Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 09:28:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grumpy Old Men  (Read 62264 times)
Disgusted of Houx

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2006, 12:26:26 pm »

I have been logging on to Club Arnarge for the past 12 months (in fact it was exactly this time last year after seeing your T-shirts at Le Mans) and have always found it to be a most imformative sight run by sports car enthusiasts.

What I saw on Houx Annexe on Sunday night has changed my mind about CA members.

I had passed one particular groups campsite at various times during the weekend but as I passed it after the occupants had left I was appalled at the mess left behind after you had departed.

A collapsed gazebo, empty beer and champagne bottles and general rubbish were left in a pathetic attempt at clearing up.

I am a firm believer in leaving as you find and I'm sure that these people would not want to arrive at the campsite and be confronted by this pile of waste and rubbish.

This sort of behaviour only attracts rats and travelling folk ( whom I beleive you people call "Pikeys") and is a sad reflection of the English abroad.

You know who you are, you in your Club Arnage shirts and your MG sports cars, please be more considerate next year.

Disgusted of Houx Annexe Angry

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 07:11:55 pm by Disgusted of Houx » Logged
20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 12:35:32 pm »

This sort of thing isnt very good and lets the side down...

BUT...

to direct it at one particular group is a little unfair as was a similar picture the place over.
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 12:41:41 pm »

I agree that there was an apauling mess on MB Blue etc. However I would like to point out the faliure of the ACO to provide enough refuge dumps.

There was not a single bin on MB until Wednesday!!, The bin was overflowing for more than a day before any attempt was made to empty it. When we left; all our rubbish was collect put in sacks and placed next to the bin. Our plot was cleaner then when we arrived.

I feel it is unfair to point blame as many people spread their rubbish out when clearing up. Monday Morning most groups had spread out covering more ground as they broke their equipment down.

However I agree if you left rubbish anywhere other then next the bin or IN it, then you should be ashamed of yourself.

You would not like it if it were left like that until next year.!!
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 12:44:53 pm »

I think it is a problem all over the track, as Rick has pointed out there are just not enough bins and/or they are not emptied often enough.

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 12:45:00 pm »

I have to say the parts of MB near us looked pretty smart considerng the nature of the festivities and the amount of booze everybody shipped.  There's always one member of every group who lets the side down but in general I thought CAers were a pretty good bunch.

"We people" do not all call travellers "pikeys" - I for one have never been caught using the expression so don't lump us all into the same category because you've had a bad experience.

When we go back to the circuit in 3 weeks for the Classic, the place will be pristine again so can I just say full marks to the organisers and their helpers for the clearing up work they do and for organising positively the best race on the planet. Cheesy

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 12:47:42 pm »

ACO do not help the situation.
There were bins for rubbish in Bleu Nord when I arrived on Wednesday morning, but the ones near where people were already camping were full.
None of the bins on this site were emptied while we were there, result was huge piles of rubbish next to them, and then people gave up and left the rubbish on the pitchs.
Disgusted of Houx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 12:49:39 pm »

to direct it at one particular group is a little unfair as was a similar picture the place over.
I don't agree that it is unfair, this group of what I can only describe as ruffians should be made an example of as a lesson to all you other bugs.

If I see them acting in such an irresponsible way next year I'm affraid I will have to confront them. I's not as if they were young folk who didn't now any better, they were mature adults and I use the word adult very loosley.

What sort of example is this to set to the younger generation of Le Mans fans.
My God if this sort of behavior continues the place will end up tantermount to a pigsty

Ruffians and vagabonds all of you

Disgusted of Houx Angry

20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 12:51:21 pm »

Is this message a windup or something as the language of "ruffins" etc seems to be a pit to funny and over the top to be true!!

Or are you just of an 'older' generation?

Either way it wasnt good but hey there's no need to jump down everyones throat about it!

Disgusted of Houx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 12:51:51 pm »

When we go back to the circuit in 3 weeks for the Classic, the place will be pristine again
Yes! and just in time for "You people" to mess it up again
rcutler
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 12:53:18 pm »

I would be careful what how you are posting because you are already starting to offend me by constaintly branding everyone on CA as appauling.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 12:55:19 pm »

Our space had not one scrap of rubbish in it when we left and we took all the bottles etc to the recycling station on our way back.  If everybody recycled then the bins wouldn't get so full.  However, let's lobby the ACO for more bins next year if this really is the route of the problem.  Maybe a bottle bank or several on each of the sites?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 12:56:31 pm »

I don't agree that it is unfair, this group of what I can only describe as ruffians should be made an example of as a lesson to all you other bugs.

If I see them acting in such an irresponsible way next year I'm affraid I will have to confront them. I's not as if they were young folk who didn't now any better, they were mature adults and I use the word adult very loosley.

What sort of example is this to set to the younger generation of Le Mans fans.
My God if this sort of behavior continues the place will end up tantermount to a pigsty

Ruffians and vagabonds all of you

Disgusted of Houx Angry

Listen chum, if you want some confronting don't wait till next year, tell me where you live and I'll confront you now. 
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 12:58:51 pm »

However, let's lobby the ACO for more bins next year if this really is the route of the problem.

Plenty of bins on Bleu Nord, but they were never emptied
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 01:08:43 pm »

OK so we'll lobby them to empty them more often.  "Disgusted" might have a point but his way of getting it over is just full of the prejudices he seems to be accusing us of.
Ultimately though, we bring all the stuff in so what's wrong with taking some of our own rubbish home again?  Come on disgusted - the majority of people cleared up properly and didn't whinge about the fact that there was not enough bin space - they left the place as they found it.

20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 01:10:58 pm »

Every so often there needs to be skips for all the rubbish - this would significantly reduce the problem...

the number/ size of the bins for the number of people and amount of rubbish that they in turn generate... was wholly inadequate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: