Club Arnage
May 31, 2024, 01:30:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another circuit to be destroyed by the evil F1 dwarf  (Read 1923 times)
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 09, 2006, 12:08:15 pm »

With the future of Hockenheim in serious doubt, Germany's other Formula One host has vowed to plough $240m into upgrading its track.

Nurburgring boss Walter Kafitz told the Rheinzeitung newspaper that the revamp - masterminded by renowned F1 architect Hermann Tilke - will be the biggest since 1927.

Among the Nurburgring facelift, to be partly financed by private investors, will be a new main grandstand, a four-star hotel and shops.

Construction approval for the upgrade is already being sought, the German newspaper said.

Quote from F1live.com

They better not touch the Nordschleiffe!!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Fax
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 02:01:23 pm »

If they're upgrading the exisiting F1 circut they might as well bulldoze that and start over because I always thought that was a piece of sh*t.  As generic and souless as they come.  Look it and its hard to tell it apart from Jerez, Magny Cours, Catalunya, Sepang or any one of the cookie cutter modern F1 tracks.
As you said, as long as they don't touch the Nordschleife!
Fax
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:53:06 pm »

I went to the first Grand Prix there in 1984. Well, I went, paid a fortune to watch practice (needed binoculars), had a kip, turned round, headed for home and watched the race on TV.  Angry
What a godforsaken dump. The Nordschleife was such fun, particularly the 1000kms - the Grand Prix was 12 laps when I last saw it there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: