Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 02:51:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brit F1 to move to Donington from 2010  (Read 26525 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2009, 12:18:05 am »

Bernie also said, in the Beeb article above, "But I'm not worried. I don't worry about anything to be honest with you."

I wonder if he realises the rest of us don't care much either...

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 11:39:44 am »

I was knocked for six yesterday, I used to work with Simon Gillett, the Director of Donnington that was interviewed on ITV about the the contract, not very confidence inspiring. He says there is no get out clause for Bernie - apart from the one that says if they are not ready they could loose it!
Simons old man used to be heavily involved with F1 in the 70's, with a fuel company I think, so there could be an old connection with the old school club and Bernie and Donnington backers.
However, I still think it's been setup to fail and give Bernie his opportunity to sell the race slot to Asia. This would kill off the UK F1 Industry, perhaps we should start a "Keep the British GP" movement.

Oh dear, it seems like Simons forgoten to pay the rent!!! I hate to say it but I think Berni found a mug to be his fall guy, Simon was always full of flash in the pan ideas for our SAP implementation projects, but failed in the detail to see them through. I the end our boss asked for a full status report on all of our projects - he got sacked.
What really p**s me off is that Berni is one of the richest men in the world, has made his billions from motor sport and now expects the British government to bail out the British GP which will earn him yet more millions.... Maybe it these time of ecconomic pressure he should return some loyalty to the British motorsport industry, its one of the few industries that we can claim to lead the world in. This is an absolut example of why we are in the S**t that we are, a few people at the top have failed to reinvest their vast fortunes and taken them abroad and invested in forign banks and industries leaving us sucked dry, I will never forget Maggi saying that the future of the UK is in the Banking and Service industry....well that worked then didnt it!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 12:57:34 pm »

If Tom's sending in the Bailiffs, it must be pretty final.  What about the races this year.

Bernie and Tom must have a plan b, or Bernie has done a deal with the BRDC fat cats at Silverstone.

Plus the Welsh government is dropping its sponsorship of Wales Rally GB, so that may close too.  There'll be no serious motorsport in the UK after that Cry Cry Cry Cry

Fine by me Grin

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2009, 03:17:46 pm »

I wonder if Bernie will lend any of his car collection to Donnington?

A small part of it is going on display in Bahrain

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9221.html

He must have an amazing collection hidden away. It used to be at Biggin Hill, I wonder if its still in the UK or moved to a more 'friendly place' should his wife won't a part of it.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2009, 08:47:09 pm »

I hope the fomer Mrs Eccelstone does take him to the cleaners - just to piss him off. It would be a shame to break up such a collection though, perhaps we could get him done on drug trafficing (or similar imoral charge) Grin and have them seized and kept for the nation, the thought of him screeming at the bars of a cell would please so many!!!! police
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2009, 09:56:14 am »

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37726

Looks like UK has seen its last GP for some time to come.

Missing Termietermite
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2009, 11:35:21 am »

Interesting article, thanks. Makes you realise how complex F1 funding is and what a total arse Bernie is. Interesting comment from Damon, who has more acumen that I'd have imagined "With F1 paying $270m in annual interest repayments on the loan which its owners took out to buy the sport".
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2009, 11:36:48 am »

I still fail to see how Bernie has been allowed to suck so much money out of the sport T***
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2009, 01:46:53 pm »

Well, that article doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know or had guessed!

It's all rumour, counter rumour, claim and counter claim at the moment, with large doses of sabre rattling thrown in for good measure!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2009, 01:52:23 pm »

As my satnav has a habit of saying...

"Perform a legal u-turn when possible"

http://www.crash.net/formula+one/news/146073/1/ecclestone_i_have_nothing_against_silverstone.html

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2009, 04:12:39 pm »

Another nail in the GP to Donnington.

NWLC has announced that it is planning to review its decision to approve DVLL's redevelopment plans, which includes the rebuilding and relocation of Donington Park's paddock and pit complex, as well as an extension of the race track designed by renowned Formula One circuit architect, Hermann Tilke.

DVLL's failure to sign a Section 106 agreement by the end of March means that NWLC's planning committee is now set to overturn its decision to green light the revamp of Donington Park, which last staged a Formula One Grand Prix in 1993.

NWLC leader Richard Blunt said: "The Council has already extended the deadline for signing the agreement by another month, allowing four months in total, and has continued to work with Donington Park to meet the deadlines and terms of the permission.

"We can't keep extending the deadline for signing the agreement. Donington Park has already started construction and to allow further, unchecked construction to take place may make the original planning permission invalid and any future control the Council may wish to retain over events would be severely diluted."

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2009, 12:29:21 am »

Seems Donington may have the gig after all for 2010.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8085316.stm
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2009, 07:02:30 am »

Only if the Wheatcroft's stump up the £100Million, or someone else does, Gillet doesn't have the money!

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2009, 08:34:01 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8300268.stm

looks like its over bar the shouting. cant believe it has got this far tbh.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: