Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 06:51:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grumpy Old Men  (Read 61420 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2006, 09:00:10 pm »

Steve, thanks for the confirmation of that good news. As always you and your friends were perfect neighbours, Bob U too.

A bientot.

if the illiterate one wants to have a go, I am very available.

p!ss take?

try again!

orf to watch England now, catch you all later.

Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2006, 09:02:50 pm »

Was that aimed at me ? Grin Good luck.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Darren
CA Veteran

Wannabe Jedi Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2006, 09:23:22 pm »

OK, we were camped next to this lot and I can confirm that the mess was nothing short of a disgrace.  Forget any excuse re Pikeys and such they spent their time sitting amongst utter filth.  This was not a case of leaving behind crap they actually spent their time living with it during the stay.  The only reason it wasn't more apparant was that our gazebo covered the mess.

I want to make it clear that our group were not responsible for the mess left by this group who were middle aged, wealthy individuals and not young ruffians.

We were the group with a Quattro banner and Canal banner.

They were a disgrace, their is no excuse for the mess they sat amongst and ultimately left behind.

Darren

Darren - Team Sharpe
turkish.sps
CA Veteran

Champers Baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2006, 10:04:35 pm »

............thats rich considering two of our guys had to restrain a "French National" from stealing from tents in MB sat night!!!

I only heard about that the following morning. Wish we'd caught that f**cking  pikey.

Rusty

They didnt think the police would be intersted (too busy fund raising from motorist) but promised to mace him before letting him go (Do I believe that???).

............indeed...seems like the only criminals in Le Mans at this time of year are British motorists!!

"You stole my onions!!"

www.selfpreservationsociety.net
Felix
CA Veteran

I'm a fryer!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006, 10:12:01 pm »

Oh dear, I think I may have caused a bit of a mess.  I had a lot of lettuce left over from the doner kebabs and there was all the boxes that the fish and battered sausages were in.

Maybe I should have swept it into a better heap.  I'm sure the locals will sort it out though  Undecided

* Rubbish.jpg (109.34 KB, 600x450 - viewed 350 times.)

Get 'em while they're hot.......they're lurvly
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006, 10:25:47 pm »

Hi Felix, somehow our paths never crossed, was looking forward to some proper British cooking, but never mind.  Might have caught a glimpse of your rig going through Argentan on Monday morning while with the SPS patrol were returning to barracks, was that you Cool
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2006, 10:56:21 pm »

Some thiefing bastards dragged a bag out of the side of my mates tent during the night on Friday night, went through it and nicked his mobile phone and then dropped the clothes by his tent.

My dirty clothes littering the entrance to my tent probably put them off doing the same to my clothes bag ! Grin

Also heard a group in the ACO building reporting that they had grandstand seats stolen from their tent the same evening.
turkish.sps
CA Veteran

Champers Baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2006, 11:02:58 pm »

Might have caught a glimpse of your rig going through Argentan on Monday morning while with the SPS patrol were returning to barracks, was that you

Spider.......did you get home ok? I think your wife was a bit concerned when the SPS bus turned up to meet her and you weren't on it!!!

"You stole my onions!!"

www.selfpreservationsociety.net
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2006, 11:07:49 pm »

Also heard a group in the ACO building reporting that they had grandstand seats stolen from their tent the same evening.

Have you got that right? I thought they were expected to leave the seats in the stands, not take them back to their tent. Perhaps it was the ACO that reclaimed them.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2006, 11:11:54 pm »

The bins in Expo were emptied several times a day including in the middle of the night.  Was rather a surprise at 5am Thursday when the dustcart woke me up!
Simon (WRC GT4)
CA Veteran

the waiting's killing me!!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2006, 11:19:55 pm »

We were in hA also, bins near us were never emptied at all from thursday onwards Angry
And one of the guys next to us lost his tent and contents on sunday before the end of the race, thieving gits Sad
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2006, 11:21:38 pm »

We had a goped nicked early Friday morning.  God alone knows what time,but we were watching videos till gone 3

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
DickieAttwood
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2006, 11:52:16 pm »

I'd like to thank Houx and Houx Annexe for the Fireworks displays, you get an excellent view from Chapelle [it's only advantage] and I also got round the roundabout on Friday evening without getting soaked or crashed into this year.

However I did cringe at what sounded like a nasty crash on Sunday evening form the Houx area.

D.A.

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money. The sh1t has hit the fan.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2006, 11:56:53 pm »

Whilst reviewing the evidence and having met the people we maybe refering to.....

Have we got our wires crossed ??

Bill and Co are not slobs, are respectable people with years of experience at LM ??

Judges rules suggest Darren maybe talking about differnet groups to that of Disgusted with Houx.

Either that or there will be a great bun fight on HA next year. Friday night, 2000hrs.......

Take life by the horns and live it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 12:13:14 am »

Wind up in my humble estimation.

Oh, and the aid of Admin tools.  Grin

Chill people!!  Cool Cool Cool

After we failed to take down our partially filled pool on Monday despite lots of warning from the nice Johnnies from Control and the four goons in the car, they kindly emptied it for us while we were out shopping on Tuesday. Next year I'm hoping they'll erect my tent...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: