Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 05:28:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crap timing  (Read 4934 times)
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2008, 10:21:03 am »

Just over two weeks before we fly to France, and I find myself with a leg in plaster and on crutches! That will teach me for dropping vintage car parts on my foot, and then walking on it for 2 weeks before getting it checked out!

Turns out I have broken my foot in three places, and possible nerve damage. The experts are working frantically to make sure I am walking freely by the 11th, when I have a plane to catch, but it will be a close thing. I only have another 4000km to drive in the 3 weeks after the race, so I think I will be eating painkillers like peppermints.

What a dumb sh*t!!!

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 11:12:14 am »

Schoolboy error kiwi - at this stage of the training programme you shouldnt be doing anything more stenuous than bicep curls lifting appropriate measures of chilled beer.

I know Prof Zarse is still wielding hammers and vintage car parts, but he is a seasoned professional who has been doing this for years!

I hope your experts can get you patched up and on the road in time.

F

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 12:13:32 pm »

Bad luck Kiwi, a few beers to wash down the pain killers and you'll be running a round, no probs.
Taliking of crap timing, I got made redunant on 14th May, company went into liquidation and the directors didnt tell us.......... so me and 3 other guys have bought the assets of the company and are starting up on our own,  Cool
I think a good deal of my time at LM will be logged on at a WiFi Hot spot. Wink
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 12:18:52 pm »

Bad luck Kiwi, a few beers to wash down the pain killers and you'll be running a round, no probs.
Taliking of crap timing, I got made redunant on 14th May, company went into liquidation and the directors didnt tell us.......... so me and 3 other guys have bought the assets of the company and are starting up on our own,  Cool

Hey, good luck Ian, hope it all works

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 12:20:31 pm »

Which is a good point actually....any clues as to how connected HA Sud is?? 

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 11:54:23 pm »

After that, I feel better already!! Hope it all goes well for you.

My doctor (another good keen car man) has prescribed painkillers and bourbon. Obviously a wise and learned fellow. I think you should join me. 
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:22:23 am »

[/quote]

Which is a good point actually....any clues as to how connected HA Sud is?? 
[/quote]

Anyone know about wireless at LM... must have it by now?
Handy for the early arrivals to send sh1t back to others coming later in the week etc etc.

PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 01:18:56 am »

Just over two weeks before we fly to France, and I find myself with a leg in plaster and on crutches! That will teach me for dropping vintage car parts on my foot, and then walking on it for 2 weeks before getting it checked out!...

What rotten luck, i hope you get it sorted quickly enough so that you can get to LM, but don't push it to much, you don't want to aggrivate any problem.

But hey, at least it happened weeks beforehand and not At LM, getting run-over on MB and spending the rest of the race in hospital/track med centre (as i did 3 years ago!!)

Wooosh!!!!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 02:23:32 pm »

Just over two weeks before we fly to France, and I find myself with a leg in plaster and on crutches! That will teach me for dropping vintage car parts on my foot, and then walking on it for 2 weeks before getting it checked out!

Turns out I have broken my foot in three places, and possible nerve damage. The experts are working frantically to make sure I am walking freely by the 11th, when I have a plane to catch, but it will be a close thing. I only have another 4000km to drive in the 3 weeks after the race, so I think I will be eating painkillers like peppermints.

What a dumb sh*t!!!

Drongo!   Wink

Dx

PS:  How's the weather down there anyway?  Bloody lovely day today up here on the Kapiti Coast.   Grin

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 11:17:59 pm »

It could be worse, you could be the poor unfortunate marshall on the Jim Clark Rally today that got hit by a rally car with no brakes going at 70 mph. He hit wind screen with his head and went over the car and has a badly broken leg (facing the wrong way) . Guessing he won't be walking on it anytime soon ! Shocked
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 05:20:13 am »

What a dumb sh*t!!!

Drongo!   Wink

Dx

PS:  How's the weather down there anyway?  Bloody lovely day today up here on the Kapiti Coast.   Grin

Yep!!! Not mty best move!. Never mind, beer and painkillers will get me through... 

sh*t day here! (Christchurch)!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 09:44:00 am »

Doris, what you doing in Dunedin? Thought you were a Welly girl? Wish I was there in NZ too, weather's rubbish here.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 10:06:57 pm »

Dunedin?  Have you been drinking again?  The Kapiti Coast is about an hours drive north of Welly on the west coast.   Looks like today is going to be another cracker here as long as the weather from Christchurch (or Auckland) doesn't get us. 

Anyway, the weather may be rubbish over there but at least you're winning the cricket!    Sad

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 02:08:55 am »

Dunedin?  Have you been drinking again?  The Kapiti Coast is about an hours drive north of Welly on the west coast.   Looks like today is going to be another cracker here as long as the weather from Christchurch (or Auckland) doesn't get us. 

Anyway, the weather may be rubbish over there but at least you're winning the cricket!    Sad

Dx

Don't mention the cricket!!!

Decent day down here today but f**king cold!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: