Club Arnage
June 03, 2024, 05:57:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from the Classic  (Read 13043 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 09:42:45 pm »

Fran, hurry up, put me out of my misery!
Steve

Ta daaa!    Grin

Well I got home safely after a bit of an extended trip, returning via the Armada Tall Ships festival at Rouen, so  I managed to get my firework quota after all.

I had a thoroughly fabulous time - completely different to the June extravaganza but none the worse for that.  The beautiful, intriguing and sometimes downright weird classic cars were a pleasure to stroll around and the miniatures in "Little Big Mans" were just too cute for words. 

It was fun meeting up with the various CA'ers and their associated buddies  - surprisingly enjoyable without so much as a drop of booze too (a rather complicated alcohol-free July bet which was mis-timed when I hadnt expected to go to LM!)  It was especially good to finally meet up with Dr Sconefinger and discuss the merits of a pre/post Sainsburys pint at The Friendship and see the infamous Alfa in the flesh - they both lived up to my expectations.  Smiley

I am only sorry that I didnt manage to protect Martini from the midnight booze pikies tho *cough*

Apart from a thorough soaking while I wrestled with my broken tent pole on Thursday evening the weather was better than I had expected too - I have even managed to come home quite sunburnt.

I can honestly say that I did try to do full justice to your ticket Lord Steve, I tramped for miles round the club displays and pedalled to various bits of the circuit to see the cars in daylight and after dark racing, ate crepes and poulet frites.  I am afraid that I had to toast you with Perrier, but its the though that counts!  So I am happy to say that your loss was certainly my gain this time. 

F

Edit:  Forgot to say - I  thought I saw Rusty Bretheren waiting in line in the Village Saturday afternoon and sort of did the double take and staring thing and got stared back at, but I wasnt quite certain enough to go n say hello!  If it was you Rusty, sorry I didnt come and say hello!  Undecided

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:47:12 pm by Fran » Logged
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 10:38:42 pm »

Another excellent Classic.  Our merry band of DIY cars made it there and back in the correct fashion (only Andy's DBR2 Aston suffered slighty - lost the radiator cap - we found a spare cap in a scrap yard in Boulogne).

Thanks to the One Armed Bandit for staying at home, your vacant camping space was very useful for pitching the 2 gazebos  Grin
Thanks to Fran for coupling your gazebo to ours.  We didn't burn it either - it came home as the passenger in the DBR2.

There seemed to be lots of interest in Andy's DBR2, the Aston V8 managed about 16 mpg.

As usual, the Stella Bar was happy to serve us Leffe  Grin (we did, however, get back to MB on the little 'Petit train' though)

Plus, I got serious wood seeing the 917s pounding past the MB fence  Shocked

Great to see everyone.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 10:47:10 pm »

There seemed to be lots of interest in Andy's DBR2, the Aston V8 managed about 16 mpg.

Everytime I walked past the car there were folk taking pictures of it, I've got pics of people taking pics of the car!   It was very popular!

We got back safe and sound, had a fantastic trip as we lucked in by being the first pitches after the Porsche Curves at the back of MB (not "Dutch Corner) so we could sit out drinking cold beer and watching cars through the Porsche Curves - it was fab  Grin

Saw lots of CA'ers, I can vouch that Fran really didn't drink, there was one dodgy moment where an open beer bottle was put into her hand but we managed to prise it out of her fingers in the end Grin

I gather Martini was raided by the Vodka Gnome who stole his vodka and assorted other booze....

Another great event, I really can't recommend it though, you'd all hate it, please don't go...

Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 10:50:08 pm »

Piglet, thanks for the loan of the Chilli Flakes, it perked up Friday's dinner no end.

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 10:59:22 pm »

it came home as the passenger in the DBR2

Its not every day you can say you are jealous of a gazebo!!  Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 11:09:37 pm »

Piglet, thanks for the loan of the Chilli Flakes, it perked up Friday's dinner no end.

No probs Steve, I nearly got over to see you but struggled to get out of my chair an away from the beer fridge  Grin
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 11:10:39 pm »

No probs Steve, I nearly got over to see you but struggled to get out of my chair an away from the beer fridge  Grin

Frightened I was going to sneak in on a secret raid?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 11:10:53 pm »

Straight out of the camera (and resized) here's Andy's DBR2, in MB and in the Speedferries queue on Monday evening.

I'll post more photos at the weekend.

* DSC_0332 copy.jpg (362.74 KB, 750x502 - viewed 372 times.)

* DSC_0471 copy.jpg (406.33 KB, 750x502 - viewed 360 times.)

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 11:17:46 pm »

Straight out of the camera (and resized) here's Andy's DBR2, in MB and in the Speedferries queue on Monday evening.

Lol - he looked a damn sight grumpier arriving on MB on Thursday evening!!  Cheesy
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 11:20:33 pm »

Yes, he was just a bit moist  Grin

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 11:31:45 pm »

Yes, he was just a bit moist  Grin

Me too! 

Hmm - I see Finbar is alive and well and back from his hols .....  Roll Eyes
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 11:48:04 pm »

At speed on the MB circuit (where did all the tents go?)

* Copy of DSC_0335 cleaned up copy.jpg (402.36 KB, 850x569 - viewed 302 times.)

Boo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 02:42:18 am »

I really can't recommend it though, you'd all hate it, please don't go...

Grin

Quite right!  Smiley  You wouldn't enjoy it at all  Grin

It was a good event but I thought the atmosphere was different to 2 years ago - I'm not sure exactly what element was missing/changed but there was certainly something.

I didn't feel that the paddock area was as well laid out.  2 years ago you couldn't drag me out of the paddocks and club areas but this time after I had battled through the crowds for long enough to get my Barrel Bentley fix and let Simonwhohasalife drool over some Lola T70s then I lost the will to live and had to have a couple of beers up in the village before returning to the campsite (for a few more beers).  If fact looking back at the event then our campsite being right by the track did lead to a lot of spectating whilst guarding the beer cooler (we had heard about the Vodka Gnome so were worried about Leffe Pixies and Stella Goblins).
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 09:26:26 am »

Was one of the curbs in the back of MB still painted orange? Grin

Sounds like fun, I'll be there in 2010, I am giving the LM 24 in June a pass next year and the year after probably!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 10:46:23 am »

Was one of the curbs in the back of MB still painted orange? Grin

Sounds like fun, I'll be there in 2010, I am giving the LM 24 in June a pass next year and the year after probably!

Well I was camped in Dutch Corner and I didn't see any orange on the curbs.  Mind you there is the pastis haze to consider.  Many thanks to Martini for sharing.  Grin

Piglet and Keith - the early morning coffee was much appreciated by my brother as is the press pack you gave him.  He was most impressed that it contained a history of LM the town and not just race info.

Wooly it was great bumping into you and Mrs Wooly down at Arnage.  We tried to find Rusty and co but failed in our attempt.  Having given up on finding them we headed out to Mulsanne and were never seen again. 

Great to meet Dr S and his famous Alfa.

All in all a great weekend. 

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: