Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 06:26:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 12929 times)
cdco2
« on: March 30, 2012, 07:44:48 pm »

Just thought I'd say hi on joining the forum, as this will be my 5th year at Le Mans (3 24s and will be 2 classics after this year) I thought it about time to joing a more dedicated forum rather than just lurking on PH. Done the run in a couple of fun motors twice in a 911 Carrera 2 (993), twice in my Elise and for thisyear we have gone for comfort, speed, noise and fuel consumption with the slightly mad purchase of and Alfa GT 3.2 V6.

Just look for the bloke begging for beer money aftrbwe have trogged down from Lancashire.

Carl.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:41:57 pm »

An alfa - I'll give you a tow if I see you.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:01:23 am »

Welcome to CA.
I love Alfas, used to own a Sud many years ago.
Don't take any notice of the reliability jibes, but if you do have a problem, you'll have to wait a long time for the breakdown wagon, they're kept very busy by the TVR's  Grin
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »

I love alfas too. And in my experience they are more reliable than big Peugeots. I've been waiting for my BMW to blow up, at least I will feel that the money I pay each year for he extended warranty was worth it. I love TVRs too, and you can fix them with Super Glue!  laugh

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
cdco2
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 12:27:24 am »

This may be tempting fate but this will be my 5th trip to LM form either the classic or the main event, twice in a 993 carrera and twice in my elise,  the one that came near to ditching us was the 993 ... so fingers crossed,  currently my 19mpg is the most worrying factor the V6 does like a drink.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 01:00:26 am »

This may be tempting fate but this will be my 5th trip to LM form either the classic or the main event, twice in a 993 carrera and twice in my elise,  the one that came near to ditching us was the 993 ... so fingers crossed,  currently my 19mpg is the most worrying factor the V6 does like a drink.

19 mpg!

all the way from Lancashire, thats a big fuel bill, pity they don't do glasses with fuel any more

Aiming to do 1000 mile return trip in a vehicle that does 22mpg and that will kill me, oh well - all good fun.

Have a safe trip, look out for you at Le Mans - cheers

If you're going through hell, keep going.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 09:26:55 am »

19 mpg, 22 mpg,  oh such lofty figures I can only dream of...

Once, and just the once, I checked the consumption on my Aston,  it was about 13.5 (the .5 is important obviously),  I've never checked it since.

Oh well life is way too short to worry about taking a car that drinks like a fish...  Style over fuel consumption any day I say.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 09:55:01 am »

Hmmmm, doing 19.9 km to a liter, is 12.37 miles to a liter. Makes 56.2 mpg. Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 11:34:46 am »

Hmmmm, doing 19.9 km to a liter, is 12.37 miles to a liter. Makes 56.2 mpg. Grin

But it's a DIESEL FFS  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 11:44:10 am »

I can only dream of 12mpg. The Jensen struggles to hit double figures, hence the decision to take the van this year.

Another Alfa fan here. Took my Giulia Sprint down to the Classic last time around. Despite the heat it ran perfectly for the full 1400 mile round trip.

Welcome to CA btw.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 01:13:03 pm »

I drove a car a few years ago that did 12 mpg (american gallon) and it even was a diesel....

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
cdco2
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 07:51:49 pm »

Once, and just the once, I checked the consumption on my Aston,  it was about 13.5 (the .5 is important obviously),  I've never checked it since.

Oh well life is way too short to worry about taking a car that drinks like a fish...  Style over fuel consumption any day I say.

Style over consumtion...... definately my view this year as is our clothing as classic english cad, thing terry thomas or leslie phillips styleeee,  staying with speed chills,  again
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 12:04:02 pm »

Style over consumtion...... definately my view this year as is our clothing as classic english cad, thing terry thomas or leslie phillips styleeee,  staying with speed chills,  again

You will be far to hot in that get up, as it's going to be SCORCHIO!
cdco2
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 03:15:36 pm »

Not as scorchio as 2010 I hope, if so the get up will be for the run down and the night  Cool
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 01:27:02 pm »

Not as scorchio as 2010 I hope

True, it was a bit to warm, hopefully the ACO beer pumps will be able to cope this year.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: