Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 06:39:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 250 Million Reasons Californians Are Nuts!  (Read 19437 times)
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2007, 09:31:32 am »

Frankly American sporting fans just don't give a damn what the rest of the world prefers to watch,  You can argue till your blue in the face, watch want you want, its not us against anyone, we just don't care what anyone else likes

Fax I think it is a bit rich to make with the 'holier than thou' (as illustrated in your reply to Brad) attitude.  The quote from earlier in the thread is indicative of the view of the world that Americans appear to have.  Introspective and miopic.  Elsewhere you mentioned that we are 'only talking about sport'.  Not so sure...

And I thought you and I were going to agree on this thread, but things seem to have taken a turn.   Still the airing of opinions is a healthy thing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:26:50 pm by oldtimer » Logged
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2007, 05:20:53 pm »

Oldtimer, please! read the fricking post.  I was talking about sports Amercian prefer to watch.  Get it? Thats all, SPORTS!
Don't try to twist it into something its not.
Fax
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2007, 05:54:51 pm »

Given that FAX is American I think we have to respect his opinions about what his fellow country men like to watch and the fact that Football will never be a leading game over there. One of those things, I can live with that.

I mean lets face it, perhaps FAX thinks we are all a ‘crash helmet short of the full body armour’ because I for one would rather have pins stuck in my eyes than have to watch  that NFL thing, and lets face in the US Soccer is a bit of a girls game, in the same way that Base Ball - rounders and Basketball – netball, are girls games over here. Its just one of the things.

It might be that Becks does a job in there, but I can't help feeling that if the Americans were going to warm to Football, then they would have done so by now. And finally I couldn't really care less whether they do or not.

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2007, 06:09:27 pm »

Hi Monkey, nah, don't think Brits are that at all.  I have several good friends who are Brits and they're all good blokes.  What would be horrifying to a handful of your countrymen on this forum though is that most of these who've pulled up stakes and moved to this US have become US football fans.  I can go to the local pub (which is big hangout for ex-pats in Cincy) on Saturday or Sunday afternoon and find a bunch of them watching college or pro football on the TV.  Those who don't care for it, they're good guys too.  Its all about what floats your boat.
Fax
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2007, 09:20:32 pm »

I wasnt gonna say a word, darnit it's Mark's fault talking about the terraces at Villa Park. Woke me up to realise I did have an opinion after all (Which end Mark?)

I would have liked to see the superstar come back to the Premiership, maybe even to VP to earn a crust, but after remembering how bad at most of the basic "football" stuff he is it's a good job he is going to the US and will be heavily into Paris by the end of the year.

He CAN place the ball beautifully into the goal or on a fellow team member's head, but he doesnt have the bottle to tackle or run with the ball into the area. I wonder if that is why he isnt wanted anywhere else.

IMO he with his little mate sicknote Owen cost us (England) a fair go at several trophies in the last few years.

America, you have him, I cetainly wont miss him.

Ronaldo though, him I could wish for.
 Wink

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2007, 11:47:53 pm »

Ronaldo though, him I could wish for.
 Wink

I could quite happily wish him over to the States....

2 Games vs Reading.......3 goals....

Whilst thier going about paying over the odds for a load of junk, they can take Andy Johnson from Everton, Frank Lampard, John Terry, Jose Mourinhio, and Ulises De La Cruz if they want....(yes I know he plays for Reading, but seriously - theres a reason we call him Useless De La Cruz)

I'm starting to feel that Fax has a point - it's all about what floats your boat - unfortunately America is full of sports which (However dull) appeal to the nature and culture of the country - and are marketed with fizzy drinks, Hotdogs, and more fizzy drinks....  The fact that "soccer" is a game of intricacy, skill, judgement, fitness and teamwork will always be lost whilst they can still watch what seems like about 80 people fight over nothing whilst two people play catch over the top of them....so I'm happy to sit and watch Becks show the US how to play football from the UK, safe in the knowledge that that America doesn't know what it's missing....

I would also point out that I am bitter because at £4million (the fee Real Madrid actually wanted for him) even Reading could have managed - and I was hoping he'd pull on the hoops for one more year of set piece magic....ho hum....

At least we get to look forward to the Astons giving the Corvettes a dammed good Spanking at Le-Mans... Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2007, 12:55:25 am »

Poor old useless! we always called him that, when we were not calling him even worse things. In hindsight we could prolly still do with him again. We aint got no defenders at the moment.

Ronaldo keeps battering us too but him I want.

Smiley

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2007, 05:43:32 am »

Poor old useless! we always called him that, when we were not calling him even worse things. In hindsight we could prolly still do with him again. We aint got no defenders at the moment.

Smiley

Now come on, is that any way to talk about Rhino? Wink
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2007, 09:03:51 am »

I wasnt gonna say a word, darnit it's Mark's fault talking about the terraces at Villa Park. Woke me up to realise I did have an opinion after all (Which end Mark?)

Only place to be on a Saturday afternoon in the 70s mate - the Holt End.......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2007, 09:32:25 pm »

Smiley

Now come on, is that any way to talk about Rhino? Wink

There's a little word that various internet forums use when someone makes a reply, not fully understanding what was said....it goes a little like this...

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHH

Smiley

And Mark....we'll happily send him back to you, for about £3.50....even at that price we'd be robbing you....possibly the worst player since Bobby Mihalov to pull on the Royals colours....

at least mihalov was funny when he screwed it up!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2007, 09:43:08 pm »

The only place to be!

Bottom right!

Grin

Rhino, superb, totally generous offer

We'll pass

which Useless can't

Smiley

bill

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2007, 10:02:36 pm »

The only place to be!

Bottom right!

Grin

Bottom left - on and off from about 1970 until 1976   Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2007, 11:53:40 pm »

That's quite funny in a way.

60s and early seventies I was a Witton ender and after a break I started going back with my son and his cronies in the time of "bigfatronsclaretandbluearmy" They all were Holte-enders so I became one by default...

Still,

still dont want useless back

but we could have put Romeo in the youth team so his dad could have helped out there!

Maybe Randy will pick up some missionary zeal and convert the heathens when he goes back home!

Shocked

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: