Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 07:29:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACO and Permits  (Read 9343 times)
southernmonkey

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2005, 01:21:28 pm »

Hi all,

Been a frequent lurker for a while now but reregistered as I'd forgotten all login details.

Basically I'm returning to Le Mans after a lengthy hiatus due to having kids and stuff  Smiley and plan to travel independent of my mates who are all travelling on packages from P&M.

I have contacted the ACO in mid-November and requested my preferred choices for camping permits. My question is: have I left it a little late in the year to have done this? In the past I seem to recall November being pretty late for requesting permits directly from the ACO but I'm not 100% certain. Also, do I need a car parking permit too? Or is this the same thing as the camping permit? I don't recall needing a seperate one before.

Oh! and one more thing - general admission race tickets are still available on the gates right?

Many thanks for any feedback!

Southernmonkey!

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 01:37:29 pm »

Welcome back. To answer your questions.

November is probably too late to ask for your prefered choice but tickets for BSJ will still be readily available from the ACO.

You do not need seperate car park tickets as a camping pass includes car and passengers.

General admission tickets are available on the gate.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
southernmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 02:27:07 pm »

Welcome back.

Cheers BOB!

November is probably too late to ask for your prefered choice but tickets for BSJ will still be readily available from the ACO.

Anywhere is better than listening to radio Le Mans at home in Manchester!!!!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 02:32:52 pm »

This has all changed in the last few years.  Booking by Christmas used to be fine, but this year some of the agencies had sold out of certain camping passes by July.  I don't think that the ACO do much until the end of the season, and I have seen a letter saying you've got two weeks to take up the same tickets as last year, I think it was this time last year.  Its all a bit disorganised in the days of dotcoms

Ring up and have a punt,  (and book 2007 whilst you're going)  At worst you'll get Beasejour, and there may be an odd space somewhere better

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 02:34:41 pm »

Anywhere is better than Manchester

southernmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 02:50:29 pm »

Ring up and have a punt,  (and book 2007 whilst you're going)  At worst you'll get Beasejour, and there may be an odd space somewhere better

So even though I've received my letter informing me that I've been placed on the "list" and to await further details on allocation you suggest I should ring up too?

southernmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 02:54:19 pm »

Anywhere is better than Manchester

LOL! Its not THAT bad... I can think of many worse places to live. I've lived here for about 8 years now and have seen it change dramatically in that time. I'm originally from the New Forest/Southampton area so Manchester has at least got a pulse!!! If your into live music (as I am) then only London rivals it for gigs.

It does have a few too many chav's though!!!!

Ooops... I've derailed my own thread!!!!!!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 03:12:00 pm »

Good grief, these chavs get everywhere.  At least Le Mans is a chav free zone.

For info on Kent chavs, see www.sheppeyscum.com   Perhaps Manchester isn't that bad after all

southernmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 04:08:44 pm »

heh funny!

Have you heard of Devvo??? He's a Chav from Doncaster/Hull area who has a videography online at:

http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm

Watch the movies using the links for Googlevid

It's quality stuff  Smiley
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 09:07:02 pm »

Needs locking up or sorting out.

M.

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 01:50:24 am »

Southern Monkey

Some of us are from the south, and resident Pompariens !! ( although not born and bred )

Southampton is full of lovely women though?

Take life by the horns and live it.
southernmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 02:05:26 pm »

Southern Monkey

Some of us are from the south, and resident Pompariens !! ( although not born and bred )

Southampton is full of lovely women though?

Bloody hell... Pompey!!! I love the way you quickly follow up the admission of residing there with ( although not born and bred ).. must be something about that place.

I'm not too sure about the lasses in So'ton either! The reason I moved up north was for a girl so I'm no expert on the gals in my hmoe city... I'm sorry to say  Smiley
southernmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 02:10:03 pm »

Oh and just to bring this thread back on topic before I get a ban!!!

What is BSJ like as a site? Only ever camped in Karting Nord and Houx Annexe.. I've heard that BSJ has no facilities and is a bit of an over-spill layby??? sounds great! But how true?

Cheers

SM
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 02:47:11 pm »

I think you're more likely to get a ban for staying on topic around here Wink

So to risk my account...  I'd ignore what you've heard about BSJ, it's a full on campsite like HA, there's the usual facilities & a shuttle bus to take you to the village, they do seem to put a lot of people on there but it is a big field!!

If you order 1 ticket with the ACO you may get what you asked for, if not you could always park the car at BSJ & camp with your mates (as long as you don't mind leaving the car!!) or arrange to camp with some friendly CA members!! Grin

As for Portsmouth/Southampton, I've no idea of the quality of women there, although apparently there's some game called football  & a bloke called Harry that is causing a bit of a stir down there??
southernmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 03:00:29 pm »

I'd ignore what you've heard about BSJ, it's a full on campsite like HA, there's the usual facilities & a shuttle bus to take you to the village, they do seem to put a lot of people on there but it is a big field!!

Excellent... thanks for that Chris!

If you order 1 ticket with the ACO you may get what you asked for

I think I ordered 3 permits with HA first then KN then TR and finally BSJ. From what I've been told here and read elsewhere I'm likely to get BSJ which is fine now that I know its a proper site. I think I read somewhere else that you could even buy BSJ permits at the race last year...anyone know if thats true?

As for Portsmouth/Southampton, I've no idea of the quality of women there, although apparently there's some game called football  & a bloke called Harry that is causing a bit of a stir down there??

[rant]LOL! What a joke! I shouldn't pin my colours to the mast really but... that lot are welcome to him... I hope he does as good a job down there as he did at our place last year! He's already started with the excuses and how he's "down to the bare bones"... [/rant]  Smiley

SM
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: