Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 12:10:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Classic II dates confirmed  (Read 10892 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2003, 01:45:06 am »

It ,looks wicked, not what I was expecting. But only it has a simca engine which is related to the commer so will be weak. No wonder there is clutch slip as the scrankshaft oil seal will blow just like the rest of them.I am quite drunk.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 04:08:23 pm »

Drunk again? Disgusting behaviour!! In fact, I've had so much recently, the old gout has come back in the left knee!!!!

Referring to our convos about lost causes in times past, got another one to champion now (see avitar image to left!!). Pick it up tomorrow night, just a bodyshell, nothing else!!!!! Can't see it being ready for Lemons 2004 though.

Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 05:10:50 pm »

To quote Alec Guinness from Bridge over the River Kwai, "Madness. Absolute madness".

They were not actually made by Bond, but by Reliant on a cut down Regal chassis. Tho one wonders which bit they cut down! When I was at school in the seventies, the mum of the two biggest, hardest kids in the school had a bright purple Bug. They had the pissed ripped out of them relentlessly at 4.00 every night.

I can only imagine you have been locked in a 3 foot high  tin shed for a week Rick.

That or did Victor Ubugo sell it to you the other week when you were "over refreshed" after a day at Twickers?

Madness. Absolute madness.

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 05:27:27 pm »

Well I have to admit a certain life long fondness for the damn things - I blame Corgi and Airfix fixations of years past. Have you ever seen a shot of the bare chassis? Looks like something we all made in metalwork class!

Victor was not guilty, honest! But it is virtually free (8 cans of Caffreys and a bottle of vodka is the price!!!!!!!), local and..... the best bit .. I have a cunning plan or two!!! All will be revealed (in about 10 years probably!), but it involves taking moulds.

Right now, a 3 foot tin shed has a great appeal as I await the result of an Inland Revenue investigation (bless 'em), might be emigrating to Le Mans! My five foot tin shed (the 806) is about to cost me a fortune in servicing and aircon fix, give me a Commer anyday!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2003, 05:47:35 pm »

Revenue investigation? Sounds bad news to me, do they still have Debtors prisons? Don't let it get you down tho. If you pass scrutiny, they'll likely leave you alone for at least six years, so then you can do what you want!!

Hideous thought. I think we should graft the front of the Bug onto the Commer (or Mobile Business Display Unit, as it is known to the Revenue). It would look like a big, fat Duck-billed Platypus.

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2003, 05:52:36 pm »

Well with an orange beak and large green body, it would look like some large low flying mallard! Maybe the 2004 ACO poster could feature this!

Talking of bugs, are your worms now banished from the infernal machine?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2003, 05:57:11 pm »

Can't wait to see how we can vandalise next years' poster. And the one for pre qual. And the Classic.

Yes, worms all gone from my computer. A dose of Bob Martins Powders did the trick. Its breath is much fresher too.

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 06:01:04 pm »

Inland Revenue? Oo-err!

Investigation? Eeeek!!

The very best of luck Rickmeoldchina. I've had those shiny suited jobsworths round here in the past (c/w stringy moustache and leaking roll ups). It was during the winter so I made sure the heating was off and the window to his room was 'stuck' open. It must have been only 1 or 2 C in there. He made short work of the books, nevertheless it was not a pleasant experience. An aggressive accountant (with a nailbar) might also help things along. Anyway, since the floods of 2001, I believe Sussex is now considered off-shore and maybe a tax haven. AZ is probably lounging on the foredeck in the marina sucking on a Sobrani as we speak.
Good luck!
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2003, 06:12:13 pm »

Anyway, since the floods of 2001, I believe Sussex is now considered off-shore and maybe a tax haven. AZ is probably lounging on the foredeck in the marina sucking on a Sobrani as we speak.
Good luck!
H

No such luck. It is now so dry down here we have been redesignated officially as a desert by the Royal Geographical Society. Wilfred Thesiger is currently doing a book on the nomadic tribes of Hastings and Newhaven.

And just who is Sobrani? She sounds very nice.

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2003, 12:48:50 pm »

Thanks for all your concerns and best wishes with our beloved friends from Revenueland. Have indeed employed the use of my accountant as the front line "cannon fodder" - however I fear they will just get round a table and work out who can fleece me for the most money. Oh well, you can't take it with you can you?

If they do decide to descend upon us in person, I will place a special order with Carrefour in Le Mans for some of their "best" pizzas. If left for several hours in the baking sun on MG Maestro roof with lid open (for insectual access) and then consumed and washed down with warm citrus flavoured Yop, I can guarantee that within 3 hours fizzing mushrooms appear in a bowl in your tent. I shall offer him some of said prepared food for lunch (not that I want him camping in my garden of course). Worked for me back in 2001!

Lips Sealed
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2003, 12:57:00 pm »

Rick,

Poisonning is still a crime you know. Reminds me of Basil Fawlty and the kipper...

And my apologies if Mrs Thesiger is reading.  Apparently Wilfred died at the weekend! A great man. I read it in the paper last night. Bad luck. I expect he was asleep. You're off your guard, you see.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: