Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 07:16:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big H's Big Adventure...  (Read 56431 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 05:20:47 pm »

Good to hear from you again H, I think you must have been in the tropical sun for to long though.

Will sort out donation as soon as salary paid.

If you need any kit taking down or bringing back just ask, wouldn't want you slumming it on MB after such an effort.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 05:39:28 pm »

Stirling effort.
I'll double my donation if you do it without a saddle Grin

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 03:27:59 am »

H, you chosen your route ??

Take life by the horns and live it.
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 08:20:37 am »

I have to say, it's a great idea! I immediately thought it might pay to contact www.radiolemans.com to see if they can give you some publicity. I wouldn't be surprised if it is something they would be interested in supporting, particularly if you are able to get a daily update to them once you begin your adventure, culminating in a live broadcast when you arrive! Sure to get the money rolling in.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 06:19:38 pm »

Bloody Hell!
I've gone and done it now, does anyone know any of the Tour de France chemists, I may need their help?
Totally overwhelked (that's spellcheck for you) at this end from all the messages of support and donations, and the odd surgical support as well. Very odd surgical support...
There's some great advice above, and no mistake. In an attempt to follow it all, or at least some of it, I've already prepared a tincture of vinegar, Mazola and uncured araldite, which is going to need to be applied to all affected areas. Gulp!
Training has started, and last night I attempted to pedal some used phonecards outside the local docks, but I admit I didn't get far and was lucky to get home in one piece. I think I'm going to have to look further into this training regime, - someone has mentioned 'strict discipline' and already that has a good ring to it.
Oi Harper! - no need to get the hump because your neighbour did this (below) to your prized possesion. I think it looks nice, now get your 'and in your pocket or the SUV gets it....
H

* please-no.jpg (222.56 KB, 750x502 - viewed 323 times.)

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 07:54:39 pm »

Blimey H, good man, at your age too!!!!! just been thinking, you'll need a proctologist waiting at MB for a full PR........ of course with both hands on your shoulders.  Ive a good supply of used Scrotal supports ( some bloodstained), and pads for the old ringpiece.
Nurofen
CA Veteran

My brain hurts!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 11:09:10 pm »

The cumulative effect of 20 odd years of midsummer madness at LM has taken it's toll on H... I mean, not taking the Jag, that’s sacrilegious.

Sponsorship has been dedicated to your cause old son.

See you on MB.

Nurofen

PS   You're not towing the jag by any chance?Huh

Nurofen

So I went to the dentist. He said "Say Aaah." I said "Why?" He said "My dog's died."
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 11:15:16 pm »

not taking the Jag

It was the classiest thing about MB!!  The neighbourhood is going to the dogs.  Grin

F
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 05:01:28 pm »

Caramba! there's more to this training lark than meets the eye. And the bottom.
I found a local gym last week (yes, with local people!), and amongst piles of what looked like ships ballast, dumbells, crawfish heads and a Gentlemans toilet straight out of Trainspotting, there was an excercise bike. Brilliant I thought, this is where my training starts.
Dressed in my best shorts, and armed with about 4500 songs on my mp3 player I decided to get stuck into some serious pedalling, and cancelled the rest of the days appointments. Well, I was only about half way through ABC's "Shoot that Poison Arrow" when then klaxons started sounding in my engine room. Cranking the lever marked Resistance to it's minimum setting helped,but only delayed things until the start of Smells Like Teen Spirit. Pretty soon I couldn't hear anything above my wheezing. Some really large men were laughing. I may need to return on another day.
I think a personal trainer is probably the best way forward, and I have the young man pictured below in mind, I interviewed him last night and he said all the right things. Quite what they were, I've no idea, but anyone that uses a whistle (loudly) during normal conversation gets my vote every time.
Can you get EPO on e-Bay?
H

* mailboat recipient.jpg (272.58 KB, 750x1120 - viewed 397 times.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:18:49 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 10:10:25 pm »

Gazza said " BIKE!!!!, that's ok as long as he takes the stabilisers off, before the Rouen tunnel"!  Grin

As was suggested befor, all are willing to take your gear down for you. Good peeps!

Right then remember ,,,,,, you need transportation for the Beer Chiller ,, Fridge ,, Ice Maker ,, Generator! How the hell you got that lot in the jag ,,,,, God only knows !!!!
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 08:38:55 pm »

We shall be round the campsites making collections for Big H's cause. No donation means we will take a VERY close look at your forms in the coming years (and years and years.......................).

So please give generously, you know it makes sense!!!

Mines a Gin & Tonic
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 08:40:43 pm »

Done!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 08:42:52 pm »

Done!

Surely you don't pay UK Tax?

Mines a Gin & Tonic
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 09:37:19 am »

Probably just using the payment as down-payment insurance against being misidentified during the rounds of the "boys"....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 10:02:19 am »

H,

As you have seemingly nominated me as Officer Commanding Unguent Wing for this little junket of yours across the briny, I suppose I had better take rather more than a passing, casual interest in this madcap venture, then we can ensure that your posterior is saved for both posterity and for your continued personal use in respect of its usual functions. 

As mentioned elsewhere (on the Marham Track Day thread of all places....) there will be a requirement to recruit an "Application Assistant" and I look to you to undertake the necessary action - if you need any convincing of the requirement, then I merely refer you to the picture conjured by Nathaniel Hawthorne's book, "The Golden Fleece" of  1853 - "So she put a golden box into his hand, and directed him how to apply the perfumed unguent which it contained, and where to meet her at midnight".

You will also note that the website http://www.unguent.net is currently under development, and I have, this very morning, launched a hostile take-over bid to ensure its availability for the team's use during June to provide topical news of the efficacy of the various unguents prepared especially for your use.  In particular, I have in mind Cerate, which I believe will be highly effective, its contituent form being a medicated paste made of lard or oil mixed with wax or resin.  Beef fat, used 20/50, furniture polish and araldite should do nicely.......

MG Mark

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:08:31 am by mgmark » Logged

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: