Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 12:49:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Bull Air Race @ Longleat today  (Read 6727 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2006, 10:33:33 pm »

http://www.longleat.co.uk/events-redbull.html

I went but it was cancelled. Were any other CAers there?

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:36:18 pm »

After all the build-up on C4, just felt I had to watch it but what a sad drop-off!  And what was that awful female interviewer about?  I'm ashamed to be the same sex.  Airhead. Embarrassed

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 11:02:42 pm »

i went, was a bit dissapointing, altho we did end up in the maze which is always fun and also had a mini party in the car park with the works flatbed!! which carpark were you in smokie? i was in red

the female presenter was louise goodman from F1, didnt really catch much of what she was saying tho

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 09:02:55 am »

We were in red too. Took a while to get out didn't it! We just sat in the wind and rain for over six hours waiting for something to happen, trying to work out how much the food concessions were taking (continual queues for no-cheap food).

It actually looked quite exciting so I might try it again next year.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:23:18 am »

i went, was a bit dissapointing, altho we did end up in the maze which is always fun and also had a mini party in the car park with the works flatbed!! which carpark were you in smokie? i was in red

the female presenter was louise goodman from F1, didnt really catch much of what she was saying tho
No, definately not her!  Much younger with dark hair.  Knew naff all about what she was saying! Which is not true of LG.  Maybe Louise was there for somebody else?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Rob
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 12:08:06 pm »

hmmm... dunno who that was then

smokie, did you see anything of a rather large navy blue flatbed in the carpark on the way out? our shenanigans could be heard from some distance!!

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 03:55:44 pm »

Amanda Stretton, maybe?

* amanda%20stretton4s.jpg (78.33 KB, 640x749 - viewed 282 times.)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 04:09:03 pm »

Er, no.  Not a face I recognised.  Nor wish to see again, I have to say!  Will watch the repeat of the, erm, action, at the weekend and find out.  This was definately not a woman (girl, would be a better description) who would know her way around a car, let alone a 'plane.  Had just been imported to pass the time and provide a bit of eye candy, I suspect.  Cynic.

Volks Repair Man
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 04:20:35 pm »

I'm sure Steve Ryder introduced the blonde as Louise Goodman, we were being deafened right in front of one of the speaker stacks. I believ they were struggling with sound problems (echoes) which may have put her off.

After driving from N. Wales to E. Lincs on the Friday, I drove down to Beds on Friday night to make the trip over to Longleat 5.30am Sat. I had a pleasant snooze under an umbrella! Agree it would have been top event.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 04:36:00 pm »

No Steve Ryder on the C4 coverage either. This person was just interviewing "celebs" etc and was not blonde.  Honest, I know LG and AS when I see them!
At any rate, the programme is being repeated at 8.25 on Sunday morning and is worth a look as it does give a feel for what looks like a great series (apart from said female, of course.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 04:47:57 pm by termietermite » Logged

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 05:53:38 pm »

...they were struggling with sound problems (echoes) which may have put her off.

Old Sir Longleat (Marquis of Bath??) was mighty amused (and perplexed) by these echoes when he was pronouncing the show Open.

All we saw on the spot was Steve Ryder and Louise. The import must have been TV only...

Have to say I was quite impressed with Steve Ryder's ability to bullshit on and be a link man about something he probably knew very little about, other than a 30 minute briefing beforehand. But he rather did labour the point about not going to the pits because the bridge was congested...
nickliv
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 08:37:31 pm »

I saw that woman. Thick as mince, typical 'thinking too much gives you wrinkles' type.

On the splendidly barking Marquis of Bath:

Interviewer 'So Lord Bath, how many lions do you have here now?'

Lord Bath 'Nine.                                        And one of them's a tiger'
Rob
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 10:09:14 am »

Lord Bath is a legend! was one of only 4 things that made the day ok

other 3 -
running frantically round the maze trying to beat my mates
mini party in th eflatbed in the carpark trying to leave
pulling up in said flatbed to a random pub in salsbury to watch a good england performance

we were slightly confused as to who (tv channel) was gonna be showing it cos i had seen that c4 were showing it on tv but there was a load of bbc lorries and equipment - maybe steve ryder and louise ggodman were presenting for the bbc's coverage?

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 01:49:01 pm »

I saw a bit of the C4 coverage on Saturday and it was not Louise or Amanda.  I'd assumed it was an "it" girl of some sort brought in to make the place look attractive. 
Pileopants
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 10:56:30 am »

Think this could be the girl - Tamara Ecclestone... Yes Bernie's daughter!

She was presenting the coverage of the Air Race from Budapest on Channel 4. Awful....

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: