Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 04:08:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Expo  (Read 2461 times)
PoolePhil

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2007, 03:30:53 pm »

Does anyone know if the Expo campsite has electric. Think I already know the answer but don't know anyone thats (been lumbered) camped there before. Huh
Thanks
Phil
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 05:26:55 pm »

I don't think there is any official hook-ups on Expo, at least I didn't see any the one time I stayed there a few years back.

However, several enterprising (and presumably knowledgable) people seemed to hack into a supply - there were so many cables coming out of this unofficial connection it looked positively dangerous.

Apart from the concrete ground, I quite liked Expo - very close to the main circuit entrance, and with a bar right outside the site entrance.  Also very useful in the odd wet years if you can bag a space under the cattle sheds.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:26:11 am »

"However, several enterprising (and presumably knowledgable) people seemed to hack into a supply - there were so many cables coming out of this unofficial connection it looked positively dangerous".

Yep, they look dangerous in places, but it helps when you have two experienced electrical engineers in the group. We also have a shovel just in case we need to dig to tap into the service supply.

Where we are, there is an outlet pillar which we tap into but it is unofficial whichever everway you look at it.

We also camp on grass although the ground ain't brilliant and we have shade from the trees.

When I find out how to post a photo I've got a good aerial photo of where we camp.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:36:36 am by jjkt15 » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: