Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 11:42:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reserving a pitch  (Read 9328 times)
Ward Goodie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2003, 11:12:55 pm »

The firm I work for wants to take 25 people to the great race next year. We'll be camping and want to stay close together. The problem is that we won't get there until Friday by which time we won't get a big enough space for 6-8 tents, 2 minibuses and a couple of cars. Could someone tell me if it's possible to reserve a pitch like the car clubs do, albeit on a smaller scale, and if so how? If not - any other ideas?  Huh
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 11:45:05 pm »

Give the ACO a ring , they can speak english . Drop who the company are etc and ask to book for those many tents . They will probably reserve you a place , although you maybe limited to Beausejour .

Another CA member may try and reserve the space for you when they arrive, as most seem to arrive really early .

Otherwise try gettting places from a tour operator , or club , like Merc Benz UK ( owners magazine ) . I have never used a tour firm , others may have details and i am sure they will post a reply . If you get really stuck try Gilles a member who lives in Le Mans , he may know of something else.

Take life by the horns and live it.
IanB
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 11:08:28 am »

Speak to Felix , He is good at organising reserved pitches on MB
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 03:46:55 pm »

Give the ACO a ring , they can speak english . Drop who the company are etc and ask to book for those many tents . They will probably reserve you a place , although you maybe limited to Beausejour .

Another CA member may try and reserve the space for you when they arrive, as most seem to arrive really early .

Otherwise try gettting places from a tour operator , or club , like Merc Benz UK ( owners magazine ) . I have never used a tour firm , others may have details and i am sure they will post a reply . If you get really stuck try Gilles a member who lives in Le Mans , he may know of something else.

If you obtain 5/6 Maison Blanche pitches, it could be possible for me to reserve your pitch. I've enough pittbulls at home to protect your pitch and my integrity...

... and it's real that Felix is quite good to reserve pitches. Did your company produce fish and/or chips ?

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 01:45:51 pm »

The firm I work for wants to take 25 people to the great race next year. We'll be camping and want to stay close together. The problem is that we won't get there until Friday by which time we won't get a big enough space for 6-8 tents, 2 minibuses and a couple of cars. Could someone tell me if it's possible to reserve a pitch like the car clubs do, albeit on a smaller scale, and if so how? If not - any other ideas?  Huh
This year, there was quite a bit space left on Houx annexe. Your best bet is to send 2 people in a car as an advance party. They will cordon of your requirements and buy welcoming beers and food etc.
saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 05:31:14 pm »

It's all well and good sending an advance party to cordon of an area, we're all guilty of that to some extent, but, to have half an acre for  one car until later in the week.(you know what I mean) does take the p*ss.  
I genuinely feel sorry that people coming down on a Wednesday are struggling to find pitches.   and actually go and stay in hotels for the week, demeans the race and experience for them.

Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 05:48:23 pm »

It's all well and good sending an advance party to cordon of an area, we're all guilty of that to some extent, but, to have half an acre for  one car until later in the week.(you know what I mean) does take the p*ss.  
I genuinely feel sorry that people coming down on a Wednesday are struggling to find pitches.   and actually go and stay in hotels for the week, demeans the race and experience for them.

Bags of room on Houx Annexe this year. Although there would have been more if I hadn't roped of the runway for jp and his mates.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 07:48:21 pm »

On Beaausejour , some Dannish group sponsored by some car firm had a huge area , which when i arrived , i pitched up , un loaded the van , started pitching the tents , until some very lovely ( and well spoken ) English speaking french lady ( dont swear at them , they know what you mean) asks me to leave as the area is reserved . What am i a mind reader .  Shocked

But... going back to it.... On the site the marshalls were MEASURING the pitches for us , so that we only had 14 sq foot per camp ticket, which is a problem if your other members are 2 days away ??    Embarrassed

Take life by the horns and live it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 01:38:58 pm »

It's a shame that Les didn't land the plane in HA and flew into the airfield. Still at least we had the football pitch!!

Did you ever find out what happened to the TR owners club Stu??
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 02:40:00 pm »

They piched furthur along in the next section with some other TR people. Still it gave us plenty room. Was still loads of places left though.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2003, 01:20:47 am »

Absolutely!!!  I don't think I've ever seen a Le Mans camp site with so much space, especially after all the problems with ticket allocation (oooooops, forgot I'm not allowed to mention camping tickets!!!!  Grin)
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2003, 10:22:50 pm »

In my experience.The only way to reserve a good pitch is to arrive as early as possible....(by Thursday morning at the latest!!!!).....That way you are guaranteed to claim as much space as you want......that is until the ACO start numbering all the pitches and specify one tent per pitch like on Houx and then....... in the future we will all have to be VIP's to get a pitch anyway Grin Grin Grin

Wishy
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2003, 09:58:48 pm »

Gilles

Out of interest did you spot us on MB last year? We seemed to be very lucky and get the perfect spot for our motorhome ( we sent it down 2 days ahead of the main party). When do you get down there? I was thinking of Mon am this year!

I would not fancy arriving later than Thu am on any Le Mans site if I wanted more than a couple of tents together...the number thing on Houx is a frightening development - let's hope MB remains untouched by this development...

Best Regards

Toad, Beermountain.com
(the people with the beerfountain in their pool!)
http://www.beermountain.com

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2003, 09:25:41 am »

Last year I went to MB on Monday PM to welcome Liverpool Boys and Smokie with a bit of champagne and it has been a few good spot left...

... if one of your team may arrive on monday he'll be able to reserve your whole field, especially if you come with a fish and chips van  Wink

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: