Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 07:23:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orlando  (Read 12460 times)
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 05:12:50 pm »

Everyone so far has been spot on with the info.
I do recomend the air boat rides and the gator farm.
I would certainly like to hook up with you while you are here.
I will be there on business Dec. 6th thru 8th.

Randy  Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 07:41:24 pm »

Joking aside, there's an absolute ton of stuff to see and do, that is unconnected to Disney or Universal.

St. Augustine is a very interesting and relaxing day out (located between Jax and Daytona on the Atlantic coast). The mediterranian architecture coupled with spanish moss festooned FL Live Oaks make it atmospheric and 'old America'. I love the place.

Wekiva Springs State Park is also great (as is Silver Springs, near Ocala) - and the air-boat experience is a lot of fun - and quite interesting if you like wildlife up-close.

Gatorland had a big fire recently - not sure if they are fully operational again yet. Personally, I find the place a bit offensive (not that I'm a lentil munching tree-hugger or anything), it's grubby, exploitative of the animals and a bit hi'billy, if the truth be told.

Saturday night cruise in Old Town, Kissimmee is OK to see once. The 800 cars claim is a bit of a stretch, but there's a fair old collection of rods, muscle-cars and historics - I say OK to see once because the same folks show-up week in, week out.

Depending on how fat in't wallet you are, you might like the Warbird flight experience in Kissimmee. You get to 'front-seat' a T6-Texan - but I think it's in region of $300 a throw (up).

As MGMark states, Daytona Beach has a real automotive history (The LSR attempts were actually run at Smyrna Beach) - but there is not a lot to see/do on the sands at that time of year. Depending on the beach erosion situation, you may not even be able to drive on the beach, as per normal. There is some good related stuff at the Daytona USA exhibit at the Speedway though - worth a visit, without doubt.

Take Randy up on his offer - the gulf coast is great and there are some great attractions on that side of the state. The Florida Aquarium in Tampa is really good and Ybor City (northern historic district) is like Bourbon St, New Orleans at the weekend. Check-out/Google The Sea Screamer at Clearwater - and there's lots to see and do at St. Pete.

You are not going to be short of things to do, Andy.   

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 12:19:19 am »

Daytona Int. Speedway - Definately worth a look, although I think you'd be hard pushed to spend the entire day there - they have some fun simulators, and a great tour - especially when there's testing on track.

Don Garlitts museum - I'm not sure how into drag racing you are, but I really enjoy it, and found this place truly awesome.  It's packed to the rafters of cars "through the ages" of Drag racing, which is pretty impressive given that they were mostly driven by the same person.....We have some old Cine films of the cars in action that my dad took when he was my age, so for me it was really cool to see the cars in the flesh.

Busch Gardens is fun if you are of a stronger stomach - the rides get pretty hairy there.

There is also the ORLANDO SPEED (?) drag strip - they run a "run what ya brung" type event up there, with a difference.....No chavved up Novas, no rude boy stereos, these guys are serious racers, driving serious bits of kit....we had a really good evening there, despite the 4pm shower which we thought would blow it out.....
well worth it for the evening racing....

Blimey you've bought back all sorts of memories!!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 12:49:47 am »

Do what I did 10 yrs ago, get onto NASA website and see if any launches are programmed.

We saw a Mariner rocket lift-off.  AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 09:08:45 am »

Hmmm,

Spoilt for choice............Looks like we should have booked three weeks holiday rather than 10 days......seems that there is far more to do than I anticipated.

I guess it is time to start setting our itinery for the invasion of Orlando in 3 months then!!!

Having discuused Matt's options yesterday,the concencus of opinion is that we will take up the offer of the air boat ride and i'll come and watch the football match and have the odd beer or three.

We now have all the theme parks covered that we want to go to......dispensed with Kennedy space centre,added Kissimee cruise,air boat ride,football match .........and of course err'indoors has insisted that she wants to do a little r & r at the shopping malls.

All the automotive stuff apart from the cruise may have to wait until I make a return to the"S" word in 2009.

It would be great to pop over to the west coast to meet up with Randy ,but I'm not sure wether we will have enough time.

Wishy
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 10:40:32 am »

You could always got to the Bible land theme park, or something like that, if that tickles your fancy. Just saw a bit about it on some travel programm, very good to laugh at the american christian culture Grin

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 05:06:58 pm »

You could always got to the Bible land theme park, or something like that, if that tickles your fancy. Just saw a bit about it on some travel programm, very good to laugh at the american christian culture Grin

Ah yes - The Holy Land Experience - I used to work next door at The Evil Satanic Bastard Experience, but that's a story for another time!
It was all very relaxing to spend the coffee break out in the parking-lot, evesdoropping on the re-enactment of the stoning of the infidels - or even better, experience the etherial music wafting through the neighborhood as a suspiciously Charles Mansonesque "Christ" was resurected and sent in a heavenly vector. All very tastefully done.

Wishy, don't get your knickers in a knot just yet, but you could get lucky if the scheduled Shuttle mission STS-122 launch gets nixed for any reason (as they very commonly do). Atlantis is slated to go on December 6th - but if they have any technical or weather delays, you could be treated to one of the greatest spectacles to be seen anywhere. Keep an eye on NASA's website, just in case.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 05:46:08 pm »

Wishy,the west coast of Florida has some of the most beautiful in all of the world.It is also 2.5 hrs through some of most conjested traffic in all of Florida.Beautiful or not they are still just beaches.For beaches and some history as well I recomend St.Augustine.
My thoughts were I would come that way,hook up with you and Matt for some beers.

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 07:03:40 pm »

Randy,

We will be touching down in Orlando late on the 12th and returning on the 22nd.........just in time for Santa to deliver our presents we hopefully will buy in Florida Grin

Matt has invited me to watch one of the playoffs which I assume is for the Rosebowl Tropy?.......perhaps we can meet up then!!

Wishy
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 09:48:09 pm »

Wishy

You could always go to church on Sunday in Florida, I'm sure I have seen DRIVE IN Church over there.

I would go, but I'm sure if I got anywhere near, I would get struck by lightening, last time I went to church a tree blew over next to the church, which was close enough!

If you're going through hell, keep going.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 11:52:34 pm »

Neil,

The only church I go to on a Sunday is one that serves BEER!!!!!

Are you sure that the tree that fell over was not pushed over by your cherry picker......... Grin
shaunv156

Coskickabowaganawowtillthebostit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 08:20:34 pm »

I Agree with the others, there is sooooo much to see and do. As for Kennedy the saturn rocket takes your breath away with the sheer size and if you can see a launch its something you will always remember, we saw John Glenn on the STS 95 launch a trully awsome sight. We are off there again in April 08 cant wait.

There is no such thing in life as Normal
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 09:56:04 am »

We saw a space shuttle launch some years ago (Columbia) and it was immense, it's well worth a look if there is an opportunity.  Although my sister's kids found all the hanging around waiting for it pretty tedious (they were 12 and 9) and were much more interested in a dolphin we found in some water!! 

St Petes & Clearwater are beautiful, we managed to get a few days over there (having decided we didn't really like (and couldn't afford!) the Keys), we had three weeks in total though and spent two weeks around Disney et al and then did the final week travelling.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 12:46:42 pm »

Try "Crabby Bill's Seafood Shack" in St Petes (if it is still there) great food and a wonderful atmosphere.

* crabs.jpg (24.75 KB, 400x300 - viewed 208 times.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 06:24:13 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 02:45:35 pm »

Try "Crabby Bill's Seafood Shack" in St Petes (if it is still there) great food and a wonderful atmosphere.
Still there.
Still good.

Bob how have you been?

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: