Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 05:29:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pikies Arrested on Blue Nord.  (Read 26165 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2008, 09:44:51 pm »

The main police station at Le Mans - the one at the top of Rue Coeffort 72000 Le Mans D72

Some who has seen the picture of the car has pointed out the Renault with the slight damage is from the local area,  as shown on the number plate 72.

Sounds like local village idiots!

If you're going through hell, keep going.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2008, 12:05:50 pm »

I expect the car was nicked too.

I'm investigating what to do next, but in the meantime, I suggest that anybody who's missing stuff makes a list of the things, with descriptions and photos should you have them and forward it to me via pm.  Then I'll call the police station and see what gives.

EDIT:  I have found their e-mail address: ddsp.72@interieur.gouv.fr

I will drop them a line later to find out what to do.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:24:43 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
ewan
CA Veteran

Hammer didn't fix it. Must be electrical fault.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2008, 11:58:39 pm »

Our site got hit when we were out watching the end of the race - our fault for not packing everything up, I suppose, but one of our number who was making a break for the ferry chased a few pikeys away about ten to three... they had started to dismantle the gazebos and did nick one of the coolboxes and a bunch of kitchen stuff (knives, chopping board, that kind of thing... easily replaced but a pain to do so).

Later, we took great delight in standing by watching a well organised group of French packing away the party tent that the T.W.A.T.S. had vacated and left onsite. Somehow, it slipped all of our minds to point out to Monsieur P. Ikey & co that the T.W.A.T.S. had been using one corner of the tent as a latrine for the whole weekend (and I don't mean "nearby", we're talking "rivers down the side")  laugh

Someone took a picture - I'm sure it'll surface at some point...

Newspaper misprints from around the world:
    "After the boat had been secured above the wrecked galleon the
    apparatus was set in motion by the captain's 18-year old daughter,
    Veronica. Within an hour, she was yielding her treasure to the
    excited crew."
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 03:05:33 am »

We were there for all of the BN event.  First guy was subdued by a couple of Brits - another Brit camper rode up to the track to get the police who showed up.  By that time, the whole gig had unfolded, amazingly no one had been chinned.

The guys in question (6 of them) were camping in the trees near the road.  They'd arrived with a tent and gradually knicked stuff over the whole event (table, chairs, booze, generator, pushbike, an axe etc. etc. (who brings an axe to Le Mans?).  Their little orange tent had stuff like folks' bags, etc, in it, the car had car stereos, cameras etc.

The whole scene was like an interactive crime scene as you could basically stroll around it and interact with the cops, victims or perps.  We ended up doing a little translating for the cops and English campers to explain the basic premise.  Then I looked in their other filthy tent and discovered another dude asleep, covered up.  He was subsequently hauled out by the feet.

Eventually, they pulled out some of their less legal posessions (a mighty red bong) and it went on from there. They all looked like junkies - one was a right arrogant bastard and gave the cops a fair bit of crap.

It went on endlessly with lots of people standing around and the cops appearing alarmingly disorganized and semi-interested.  Finally they decided to cart the dudes off - only to realize they didn't have enough handcuffs.  They tried a pair and they failed so had to be cut off the perp with bolt cutters.  Then an enterprising camper came-up with long zip ties and they were carted off.  As they closed the police van door, one of the coppers bowed to the crowed which got a cheer.

We reclaimed one of or camp chairs they'd knicked and went back to drinking from a distance.  Then the thoughtful campers set about "their" car and scooter.  They did what Chris24 captured above - and then the cops came back to inform everyone that it was a stolen car.  Nice foresight from the campers there.  Not that that was obvious then?

All in all a good catch - and tremendous restraint shown by the immediate surrounding campers and initial 2 dudes involved in the first apprehension.  It could have all gone horribly wrong.

The thieves were kids - literally.  It doesn't make them any less scum - but they were clearly junkies and idiots to boot.  Steal stuff and then keep it at your campsite.  In addition to that, they were stealing stuff from literally across the pitch from them.

We all think that the villains are sneaking around and using opportunity before disappearing into the night - not camped right next to you!!!

We've got photos of the entire event.  They'll probably show-up on Dunlopbridge.com in coming weeks.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 08:20:15 am »

Ahh, so it was probably this lot that made off with our kettle and cheap wine. So cheap it came in a plastic bottle. And the cartons of cooking wine one of our lot had bought to have in his packed lunch.

Being junkies I doubt they noticed how shite the wine was. But the kettle was a good un, I hope they appreciated it.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Buddha

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2008, 02:56:54 pm »

They were ladies?Huh?[

quote author=Queen Vic of the Melans link=topic=8834.msg118739#msg118739 date=1213719569]
PS
don't assume that just because someone checks the rubish piles they are a Pikey , I found a polystyrene box with dry ice in it on Sunday night and that cooled our remaining beers down very nicely!

As you'll see LPP makes a very good Pikey...  He looked very similar to a few of the stunning lady Pikeys as he rummaged through the bins!
[/quote]
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2008, 12:02:35 pm »

It went on endlessly with lots of people standing around and the cops appearing alarmingly disorganized and semi-interested.  Finally they decided to cart the dudes off - only to realize they didn't have enough handcuffs.  They tried a pair and they failed so had to be cut off the perp with bolt cutters.  Then an enterprising camper came-up with long zip ties and they were carted off.  As they closed the police van door, one of the coppers bowed to the crowed which got a cheer.

I think you maybe used to UK standards which is widely regrderd as the best Policing Service in the world. The UK bobby is far more skilled to deal witha wider range of tasks than many others.

Take life by the horns and live it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2008, 12:50:24 pm »

I think you maybe used to UK standards which is widely regrderd as the best Policing Service in the world. The UK bobby is far more skilled to deal witha wider range of tasks than many others.
And I have no doubt that the French police have ten times the number of forms to fill in....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2008, 12:35:56 am »

10 times more than the UK bobby..... They wouldnt ever get out the door. Let alone start the car up.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2008, 10:55:13 am »

Well it looks like they are taking the theft seriously.
I have just received a request to give evidence in court on the 5 July.  At least I think that is what it is.
I need to get a translation.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2008, 12:01:13 pm »

Just scan it and e-mail it to me, L/M.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2008, 12:59:37 pm »

Well it looks like they are taking the theft seriously.
I have just received a request to give evidence in court on the 5 July.  At least I think that is what it is.
I need to get a translation.

t.

I trust they'll meet your expenses Tom?? In which case Ia ssume you would need to be there for the whole week and they will therefore pay for your trip to The Classic??  Wink
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2008, 01:49:23 pm »

Witnesses are entitled to expenses - Loss of earnings, travel expenses and a daily living allowance if the witness needs to travel far, as in this case.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2008, 02:06:59 pm »

Tom

I'm glad it was your generator  Grin

Let us know if you need anything, as I still have the paperwork.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2008, 02:08:52 pm »

Just scan it and e-mail it to me, L/M.

Done,

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print