Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 02:53:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: turning off my airbag  (Read 4187 times)
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2008, 01:21:48 pm »

I have an old nail last shape prelude, and would like to get the kid in it every now and then but to get her in the front seat i need to de activate the front airbag. Now would anyone know if i just pulled the SRS (airbag) fuse from the fuse box would this turn them off?

Cheers all.

Dave

nickliv
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 03:06:08 pm »

Only 100% certain way of checking is to remove the fuse, and drive directly into a wall at 30 mph. Roll Eyes

removing the fuse ought to do the trick, but be prepared to have the dash light up like a christmas tree. And check that it's just the bags that you've disabled.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 04:19:42 pm »

Dave, I've been married to my airbag for 30 years and still havn't managed to turn it off Roll Eyes

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 04:26:40 pm »

Also check with your local Honda dealership........

I was going to turnoff the passenger front airbag in my last bmer due to the children issues but the dealer wanted a signed statement that if it was turned off they BMW would not be responsible for any injuries etc  Roll Eyes

vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 11:30:17 pm »

Dave, I've been married to my airbag for 30 years and still havn't managed to turn it off Roll Eyes

Are you saying that after 30 years you still turn her on?  Cool

vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 11:33:16 pm »

Also check with your local Honda dealership........

I was going to turnoff the passenger front airbag in my last bmer due to the children issues but the dealer wanted a signed statement that if it was turned off they BMW would not be responsible for any injuries etc  Roll Eyes

Blairs bloody britain again, of course its not the manufacturers fault if i drive into a wall not wearing a seatbelt, drunk with no airbags!! I had a new Mini and i had a switch where i could turn the bag off on the passenger side and it was my decision to spec that and then use it....... Roll Eyes

I reckon pulling the fuse will do it, and if the dash lights up so be it, its only one little light.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: