Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 08:40:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New car  (Read 25203 times)
JT
CA Veteran

Roughton Gentleman's Club

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2008, 06:46:23 pm »

A proper shooting brake - just south of Cherbourg on the run home in 2005. The third puncture - two spares and a long story about RAC European cover.

* Puncture N0 3.JPG (718.23 KB, 1984x1488 - viewed 278 times.)
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2008, 10:32:01 pm »

Just seen an awsome sight on my way into the town about 12 miles from the villige i live in. The road is quite a twisy little number that can be fun to drive with a bit of speed  Grin

Anyway,i was giving the A3 a bit of welly before i get rid of it on friday and caught this old car going fairly slow but had a mighty powerful sound. He was holding me up though so at the 1st chance i got i made an attempt to overtake.

Well...... the thing shot off at an outstanding rate leaving me sitting in its dust and feeling a bit of a fool  Embarrassed

And a quick search on google looks like it was a Dolomite Sprint.

Are these things fast standardor has it been tuned???

They have lumps of what round the back???
F-Troop Mom

Home address: F-Troop, Green Park, Sebring, FL

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2008, 10:54:57 pm »

I prefer "Station Wagon" (and it's a Pontiac  Grin )

In some parts of the US we call these "Woodys"...
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2008, 10:56:33 pm »

Mr Zarse, would that have been a Vauxhall Victor estate car?

FS... Is that you with your first car in the B&W Pic? Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2008, 10:59:22 pm »

I prefer "Station Wagon" (and it's a Pontiac  Grin )

In some parts of the US we call these "Woodys"...
The Ozzies can "crack a big woody".... if you like large cans of pre mixed Woodstock Bourbon and Cola.
 Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
IanB
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2008, 11:09:39 pm »

Mike,
     Time you got shut of the A3 .

A Dolly Sprint 0-60  in 8.4 .Tops 119MPH
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2008, 11:11:32 pm »

Thats a nice Cardi too... was that the one you were wearing last time we met?

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2008, 11:41:50 pm »

and that would not be helpful with the impending unmarried partner visa application interview... I wont mention nice cardi's Cool

Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 12:22:28 am »

As the Ozzies say... only milk and juice comes in 2 litres Grin
I thought that was elephants

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 03:08:30 am »

A proper shooting brake - just south of Cherbourg on the run home in 2005. The third puncture - two spares and a long story about RAC European cover.

JT,

That Rolls was besqoke made for a chap called Godefroy. I've been in it. He was my Headmaster at Rhinefield House. I think Rolls' commissioned about a dozen of these, but I only ever saw one. sh*t you brought back memories.

Godefroy had three Rollers in perfect condition, all classics even in the sixties.

Later, after the school closed down. It was sold I believe to someone on Hayling Island who also had a pick-up version (he was a pig farmer!!!).

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Big G

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 11:25:33 am »

JT,

That Rolls was besqoke made for a chap called Godefroy. I've been in it. He was my Headmaster at Rhinefield House. I think Rolls' commissioned about a dozen of these, but I only ever saw one. sh*t you brought back memories.

Godefroy had three Rollers in perfect condition, all classics even in the sixties.

Later, after the school closed down. It was sold I believe to someone on Hayling Island who also had a pick-up version (he was a pig farmer!!!).
Most early/vintage Rolls & Bentleys were bespoke. Rolls Royce & Bentley primarily produced the rolling chasis's and then customers had coachbuilders finish the vehicle to their own specs. Wasn't until later on that Muliner Park Ward was acquired as the inhouse coach builder that they started producing complete vehicles.  Grin
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2008, 11:40:09 am »

JT,

I have seen a pick up version on Hayling Island, It was parked in a pub carpark as you head into the island on the left.
Silver in colour.

PP

JT
CA Veteran

Roughton Gentleman's Club

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2008, 04:35:06 pm »

My understanding from Andrew, the disconsolate chappie sitting on the front wing, who owns the car is that it is a Phantom I limousine from 1931 that was rebodied in the fifties. There was apparently a matching trailer at one point. It is a much travelled old bus, travelling from North Norfolk to Brighton every year to enable a bunch of drunks to watch the vintage car run. Much like the race at Le Sarthe, this excursion lasts from Friday morning through to Monday evening just to watch three or four hours worth of old motors. The Rolls also featured at the Goodwood Revival in 2005 & 2006, latterly being part of the display for the Saturday night ball. With all the bottles of champagne floating about that night really did hurt.

* P9030024.JPG (1277.08 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 415 times.)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2008, 01:15:27 am »

JT,

Can you please re-size the photo to include more of the scene, there are two 'centre pieces' - Moustashe and brunette's rear (very nice).

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2008, 05:13:43 pm »

Mike,
     Time you got shut of the A3 .

A Dolly Sprint 0-60  in 8.4 .Tops 119MPH

Thats the A3 gone. It had to be driven to the garage on 3 cylinders as one of the ignition coil packs packed up a mile from the garage  Grin

Time to go and explore the ST now  Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: