Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 03:52:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I be first....  (Read 19842 times)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 03:39:50 am »

I shouldnt have to defend myself but I will anyway....

This year I am missing it because of training,for those who dont know I am currently an apprentice track engineer. This means this year and the next 2 years I will be on substantialy lower wages than I have had in previous years.

Le Mans is a luxury that I would not be able to justify having wedding or no wedding and to be perfectly honest my priorities for the next few years lie far beyond a motor race in france which will be there to be enjoyed many years after I have ticked a few more important things off my to do list.

Call it a sence of humour failure if you want but getting engaged and planning my wedding has been the single greatest thing that I have ever done and I am gladly puting my next Le Mans visit on hold on my own accord,not because I am under the thumb or being "changed" by my fiance!!!

hell we got a live one here Smiley

Worry not - I did the same, missed 2009, in order to get married two weeks before, and go on honeymoon.
I can't tell you this wasn't without some degree of planning though.  As it happens, my wedding anniversary will never fall on Le-Mans weekend, will never take place during football season, and if by some miracle, Reading manage to get themselves into the Final of the FA cup (which is about as likely as hell freezing over) then we already have an aggreement, that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and that one wedding anniversary can be sacrificed.  Now who on earth would have planned it like that?  Evil

Motorsport is a big part of my life also, and is not a part of my wifes - if I had to give up a couple of LM trips to get married, I would have - however the spade and patio option was also considered at one point.

I would say though, having missed 2009, I won't be missing it again - it damn near killed me having to listen to the race on the radio feed, and get telephone calls at god only knows what time, explaining how much fun everyone was having......

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 01:03:35 pm »

Sorry if I came over rather agressively, Mike.  Of course your priorities are your affair, not anyone else's. Smiley  It wasn't a response aimed specifically at you but every year when the "who's not going" thread starts, at least one chap blames the woman in his life for "stopping" him from coming!  I know, of course I do, that there are more important things in life than motor sport, especially at your age.....  Wink

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 02:24:14 pm »

Thank god I don´t have these issues anymore, my GF understands my need to go to the races, hell she even likes it and is joining us this year. Go get married mike, get the job you are studying for, but make sure you come back to le mans in the end and maybe just bring her along, she might just like it.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 02:07:29 pm »

Ill be blunt its down to a family disagreement i wont be going this year. Not going into details but the second part of the trip (going to the ring) was booked and paid for end of last year as Lemans wasn't going to cost sod all as Andy pointed out the parents live in the area.

Now due to the disagreement i cant afford to splash out on camping, tickets etc the cost is not justifiable, so balls to it im going to the ring and that will do as its all paid for.

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 02:28:20 pm »

i cant afford to splash out on camping, tickets etc the cost is not justifiable

Kev me old mucker.... a few words of advice.

Whilst fully sympathising with family fall outs n all that, I dont think you will find that lack of funds is going to be an acceptable excuse, no matter what the back story.  (If I can use the expression "back story" with BigH around).

F
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 03:05:09 pm »

i cant afford to splash out on camping, tickets etc the cost is not justifiable

Kev, I am sure that Neil will find a suitable hidie hole for you in the RV, hells bells there enough room in the dam thing I sure we could sneek most of CA onto MB for free Wink Grin
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »

And if you want to come with me it's free to camp and free entrance tickets !!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:44 am »

Nice to see you back on line Gordon, how's the treatment going?

your wasting your time with kev, he's not playing ball!

Jules
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 01:06:19 pm »

Jules

Yes, every year Kev comes up with some amazing excuses for not attending. It started off with the old "the dog's ill" routine and the excuses have since progressed in incredulity. Last year I think he said he couldn't go because his car was haunted by a German ghost called Tarquin he'd picked up at The 'ring. Or something.

PS Hope you're on the mend Gordon!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 04:49:07 pm »

Jules

Yes, every year Kev comes up with some amazing excuses for not attending. It started off with the old "the dog's ill" routine and the excuses have since progressed in incredulity. Last year I think he said he couldn't go because his car was haunted by a German ghost called Tarquin he'd picked up at The 'ring. Or something.

PS Hope you're on the mend Gordon!

He must be allergic to Beef flavoured Monster Munch, that the reorruring nighmeres of Rex in the leather trench coat Grin
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 07:46:16 pm »

Last year i was in a very bad financial state, now im not and ive decided not to go to lemans.............................. end of Smiley

Thank you for the offers and Gord i hope your getting better Smiley

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 11:13:51 pm »

Gord i hope your getting better Smiley

Seconded.
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 06:37:54 pm »

Thanks for the kind comments folks, I will know on Tuesday what the score is. Had a big scare in December but I think that now the tumours are dormant, or stable so if so may not have to go back on chemo.
Fingers crossed for Tue !!! I'll be at Le Mans whatever the result though !!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 06:49:02 pm »

Thanks for the kind comments folks, I will know on Tuesday what the score is. Had a big scare in December but I think that now the tumours are dormant, or stable so if so may not have to go back on chemo.
Fingers crossed for Tue !!! I'll be at Le Mans whatever the result though !!

Thats good news, hope to see u before Le Mans as well as at Le Mans.

Take it easy, how's the motor going?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: