Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 12:14:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lack of Saturday evening 'entertainment'  (Read 11869 times)
nbarker
CA Veteran

Le Mans since 1989

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2003, 08:03:18 pm »

Fewer manufacturers, sadly, means fewer corporate stands in the village, although some of the sponsors were notable by their absence (where was De Walt this year?).

I guess there isn't that much call for power tools on the campsites  Wink

Hmmmm. Mind you, I could certainly have done with a good petrol strimmer to shift the acres of advancing weeds, which are starting to cover the taps on Maison Blanche. Instead, I chucked a load of weedkiller on it, in a forlorn hope for next year.

I mean, is it *really* too much to ask of the ACO (who let's face it, are making an, errr, large amount of money from the campsites) to actually cut all the weeds back for next year ?

--
Neil Barker
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2003, 08:47:04 pm »

I was in Karting Nord in 2002 instead of the usual Houx Annexe.  I was amazed how hard the ground was there.  Had a hard job knocking the tent pegs in. I should have taken others peoples example and use a battery drill and masonry bit.
Back to Houx Annexe this year and no problem with the ground, just the plumes of dust!

Steve East Anglian cobras

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2003, 11:46:36 pm »

Fewer manufacturers, sadly, means fewer corporate stands in the village, although some of the sponsors were notable by their absence (where was De Walt this year?).

I guess there isn't that much call for power tools on the campsites  Wink

Well, I'm sure that anyone staying on Expo was glad they brought the power tools, what with all that concrete and stuff Smiley I only know this because mates were on the site and were wielding the electric screwdrivers to secure the gazebo when we turned up.

Talking of stands, did TVR actually have any presence, merchandising wise? We were looking to buy some stuff to show our support for the boys but couldn't find anything..

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2003, 11:53:39 pm »

I was in Karting Nord in 2002 instead of the usual Houx Annexe.  I was amazed how hard the ground was there.  Had a hard job knocking the tent pegs in. I should have taken others peoples example and use a battery drill and masonry bit.
Back to Houx Annexe this year and no problem with the ground, just the plumes of dust!

I brought some special tent pegs, called rock pegs.  Looked like nails with a crossbar on.  They went into the ground at Expo with no problem.  Will be buying more for next year.

Chris

ps The other half says what was wrong with Jamiroqua. (She really doesn't understand! Cheesy)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2003, 12:14:07 am »

If they worked so well this year, why buy any more for next year?
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2003, 10:53:36 am »

If they worked so well this year, why buy any more for next year?

Because I only had a few, and some of those were stolen by friends!  Going o ensure that next year I have enough for the gazebo, and enough to change all my pegs over to them!
Liszt
CA Veteran

Beer is a legitimate breakfast

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2003, 11:02:31 am »

Try Screwfix for 5kg of 150 mm roundwire nails (six inch nails to you) cost about 6 quid.  Worked a treat.  Forget the rubber mallet as well.  The instrument of choice is a 4lb lump hammer.

Cheap and effective.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2003, 11:43:27 am »

I couldn't find any TVR stands either, official or otherwise.   Shame really - just hope they'll be back next year.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2003, 04:24:41 pm »

I hope TVR are back next year, as I hope Bentley return too.

I was reading that the ACO what to get the whole of the site listed as a historic monument type of thing (a bit like Brooklands is).

As for the Fair I think the ACO - who do seem to be trying to keep there indepedance from the likes of Berni and co - are trying to get the weekend a bit more a family thing. I noteced a lot of UK familys camping expes on Techno Park, which kept some the more wild excess in check.

All the ACO need to do is supply a bus service from Techno to the village. Jees its a bit of a walk.

I felt there were less people there than there was when I was last there (7 years ago!!) or is ther more space somehow?

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2003, 07:03:33 pm »

I was well suprised (pleasantly) that the ACO laid on a bus from Beausejour to the Technoparc roundabout!!  Was very ggod until one of the Germans camped next to us staggered into the path of a motorist on Saturday night (just after the Jay Kay gig) on the route and stopped the traffic dead...

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2003, 08:39:09 pm »

Literally???  
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2003, 09:49:29 am »

don't know, but his previously abusive, ignorant friends soon shut up and all looked pretty down as they packed up and sat on their bags on Sunday morning waiting to be be collected.

It was a mess from what I heard....

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: