Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 01:26:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Route after Rouen  (Read 2281 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2006, 01:07:21 pm »

Any of you that went to PQ via Rouen care to enlighten us to how the new motorway is?

Is it accessed anywhere near the old left turn onto the 138?.

Only reason I ask is cos we should be at Rouen about 3:AM and I suppose I will be the only one left awake and it would be handy to know exactly where I am going

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 01:13:01 pm »

I take it that you will be taking the route throgh Rouen past the Cow roundabout.

go as normal on to the A13, stay on the road for about 10 miles as i recall it is sign posted for Le Mans (there is a service area about 8.5 miles) you will then reach the new junction for the A28. There are no fuel station on the road for 128km but i think there is one when you get to Alencon.

It really is as simple as that i had all the maps and routes with me and did not need to look at them.

New road is nice, it goes down to one lane twice, i think there are cameras on one of them, only for a short distance.

Andy

P.S it takes a lot of time out of the journey, we used to do Calais to LM in about 4hrs 45 to 5.00 hrs now down to 3hrs 30 without stopping and cruising at 80mph
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 01:15:14 pm by SmithA » Logged

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 01:29:45 pm »

Thanks Andy. It sounds a lot easier and I can have a lie in on Monday morning.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 01:32:30 pm »

Only reason I ask is cos we should be at Rouen about 3:AM and I suppose I will be the only one left awake and it would be handy to know exactly where I am going

Lordy bob when are you going what time boat and are you driving a traction engine? That is later than me as i am hoping to hit Bleu about 3am with a 9pm speedcabins Xing.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 01:41:36 pm »

10:30 PM Dover - Calais on Thursday driving a Landy Disco with trailer. Thats gonna make it 1pm local when we hit Calais so I'm expecting 11/2 to 2 hours to Rouen

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 01:42:36 pm »

Talking of "New Road", isn't there supposed to be a motorway connection from Alencon to Caen these days?

Don't worry Tubbs, they won't get far...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: