Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 08:21:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Roundabout at Houx Annexe on Sun Night  (Read 3911 times)
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2003, 12:58:02 pm »

Does anybody know who was responsible for the impromptu firework display there. It was immensely amusing, no one seemed to realise they were about to set off about 30 fireworks at once. They had one that was strapped to the lamp-post, however all the fireworks were bouncing off the light and landing in the middle of the roundabout. So many drunk people trying to run.........hehe.

Also to the boys with the beat up Nissan - did they bring that car with the sole intent to destroy it.

Supraboy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 06:18:13 pm »

You didnt get any photos did you? I was one of the naked cyclists.

Be interested to know whether the nissan made it back after they exploded the tyres.
Bluebottle
CA Veteran

Ooooh, Sausinges!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 11:11:24 pm »

The lads with the Nissan were camped near us with a motorhome. I believe they are the same chaps who destroyed a Montego last year!
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 10:47:58 am »

I was in the middle of the roundabout when the fireworks started - scared the sh*t out of me!! Also thought the van turning up with the sound system was a good effort!

You naked cyclists were nutters!!!

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 02:09:15 pm »

My mate in a yellow Caterham got stopped here on the Friday night. After the biker had dug 3 inch holes in the tarmac we were encouraged, neh forced into burn outs, I got round the roundabout sideways, lsd you understand, but he lit his tyres up and the police got him as he exited the roundabout. Just a severe ticking off and he was on his way.

Does it really only have full throttle
Marky Stylus
CA Veteran

Houx R U!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 01:25:38 pm »

Team Cannonball - I'll take a bow for that one, our team (with the huge flagpole) have been going to LM for many years, this was my 11th year, we have always had our fireworks on Sunday night, glad you enjoyed it. Last year we did them on the Friday night as a team member was returning straight after the race.

Sorry about the firworks hitting the light, not the first time this has happened, probably won't be the last....

Bring on 2004, should be bigger and better than ever!!!!

Oh, sorry for the late reply, only got back last night!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 02:16:48 pm »

Marky Stylus. Was that the flagpole with the rope light twisted up it and the flashing strobe?? If so, Stu, Dan, Paulydee and I were only about four rows away from you.
Marky Stylus
CA Veteran

Houx R U!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 02:29:05 pm »

No, we were in the adjacent field with the 'tree' flagpole with the bent end..... Had two Union Flags and a Bentley flag adorning it! We could see the one you are refering to though!
 Wink
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 02:33:33 pm »

I must have missed that one. Having said that, every time I ventured that side of the field toward the roundabout it was normally after several liasons with Madam Stella and her father, Old Krony.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: