Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 05:26:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Roll Call.  (Read 71762 times)
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »

Come on give the guy a break.

OK so Beausejour isn't the most convenient of all the campsites but based on reports from a colleague of mine who stayed there last year and from what I could see when I walked past there were some really good facilities.

Anyway Le Mans is about much more than just the campsite you stay in - if you chose to camp at all.

David, don't worry.  You are going to be there. At Le Mans. For the 24 hour race.  That is what matters and you are going to have a fantastic time.

Maybe next year you can try a different campsite...

ENJOY YOURSELF!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:58:32 pm by oldtimer » Logged
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2013, 01:45:38 pm »

Others can tell you the merits of BEAUSEJOUR but I can tell you with out a car or bicycle it is a loooong way from everything except the Porsche Curves.
Canada Phil

This!

Camping a Beausejour without a car will probably ruin your trip. It's a minimum of a 45 min walk to the circuit. And there's a lot of walking to be done once you get trackside...

We camped down that way last year and confirm that it's a hell of a long walk along what becomes a very busy road.

Not pleasant.

Back to Bleu Nord for us this year

Crouch..........bind..........set
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2013, 02:47:19 pm »

Others can tell you the merits of BEAUSEJOUR but I can tell you with out a car or bicycle it is a loooong way from everything except the Porsche Curves.
Canada Phil

This!

Camping a Beausejour without a car will probably ruin your trip. It's a minimum of a 45 min walk to the circuit. And there's a lot of walking to be done once you get trackside...

I can't help thinking that perhaps that's bit strong AZ surely? I mean it is a bit of stroll that is for sure but there is plenty to see and do on the way - i really don't think for a moment that it will ruin your trip. So have a great time David - I am sure you will.
davidadams2006

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2013, 08:37:42 pm »

Canada Phil

This!

I know I know nothing when it comes to being there and I only know what I've read from the experts here and what I've seen in endless hours of watching the race at home but I assure where I camp will certainly not ruin my trip at all, thank you for the heads up about the distance to anything, I'll leave abit earlier than everyone else then. Thank you everybody that's said positive things, looking forward to hopefully putting some faces to names in the beer tent at some point.

A Motorsport fan will never let anything beat him, it rains you get wet, sun shines you get burnt, if its a distance, you set off earier to get there, your fav driver/rider gets beat, you proudly cheer on the second place driver/rider
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2013, 09:54:20 pm »

I like that attitude!  Smiley
See you in La Sarthe.
davidadams2006

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2013, 12:57:09 am »

See you in La Sarthe.

look forward to it Smiley
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2013, 09:01:49 am »

See you in La Sarthe.

what Barry said !!  Grin
Maximum

Mad Max DFH

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2013, 03:40:47 pm »

My wife always wonders wy i am away for 168 hrs to watch a 24 hrs race.

Live life to the Max
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2013, 04:38:49 pm »

wonders or is glad ?  Wink

mines just glad to get rid of me  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2013, 06:50:28 pm »

hi david beausjour is spot on for the inside of the porsche curves.a great place not to busy with good beer n pie van.you dont need to walk  just get trains and buses around the circuit.have a wicked time.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
davidadams2006

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2013, 07:34:43 pm »

Lol, mine too. 60 cars going round in a circle (that is anything but a circle if you ask the 500k people there) for 24 hours is so boring, but shopping and fighting in car parks is a perfect day.
I'll never understand it  and I'll always be wrong when I try to explain.
davidadams2006

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2013, 07:41:29 pm »

hi david beausjour is spot on for the inside of the porsche curves.a great place not to busy with good beer n pie van.you dont need to walk  just get trains and buses around the circuit.have a wicked time.

Thanks lofty. I'll watch the night time practice and quilifying at the porshe curves to avoid walking on the road in the dark afterwards and as you say there is shuttle busses I can use also. When I leave my tent on sat morning I'll not be returning to sun evening so there will be no problem, I'm excited to be apart of the 2013 Le Mans and my first time won't be put off by a little walking, i run marathons - a little walking isn't going to kill me, hopefully will get a few beeps when some CA members pass me during the week, just remember my tired feet when you see me in the beer tent Wink
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:43:28 pm by davidadams2006 » Logged
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2013, 01:35:40 am »

Hi David, if you are staying at Beausjour just head straight ahead up the road when you come out of the camp site entrance (rounderbout?) and that will take you passed what used (maybe still is?) the Karting circuit and Karting North campsite and the inside of the circuit to the Village. If you head for the the rear of the Grandstands (Tribunes), this is before you get to the village, there is a set of metal stairs that take you to the Grandstand above the Pits, it is (was?) free access for Night practice (and Day I think) and is a great place to watch the night Pits action. The road is well lit and not a problem in the Dark, you will be with many beausjour residents on the return. When getting about further a field you can also get your thumb out and hitch a lift, we have got lifts to and from Arnage on Friday night in the past (the ride on the back of a recovery truck flat bed hanging on to the light bar was abit hairy though!). Overall you will find LM the friendliest race / place you could be at, you'll have a ball.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2013, 01:56:37 am »

I'll be there on BN where ever team languistine decide to put me probably not far from the brethren.
The Eurotunnel ticket has been booked for months. arriving late Thursday (in the Frogey as usual).

As long as les flics dont mind me pottering about on a stick or two (ziss homme looks decidedly dodgy) I will be mostly pottering around BN avec Le garyfrogeye

Knew Knee should be serviced and running by the end of March (op in February)

Here I comes mind the stick!

Bugge RRR

I have had to give up on the Knee op this month so it's by no means certain I will be up to walking around by June... We'll see Sad

I am still hoping to make it, might have to look for a Chauffeuer...

Life likes to kick you in the harsse dunnit

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2013, 12:15:50 pm »

BJ might be miles from anything but we all remember our first time don't we? How good was that?
Camping in an old septic tank at the bottom of a lake, eating cold gravel off t'road wouldn't have ruined that first Le Mans experience for me. You lucky bugger. Wish it were my first time again. Enjoy!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: