Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 07:05:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going alone any others going alone  (Read 7363 times)
Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:23:17 am »

As i am going alone with select motor racing tour is any others going alone and how are you getting there.

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:18:42 pm »

Hey Jon

I am going for the 14th time (or thereabouts) sometimes going alone and sometimes with someone... (depending on romantic entanglements etc... tho only one has ever lasted for a second visit - Edit:  tell a lie, one has endured three visits - I forgot!)

I have only got roped in with the Club Arnage lot for the last 3-4 years but before then never had any trouble finding new friends and beer buddies if I was on my own. Smiley

Driving down from Manchester and on the Dover/Calais ferry this year - Wednesday to Monday.

I have done various campsites/crossings/routes/durations of stay over the years so dont have a particular routine - other than just making sure I get there!

I am sure you will have a great time with your group tho its not something I have ever tried - I like to be walking/cycling distance to the circuit.

F

P.S.  May I say that only 5 posts since joining CA in 2005 is a very poor effort... I am sure you could blather on a bit more than that!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:24:45 pm by Fran » Logged
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:31:30 pm »

I have been in the past on my own and its not a problem. I am still looking for a passenger for this years trip though.

Sailing Dover - Dieppe on the Wednesday evening and staying in an F1 motel overnight in Rouen.

Travelling back Dieppe - Newhaven at 05.30 am Monday morning.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:08:25 pm »

Driving down from Manchester and on the Dover/Calais ferry this year - Wednesday to Monday.

What, not attaching a LM trip onto an 'exotic' holiday this year Fran? Wink
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 07:49:31 pm »

What, not attaching a LM trip onto an 'exotic' holiday this year Fran? Wink

Funnily enough, my friend who has endured 2 LM trips with me wants to make it for a 3rd time (which would be a record!!!) - so at present I am planning around someone with rather less holiday entitlement than me.   

Things might change nearer the time tho  Wink

F
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 10:11:32 pm »

I'm going there & back on my own but a mate will join in the fun for Sat & sunday as long he doesn't get knicked for speeding again like last year  Roll Eyes

I have been with Page & Moy & MRI sometimes with said mate & some without. you'll usually find a good bunch on the coach. one year I sat next to someone on the coach from Transylvania  Shocked sorry didn't mean to scare you  Grin

Chris 24 I'm booked on the 05:30 Dieppe Newhaven as well Smiley what time you reckon on leaving the track? early evening after the rush or midnight?
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:48:02 am »

Only way to go...

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 01:19:05 am »

Fran, you are a vituous lady.

When I first got the bug, I went alone. But then you meet people again on the ferry out and the ferry back the following year.

Thats how freindships are made. friendships are long term. Not just for one week.

Been going with the welsh lads for about 8 years now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:21:55 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 04:42:51 am »

Chris 24 I'm booked on the 05:30 Dieppe Newhaven as well Smiley what time you reckon on leaving the track? early evening after the rush or midnight?

I am thinking of leaving a couple of hours after the race finishes to get to Dieppe around 9 or 10 pm, then getting a cheap hotel room for the night for a shower and a few hours sleep and then off to the port for about 4.30 am.
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 11:24:09 am »

As i am going alone with select motor racing tour is any others going alone and how are you getting there.

Hi Jon,
we used Select last year for hotels and tickets and transfers to the track. they are a good group and you will be well looked after by Kevin and Donna.

where abouts are you staying?

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 09:03:49 pm »

I am thinking of leaving a couple of hours after the race finishes to get to Dieppe around 9 or 10 pm, then getting a cheap hotel room for the night for a shower and a few hours sleep and then off to the port for about 4.30 am.

Chris, I think we are on the same ferry back.  Look out for the CA tshirt.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 10:18:01 am »

Hi Jon,
we used Select last year for hotels and tickets and transfers to the track. they are a good group and you will be well looked after by Kevin and Donna.

Andy

Hi andy i am staying at a hotel in chartes about a hour from le mans

Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 08:16:53 pm »

Hi ladies and gents!  Smiley

I am going on my own, too. And I am a "Le Mans virgin", so it'll be an interesting adventure for sure... Grin First time at Le Mans and on my own.  Tongue  I even have to organise everything myself: flight, ticket, hotel, etc. I can only hope that everything will go well...  Tongue IF things will go well and if I manage to write some good reports about my journey, than I hope I can convince some other Hungarian racing fans to join me next year.  Smiley

I am very grateful that your forum exists.  Wink Smiley

"I'm sitting at the wheel
I got a green light
Not afraid of nothin' cuz heart and soul
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 05:38:10 am »

Hi ladies and gents!  Smiley

I am going on my own, too. And I am a "Le Mans virgin", so it'll be an interesting adventure for sure... Grin First time at Le Mans and on my own.  Tongue  I even have to organise everything myself: flight, ticket, hotel, etc. I can only hope that everything will go well...  Tongue IF things will go well and if I manage to write some good reports about my journey, than I hope I can convince some other Hungarian racing fans to join me next year.  Smiley

I am very grateful that your forum exists.  Wink Smiley
Hi Andrea,
              Welcome to Club Arnage. Camping at the track is much better than an hotel.
Canada Phil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 08:27:46 am »

Hi Jon,

Andy

Hi andy i am staying at a hotel in chartes about FIVE hours from le mans

Hi Jon, I've edited your post for accuracy. Have you any idea how bad the traffic can get around the curcuit on race week? You will not be parking up at the track in anything like an hour after leaving Chartres. Bring a tent...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: