Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 10:19:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tent Pitching : A Plea  (Read 5484 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2011, 03:46:22 pm »

The Termites will be one short this year, and - as most of you know - my tent pitching days are pretty much over.  What's more, I need a full height tent for obvious reasons so the one we have is well-nigh impossible for one chap (Mr T) to put up alone.

We'd like to spend the night at the circuit after Wednesday practice if we can since there will only be two of us to share the booze or drive duties to and from Chez Termite.

So, you know what's coming - any chance of any volunteers to help my poor, beleaguered o/h (who already has to do rather more than he should these days) put our house up some time around lunchtime on Wednesday?  Cold beers all around for any and all who can help.

MB Row Q.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 04:53:33 pm »

im sure if i can remember  Huh myself and Roar will help you out
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:15:11 pm »

There will be a bunch of DfH'ers around who will be able to help Termie. We are on rows M and N spots 42-44.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 07:26:26 pm »

Thanks so much Nick, Marius et al.  I know we are very close to camp DFH so will wave and look pathetic on arrival. Smiley

You guys are all great - don't know what we'd do without each other.  Well, I guess we'd all cope but it wouldn't be the same.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 11:27:06 pm »

Marius, we won't be there yet around lunch time

however Termie, if later in the afternoon is fine we will definately be able to help out!
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 08:39:57 am »

We'll be arriving about 4ish on Wednesday and are pitched on rang X row 52....so if we arrive before DfH then we can assist with putting up the tent Smiley
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 08:42:32 am »

Count us in too .... tent'll be up in no time with all this help  Grin
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:59:03 am »

Oh sorry, I missed the 'around lunchtime'.  Roll Eyes But still, by the end of afternoon, we will be there. Smiley

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:08:46 am »

Talking about tent pitching, how much notice do people take of the place numbers on BN? We should turn up around Thursday night/Friday morning are we going to have to look forward to trying to place an eviction order or camp in a hedge when we arrive?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 11:14:10 am »

You are all too kind. Smiley

Obviously, our deadline is to be in the stands in time for the start of practice (we need about an hour to get my disabled parking ticket and get me up into the grandstand) so we need to get away from the campsite by 15.00.

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 11:20:09 am »

Talking about tent pitching, how much notice do people take of the place numbers on BN? We should turn up around Thursday night/Friday morning are we going to have to look forward to trying to place an eviction order or camp in a hedge when we arrive?
H

H, we have never had a problem they are always well marked out, the only problem we have had was the girl who was trying to find our pitches the other year only had half of the bn map, see you down there for a cool one.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 11:44:20 am »

H

H, we have never had a problem they are always well marked out, the only problem we have had was the girl who was trying to find our pitches the other year only had half of the bn map, see you down there for a cool one.

Sounds like the same girl who directed me couple years ago

She said follow me, as she cycled merrily off in one dirrection, stoped after a few mins, looked at the map, turn it upside down and turned around and cycled the way we hd just come.

The good ol' French

Not long now everyone, getting excited here

If you're going through hell, keep going.
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 12:25:22 pm »

H

Sounds like the same girl who directed me couple years ago

She said follow me, as she cycled merrily off in one dirrection, stoped after a few mins, looked at the map, turn it upside down and turned around and cycled the way we hd just come.

The good ol' French

Not long now everyone, getting excited here
Having arrived at BN on friday morning a few times don't be suprised if you end up in a completely differtent spot to where you should be or an extension added on to bleu nord, this has happended to us twice in the past few visits.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:27:29 pm by enzo » Logged

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 04:54:09 pm »

Not getting to BN till after lunch Deb, but if you can't find anyone on MB, text me and I'll pop over.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 05:04:38 pm »

All sorted, thanks, folks.

Cheers to all those who volunteered. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: