Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 09:51:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: english bloke who reads out results  (Read 8267 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 02:22:19 pm »

I like David's delivery style. It's very 'English'. Also in an age where everything is changing so fast, and the circuit changes so much I find the continuity that his longstanding tenure brings to be comforting. If you sit late on an evening on the pit straight, listening to his report, you can close your eyes and imagine you are sat opposite the Dunlop building that was removed to make that corporate whore house they ironically call the 'Welcome'.  It's nice to hang on to the old days.

As for Chuck 'Straightaway' Dressing and Jim 'PooJoe' Roller.... I like them too. They are fans, they love the race. I love Radio LM and I hate seeing them get knocked. They do a good solid job despite the ACOs efforts. They should get every true fans backing and support.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 09:04:59 pm »

On the subject of 'Americanisms'... who was the American voice on RLM who insisted on calling Mercedes "Merk-say-dees"?

Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 09:39:24 am »

Having been really bored lately and listening to re-runs of the race, Jim 'poo joe' Roller does have some weird pronunciations especially in 2011 when the pitlane team were sponsored by the Nissan 370 zeeeeee.

As for last year, and no offence but women in the pitlane - NO, an american in pitlane - NO, so an american women was a huge NO-NO (Sorry Shea Adam but the pitlane should be patrolled with irony, sarcasm & wit, not really american traits!)

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 11:54:47 am »

Thinking about it...

I'm not sure what is worse; Americans with 'normal' mangled pronunciation, or Americans even more horrible attempts to pronounce things the English / European way... or (worse still) using English slang words.

There is nothing worse than hearing them say 'cheerio' or call pounds 'quids', or calling policemen 'bobbys'.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:01:29 pm by Grand_Fromage » Logged
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 01:19:43 pm »

Yes.  Septics should be less Dick Van Dyke, more Sheriff J D Pepper from the James Bond films

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: