Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 06:35:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA members Guidebook for LM 2006  (Read 51697 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 01:32:36 pm »

Werner

Have you thought how you might put this together, prob the best way will be in A5 portrait eg. 2 pages to an A4 landscape sheet then produce a pdf. This will enable anyone to read the whole lot and then just print off just the pages they may wish to take with them, or the whole lot.

I do not know if you have done this before but you need a plan, a very cunning plan.

Do you have the facilities to put the artwork together?

As others have said, if I can be of help just drop me a line

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 01:42:44 pm »

How about a CA team members spotters guide, like the entry list but made up of YABB Gods and Full members only. (that will incentives us newer folk to post more)
Photos of them with important statistics like waist measurements and beer mountain designs.
Invaluable I'd say.

Werner, if you're interested in this idea I would be willing to collate the info for you. Let me know.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 01:58:12 pm »

Just looked at the members list and I would suggest that we limit it to Senior Members and YaBB Gods only (that's still 55 people!) or maybe even just YaBB Gods (and other key people like your good self Werner  Grin). Inclusion would of course be optional.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 02:24:38 pm »

Great project Werner, you may have let yourself in for alot of work!

Would a small section on the postion and access for each campsite be helpful?

Also the location of other supermarkets in the area would be handy for me at least ( I hate the queues)

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 02:26:32 pm »

Has anyone seen any statement as to what the length of the new cuircit will be?  I'm creating a table for speeds and lap times for inclusion in the guide and  so I need that information.

I thought I may also try to create a table that can be used to help you guess how many laps the leader wil complete in the 24 Hours.

T.

http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/reglements/ressources/auto_2006/Regl_Particulier_2006_fr_gb.pdf

The ACO sporting regs give it as 13.650km

(the same doc also says the race starts at 4pm so its worth checking the lengh is different from last year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 02:41:28 pm »

Werner

Have you thought how you might put this together, prob the best way will be in A5 portrait eg. 2 pages to an A4 landscape sheet then produce a pdf. This will enable anyone to read the whole lot and then just print off just the pages they may wish to take with them, or the whole lot.

I do not know if you have done this before but you need a plan, a very cunning plan.

Martini...

Werner

Apologies, looking at your website I think you know what you are doing already.

Martini...

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 04:12:01 pm »

How about a CA team members spotters guide, like the entry list but made up of YABB Gods and Full members only. (that will incentives us newer folk to post more)
Photos of them with important statistics like waist measurements and beer mountain designs.
Invaluable I'd say.

Werner, if you're interested in this idea I would be willing to collate the info for you. Let me know.

Yes, that would be wonderful
 Cheers

werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 04:14:31 pm »

Werner

Martini...

Hi Martini,

yes, I've a similar idea. There'll be 2 pdf-versions , a full version (app. 30 pages, depending on contributions) and a "take-from-the-campground-to-the-race-track-version" with just the entry list and the schedule (just a few pages, so it fits in a pocket).

I know this will be some work and I have of course still my daily job to do. I'll handle this project on a "get-as-far-as-I-can" bases. The Guide will probably not be complete by June (may be the 2010 edition will be Grin) but there will definitely already be enough information it it to make it worth printing it and taking it to Le Mans.

Martini, you offered help. As most of us come from the UK, a "how to get there" chapter with a focus on the best routes from the french ferry ports to Le Mans might be handy, 1 or 2 pages should do. What do you think about it? I can't write it because I don't know theses routes, I come from Germany and travel via Paris.
Are you from the UK? Could you try to write such a chapter? Or someone else here from the forum ?

Nice weekend to all

Werner

« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 04:31:51 pm by Werner » Logged

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2006, 04:27:38 pm »

Great project Werner, you may have let yourself in for alot of work!

Would a small section on the postion and access for each campsite be helpful?

Also the location of other supermarkets in the area would be handy for me at least ( I hate the queues)

Nordic, great idea. As far as up-to-date shopping information (supermarkets and other) are concerned, everybody should mail me all the addresses he knows and I will compile this. I know only Carrefour and even there I was rarely, because we bring everything including food & drinks from germany with us

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2006, 04:59:41 pm »

Werner, be very happy to create the UK ports to LM routes, would you be interested in including some interesting back routes as well?

Can do over the next few days, if that meets your schedule?

Peter
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2006, 05:04:59 pm »

I'd be happy to do a final proof read and sanity check and to contribute where ever I can

I'd appreciate an idiot's guide to Carrefour - I take a different route every time!  Grin

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2006, 05:20:06 pm »

Werner, be very happy to create the UK ports to LM routes, would you be interested in including some interesting back routes as well?

Can do over the next few days, if that meets your schedule?

Peter

Great Idea, Peter, also the interesting back routes. No reason for you to hurry, as I plan to publish the final version around 7th or 8th of June, so still more than 2 months time. But the earlier I get it, the better...

Cheers

Werner

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2006, 05:28:12 pm »

I'd be happy to do a final proof read and sanity check...

Great, so this job is assigned now Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

With the Carrefour route description, may be someone going to PQ can investigate...

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2006, 06:08:35 pm »

Werner

Hi Martini,

yes, I've a similar idea. There'll be 2 pdf-versions , a full version (app. 30 pages, depending on contributions) and a "take-from-the-campground-to-the-race-track-version" with just the entry list and the schedule (just a few pages, so it fits in a pocket).

I know this will be some work and I have of course still my daily job to do. I'll handle this project on a "get-as-far-as-I-can" bases. The Guide will probably not be complete by June (may be the 2010 edition will be Grin) but there will definitely already be enough information it it to make it worth printing it and taking it to Le Mans.

Martini, you offered help. As most of us come from the UK, a "how to get there" chapter with a focus on the best routes from the french ferry ports to Le Mans might be handy, 1 or 2 pages should do. What do you think about it? I can't write it because I don't know theses routes, I come from Germany and travel via Paris.
Are you from the UK? Could you try to write such a chapter? Or someone else here from the forum ?

Nice weekend to all

Werner

I think Ferrari-Spider has sorted the routes thing ou. I come from Guernsey and travel to St Malo by boat, there are only a few from Guernsey, and Jersey, that travel over and the route is very simple, so I am not sure it is worth including unless someone knows better.

If you need the CA sticker a/w Paddy_ NL has the final version.

Martini...

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 06:11:15 pm »

I'd appreciate an idiot's guide to Carrefour - I take a different route every time!  Grin

Thats half the fun of Carrefour.

Need any more help?

Little easy to follow map would be nice as I also take a different route each time.

Could something be 'copied' from mapquest or someone?

Martini

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: