Club Arnage
May 20, 2024, 04:55:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather for The Classic and other Events.  (Read 3045 times)
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 26, 2010, 11:39:10 am »

Hi,

Since I needed to revamp the weather forecast script I thought I'd try and do a propper job of it.

Hopfully the new script will allow you to create your own forecast pages without me having to go in and mod the script each time.

Currently the script only works for Le Mans, Silverstone and Spa Francorchamps I can add other places if you let me know the other citcuits you feel would be of interest.   I would have added Sebring but I can't find the Accuweather page I require.  So for now I'm limited to European places.

The Forecast button will now take you to the menu page  for Weather Forecasts.  You will see I have already added "The Classic" and the "Silverstone 1000k".
Please feel free to add other events. 

To add a new event you simply edit the menu page and add the event to the List and then create the page.  When youcreate the page you will see it is a "Template"  you just need to Edit the date and remove the places you don't want leaving just the Circuit the forecast is for.

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 12:16:40 pm »

Cool.
Thanks Tom Cool
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 01:01:24 pm »

Another thought.

To keep things tidy I thought I would remove Forcasts once they are a week old.    So for example the The Classic weather and link will be removed from the wiki automagicaly on or about the 18th  does that seem reasonable?

There may be some issues with that for Events around New Year but I'll worry about that if it becomes a problem.

t.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:48:01 pm by Lawnmower Man » Logged

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 01:38:39 pm »

Seems very reasonable.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 02:42:00 pm »

I have now added all of the Le Mans Series Circuits and I found the Sebring forecasts too.

So I guess that is the lot for now.

t.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 03:52:34 am »

I have now added all of the Le Mans Series Circuits and I found the Sebring forecasts too.

t.

Hi Tom,
           As some members have made it to Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta it too may be worth adding. Braselton Georgia.

Phil
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 09:22:25 am »

t.

Hi Tom,
           As some members have made it to Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta it too may be worth adding. Braselton Georgia.

Phil

Done!

I suspect that like most computer project this weather forcast page is going to be "Nearly Working" (Or to be more correct Not Working) for some time.  At the moment I'm working on a better way to create the pages and Forcast data.  There are a number if problems such as the very rigid format of the page.

While adding Road Atlanta I found that the time difference means the forecasts for Sebring and Road Atlanta will be a day behind.

I will also need to modify the script to use the newer format of Accuweather site as they could drop the old format I currently use.

t

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: