Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 11:40:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bataan Death March  (Read 7314 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004, 04:27:48 pm »

Also looks like he could do with a new hat a couple of sizes bigger!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2004, 01:45:47 am »

I can't belive you got the nice policeman to take a photo of you in your new leathers. Your new logon should be 'pimp s,p,s'!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
critchetti
CA Veteran

Racing 24 7

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2004, 02:08:50 pm »

Looks like he's something else on his mind other than a cash fine to see you on your way as well!

Racing 24 7
2005 Caterham Roadsports B
No 24
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2004, 09:42:46 am »

Once left Ullapool in the north of scotland at 9.00pm, and drove to Crawley in the south of England (distance of 660 miles) arriving at 12.00 midday the next day.  Not too exacting you might think, and I had a whole 1 hour sleep on the way, but I was driving a lorry!!!

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2004, 02:44:43 pm »

Another long(ish) but not particularly interesting journey:

A few years back while working as a rep. selling manufacturing equipment I was 'volunteered' by my boss to deliver some electronic components to a customer in order to keep their production lines going, and, as they were running a 24 hour operation I had to leave immediately (time approx. 5pm!! and after a day's work).

The trip was from Bracknell in Berkshire to Blyth in Northumberland, returning back to Bordon in Hampshire. A round trip of around 650 miles in a fully laden Peugeot 405 estate. The rub was that I HAD to be back down South for an important meeting with a customer early the following morning, so I couldn't stay in the North and return at my leisure.

All in all I think it took around 11 hours, with only the lorry drivers for company on the motorways on the way back in the early hours.

Purgatory, but I would have certainly recommended the 405 as a a comfortable long distance motor, even fully laden and rather tail heavy.

The customer thought I looked a little 'tired' at the morning meeting, but probably put it down to a heavy night out...

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2004, 07:44:20 pm »

Not a journey of great distance but bloody boring!!

Whilst living in Riyadh I use to escape for the weekend to Bahrain, this would take between 3 - 4 hours and all that you would see from leaving the city outskirts were the odd wreck on the side of the road, a few camels, sand and more sand... what made it worse was the car wasn't limited to top speed but did have a very annoying beep once you went over the speed limit 3 - 4 hours of beeping I was ready for the beer at the other end!!

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
critchetti
CA Veteran

Racing 24 7

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2004, 08:47:03 pm »

That brought back memories, used to do Muscat to Dubai fairly, cannot remember how long the journey took but that constant speed limit reminder was like suffering from tinititus.

Racing 24 7
2005 Caterham Roadsports B
No 24
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2004, 08:55:43 am »

All the commercial vehicles in Singapore had it fitted too, including the taxis. Every single one we went it was "binging" away for the whole journey. Funniest was the vans and lorries. They also had an orange flashing light on their roof that started when they went over the limit. They too were all flashing all the time but totally ingnored by the police!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: