Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 03:23:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Britcar This Weekend @ Silverstone.  (Read 25660 times)
rcutler
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2006, 10:34:47 am »

Oh dear poor RollCenter!

List of problems too long to list!!!

Metal in the fuel-   (Officials to investigate)
More then a fair share of Gearbox faults.

Hindy clearly stated that the team was recieving more then their share of bad luck! Lots of credit to the team as they were still out running the car all night and up until the 2200 hours time. When the car was running in the early morning they were over 300laps down!! BUT they still continued to race on untill the car finally finished itself off.

My credit goes to:-

RollCenter for the "Most Determined Effort"
Duller BMW for "bloody hell watch out Maser and Aston!"
Sawer and Trident "Buying a Golf GT TDI, finding the engine is knackered, buying a second hand one from a Scrap dealer and still finishing respectably 3rd in class and 15th overall!

Here is a photo of the winning car after the race. BTW it won with 16 laps clear!!! 6 hours before it was behind the Porsche of 911virgin by 3 laps!

Great weekend. Would have prefered Brands or Donny, but then there will never be enough room for all the teams.

* BMW.jpg (107.23 KB, 800x600 - viewed 227 times.)
rcutler
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2006, 10:36:32 am »

From what Shorty told me at about 11.30pm, They had a fuel problem in the first hour, blocked the fuel injectors with metal fileings! Then the wiring loom burnt through! He was not a happy chap, but he liked the cakes we dropped round.

I belive it was the BMW's 1st outing, but was basicly a factory effort, wich I throught was not quite in the sprite of the event. But it was a great day and we were able to wander in and out of garages and chat to the teams.

Though three and half hours safty car was not a lot of fun, but there was a a real pea souper of fog in the morning. The safty car was out for so long they had to bring it in and re-fuel it, I belive it was classed as being 23rd!!!!!

Saw the motorhome parked behind the stands but didn't see you anywhere. Big circuit to have soo few people rattling around on!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2006, 10:41:32 am »

Was very envious of you Rick et al.  Good to see they're going to carry on with the event.  Did you see any TV cameras there? - the radio is very frustrating as you can't even hear the cars - the booth seems to be very well soundproofed and Hindy even had problems seeing out of the window. Would be good if somebody had made at least a "round up" programme.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2006, 11:10:08 am »

Saw the motorhome parked behind the stands but didn't see you anywhere. Big circuit to have soo few people rattling around on!

Sorry to have missed you, did keep an eye out for CA shirts. Spent most of Sunday being driven round by young Tom. Who was complaining that he could not heal and toe my Omega! Shocked

Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2006, 03:04:40 pm »

Got back late last night, I met Rick, but didn't get to meet any other CAers who were about.

The Duller BMW. The road car was officially released 4 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago the team phoned up JT/EERC and asked to enter a car - a new car, the thought was that it was new to the team, not to racing.

Damn fine weekend, damn good weather and racing, gallery to come soon but a teaser can be found: here

Wooosh!!!!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2006, 12:25:21 am »

my Omega! Shocked

Didn't realise there was another Omega owner on the forum.

Mine's on eBay now though.

Bought a V6 3.2 Vectra. Seems OK so far.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2006, 01:04:59 am »

Vectra V6 3.2..uhmmm....We have been thinking about compeating in next years race.....wouldnt mind if we borrow it for the weekend next september .............?

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2006, 01:39:03 pm »

Vectra V6 3.2..uhmmm....We have been thinking about compeating in next years race.....

Sounds good Bob. Are you looking for volenteers for pit crew etc?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2006, 01:41:33 pm »

Oi!! You are NOT using my car for racing!!!  Angry
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2006, 02:25:30 pm »

Spoil-sport.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2006, 02:25:42 pm »

Then why the hell do you want a 3.2 V6 in a Vectra?

Only fair thing to do which such motorized common cars is racing!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2006, 02:34:10 pm »

It's OK Smokie, any scratches will soon polish out (is the Demolition Derby pre or post race?)
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2006, 02:40:37 pm »

Spoil-sport.

You beat me to it!

Bob U, we have started looking into budgets for next years 24 hours race, but it all depends on what Tom does next year and how much F BMW eats at the budget (more than likely, all of it!). We got close to getting Tom a drive in this years race, but could not raise the budget. But it somthing that Tom and us would realy like to do. If we do go ahead all help will be gratefully recived.

Anyone else like to join in?

Ian I think for a few of the teams the demolition derby was in the wee dark hours, dont worry smokie you can get duct/tank tape in most colours, you will never notice............

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:44:56 pm by Bobblehat » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: