Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 03:58:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "CA Guide to the 24h of Le Mans 2009" project  (Read 18402 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:45:27 pm »

The camping gear is stored away, the liver has recovered, the 76th edition of the big race is history and so is the CA Guide 2008. I didn't have time yet to analyze the logs but it looks like the no. of downloads was about the same as in 2007. Walking around at Le Mans I saw quite a few people who actually used our guide - so it seems worth to do it.

Time to think about next years edition and as usual I've set up a new project page for this at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide . I'm sure we will have as many contributions as for the last 3 editions and I'm glad to be able to do this project together with you all - lots of work but also lots of fun, nice mail exchanges, contacts with people I otherwise would never have contact with, it's really a pleasure to work together with all of you.

To those who volunteered to become campsite reporters, please write down your findings as long as your memory is still fresh and mail it together with the pictures to me.

Please use this thread for anything related to the guide, all feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Werner
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:51:15 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 05:12:17 pm »

Hi Werner,

Well done on a top job on this years guide, it was fantastic.

While you lot were at Le mans this year I had an email from a driver who drove at Le Mans in the mid 80's.

I suggested he may like to write a piece for the next guide and seemed very keen. While not a top notch driver, more of a rent a driver from the states, I am sure it could make and interesting piece along the same lines of the Mark Galvin one this year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:52:00 pm »

Hi Rupert,

perfect. These reports from the other side of the fence are an important part of the guide and make it much more interesting to read. 2007 we had the Stefan Johansson report, for 2008 Peter organized the Mark Galvin report and I hope you can convince him to write for us for next year, so together with the Galvin report part II we would have 2 inside stories then.

Cheers

Werner
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:06:47 pm by Werner » Logged

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 04:29:45 pm »

Hi Werner

Thinking ahead to the guide for 2010 (how organised am I?Huh?), I'm sure I could persuade Gunnar Jeannette to write something. 2000 was his debut (so it will be the 10th anniversary of that) and that year he finished the race in the dotty Porsche and made history as the youngest ever finisher of the event at just over 18 years old. I was there as team photographer and the weekend was incredible for us when the ailing car went out for those agonising last two laps to make sure we made the minimum number of laps to be classified after an earlier engine problem cost us several hours!

Attached shot is Gunnar celebrating on the pit wall as Michael Lauer brought the car across the line  Grin

[modified to add the shot of the car in the pitlane at night - Gunnar at the wheel]

* gunnar_LM2000.jpg (19.64 KB, 600x450 - viewed 794 times.)

* gunnar_LM2000_pits.jpg (58.92 KB, 600x450 - viewed 844 times.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:49:53 pm by Mr. Rick » Logged
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 09:19:01 pm »

Hi Rick,

that would be great -  but he doesn't need to wait until 2010 to write something for the CA Guide  Smiley

Cheers

Werner

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 01:48:23 pm »

Okeydokey, will have a word and see what we can do  Grin

Cheers

Rick
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 12:18:27 am »

Cheers

Rick

If you haven't spoken to him before March I'll have a word with him when he calls by Turn 10 at Sebring!!  Grin
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 01:47:45 pm »

Hey Werner

have had a couple of thoughts about the guide

1) Would be nice if someone could add a section linking up the whole Le Mans series - petit, Silverstone, Spa, bikes, veteran etc.
2) Need a bit of editing of "what to take" - in 2008 version there was a big section on pg 70 with a repeat/redundant bit for cars on pg 135.
3) Similarly veggie food was 'covered' on pages 78, 81 & 82
4) Similarly recommend the Navette experience on pg 106 is rationalised with the description on pg 72.
5) Recommend the Ceremony of hands bit on pg 104 needs to go back to somewhere around pg 45.
6) Radio Le Mans (pg 109) should be with Kangaroo TV (pg 103), possibly rationalise with "following the race [from home]" pg 123 and "Where to watch" pg 21
7) Figure the marshals section (pg 118) should be part of a "Following the race" section - cf point 6.

In my sad search for orderliness would also prefer if the chapters & sub-chapters were numbered.

Am happy to help with editing (if after reading the above I haven't disqualified myself) time permitting, and certainly proof-reading.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 11:37:03 am »

Hey dukla,

thanks a lot for your comments, that's highly appreciated. At least someone seems to read the CA Guide very thorough Grin. Help wih the final proof reading will be needed, I will come back to you

Cheers

Werner

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 04:10:43 pm »

Cheers

Rick

If you haven't spoken to him before March I'll have a word with him when he calls by Turn 10 at Sebring!!  Grin

Missed this remark earlier, Mark, take pictures of the Gunnar Salute!! Grin

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
SJ
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 10:03:01 pm »

Werner

Did you get my PM Huh
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 12:41:58 am »

Cheers

Rick

Missed this remark earlier, Mark, take pictures of the Gunnar Salute!! Grin

I would, but word on the street is that he doesn't have a drive at Sebring!  Sad
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 02:32:56 am »

Hi Werner,
             While at Sebring: I told you i know people with cameras Roll Eyes I reminded them to take pictures for the CAguide angel
Some of them did Shocked I hope they remember to send them to you. I have a couple of out of focus cars and a nice crisp focus of......empty track Cry I do have a nice picture of a sandcastle from my day at the beach if you are interested Grin
Phil
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 09:14:29 pm »

Hi Werner,
             While at Sebring: I told you i know people with cameras Roll Eyes I reminded them to take pictures for the CAguide angel
Some of them did Shocked I hope they remember to send them to you. I have a couple of out of focus cars and a nice crisp focus of......empty track Cry I do have a nice picture of a sandcastle from my day at the beach if you are interested Grin
Phil

Hi Phil,

ok, let's see the sandcastle - sounds like you had a really good time at Sebring. I'll wait for the first pictures to arrive... BTW: Will you be at Le Mans this year?

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 02:47:53 pm »

Hi Werner
There was a list of pics that you wanted, but I cannot seem to find it, can you re-post or send link.

Ta

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: