:49 pm »

Is it only Transmanche Ferries that operate the Newhaven- Dieppe route ? If so does anyone have any idea of prices timetables etc. Iv'e just  been on their website and they don't seem to want to give me any imfomation.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: