Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 07:20:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Unlucky" Prodrive  (Read 6607 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 04:02:19 pm »

Totally agree - well done Prodrive - a win is only good for the sport and bodes really well for the remaining rounds of '06 ALMS. As stated already, it's only a shame that the rule makers think it better to slow the C6-R down, rather than speed the DBR9 up - never really figured that one out.
The Pepsi 400 didn't disappoint either. I'm aware that many in the forum conider Cup racing to be a bit banal, but, once again, Tony Stewart showed that he's a world class driver (he won the IROC race on the road-course at Daytona on Friday night too). Hero of the night was Boris Said - starting on the pole, with a qually set-up and had said at the beginning that he expected to lose positions 'as fast as an anvil sinks in Lake Lloyd'. Well he toughed it out - and with 5 to go, was back at the front! Steward had reeled him in by the time the last yellow was waved (the race finished under caution, which was a shame). Run fast and clean, 80 degrees under the lights, corp hospitality, as good as ever. 

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 04:54:17 pm »

Hey Matt, glad you had a good time at Daytona, I figured you were there. Watched the race Sat. plopped in front of the TV with a few cold brews.  Big Boris had to be thinking OH sh*t! I'M COOKED! When Tony held back on that final restart to bunch the field up behind him.  Stewart radioed in that Said looked really nervous during the final caution laps.  You saw a helluva lot better show Sat. night than I did Sunday afternoon.
Fax
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: