Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 07:19:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa 24 Hours  (Read 25960 times)
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2006, 07:54:19 am »

In pictures...

The winning Vitaphone Maserati with Van der Poele, Bartels and Bertolini at the wheel.

The second placed AM DBR9 piloted by Lemeret, Deletraz, Piccini and Fässler.

And the third placed Corvette C6R with Longin, Kumpen, Hezemans and Mollekens.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2006, 01:03:22 pm »

Really sorry to have missed everybody.  I had a house full of visitors and forgot to take a last look at the site to see which bar it was.  Mr Termie and I wandered round all the other bars in confidence that it wouldn't be in the paddock as you had to pay more! Sad  See you all next year!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2006, 02:52:46 pm »

Well we're back, it was a great trip.  It was good to meet up with Pieter again on the campsite and hgb and Yvonne at the circuit.  The campsite was a reunion from last year with the Belgians, dutch and the danes there again.   We also had a couple of belgian lads next to us and if you're reading this guys get in touch, we missed you leaving!    We also had Roger and his son Edmund though - I've forgotten your CA log in though Roger!  Hope you got back OK. 

It's a fanatastic event and hopefully after the short fellow has finished ripping the circuit apart it will still be worth going to.

I do wonder if it's worthy of a CA guide - it's quite a tricky place to find your way around and is different from Le Mans in that you can easily drive to different parts of the circuit.   Can I submit this to the editorial team? 

I'm not sure if Jason and Dave are back yet - Dave had some terminal car trouble on the way back through France  Sad

Pieter - how was your Sunday night  Grin
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2006, 05:17:19 pm »

Well, I was pretty tired Sunday morning, but a couple of beers helped me back in the saddle. Grin

Sunday night, I even had enough energy to do my pics!
keithk
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2006, 05:47:08 pm »

Just a few beers then!!!!

Pictures for everyone....

http://www.gtphotosport.com/spa24_06/index.html
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2006, 06:29:10 pm »

Some great pics there, Keith!  Cheesy
BTW, hgb: some pretty good shots you've posted. Keep 'em coming.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2006, 10:17:25 pm »

I do wonder if it's worthy of a CA guide - it's quite a tricky place to find your way around and is different from Le Mans in that you can easily drive to different parts of the circuit.   Can I submit this to the editorial team?
Been thinking the same, or a guide to the LMS circuits.

I'm not sure if Jason and Dave are back yet - Dave had some terminal car trouble on the way back through France  Sad
Finally got back OK, dropped Dave off after giving his car a decent burial in France. However I have spent the whole of today pretty much asleep, I think something I ate on the ferry disagreed with me.

Good to meet those I did

Wooosh!!!!
Big_M

I am a gay man trapped in a women's body

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2006, 10:20:56 am »

Know I am fairly new to the board, but I have often though how useful a "Rough Guide" to the major racing circuits of Europe would be. 

I went to Monza last year to watch the LMES and we made the mistake of thinking we could walk from the railway station to the circuit - and then we just had to walk round the circuit when we got there too.   Tongue

My blisters had blisters the next day.

But we did find a bus the next day - and it appeared to be free - well the driver wouldn't take any money.
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2006, 12:57:32 pm »

Finally got back OK, dropped Dave off after giving his car a decent burial in France. However I have spent the whole of today pretty much asleep, I think something I ate on the ferry disagreed with me.

Good to meet those I did

What happened to Dave's car?

mdh-photography.co.uk
rcutler
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2006, 01:19:12 pm »

I picked him up in Sees during June on his way to the 24 hour. I assume then that the car went to a Vovlo dealership in Alencon where the repair cost of the car outweight the point of repair.

I seem to remember that the car had blown the cylinder head gasket.
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2006, 01:40:31 pm »

http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gallery/2006/spa%5F24%5Fhours%5Fteaser/album/ - some of my photos.

mdh-photography.co.uk
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2006, 02:14:23 pm »

Good to meet those I did

What happened to Dave's car?
In short, It died.

Longer - water was getting into the head and it was p*ssing out water from the exhaust. So it now rusts in piece near Dunkerque

Wooosh!!!!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2006, 02:32:07 pm »

I picked him up in Sees during June on his way to the 24 hour. I assume then that the car went to a Vovlo dealership in Alencon where the repair cost of the car outweight the point of repair.

I seem to remember that the car had blown the cylinder head gasket.

Rick, different Dave this time but if your name is Dave and you're travelling through France this summer you might want to check your car before you go!! 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 02:33:52 pm by Piglet » Logged
rcutler
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2006, 05:13:26 pm »

I think just if you are a CA member, Myself, Dave Davies, JPC and probably a few more all broke down on the way there this year!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2006, 05:47:07 pm »

Finally posted some pics herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/97986095@N00/

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: