Club Arnage
May 24, 2024, 10:02:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood pubs  (Read 2530 times)
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2003, 12:48:12 am »

OK, here are a few ideas for pubs around Goodwood.
Chichester. Plenty of pubs, probably the 2 better ones are 'The Toad' and 'Dolphin and Anchor'(witherspoons) both located in west street opposite the cathedral. Theres also the  'Real ale festival' on at Priory Park, i'm there friday night it's tribute band time , with The Jam, Blondie and The Beatles. Hmmm all day at Goodwood and then real ale in the evening, Le Mans revisited.
Arundel has 'The Eagle'  and the 'Kings Arms' in the town but try 'The Black Rabbit' which is near the widfowl centre on the bank of the river Arun. May need to book a table if eating 01903 882828
Nearest the circuit and having good beer and food is 'The Anglesey Arms' at Boxgrove 01243 773474. Try the mixed grill and for pud, ice cream and hot choclate sauce.
'The Gribble' at Oving brews it's own beer. Easy to find, as you head out of goodwood back onto the A27 westbound you come to a set of traffic lights, turn left. 1/2 mile later take the right turn at shopwhyke nurseries 1/2 mile further on turn left before the rail crossing. 1/2 later, as you pass the Oving sign turn left it's down on the right. Used to live in Tangmere, and after having a few jars of the winter special 'Old Wobbler' 7.5% The cycle back across the old airfield used to be fun. If eating book a table 01243 786893
Eastbound on the A27 at Walberton (at the fontwell roundabout take the turning past the garage over the speed bumps, turn right at the mini roundabout down west walberton lane, at the bottom turn left and 'The Holly Tree' is further along on the left. Beers good, food good and Dave the landlord goes to Le Mans, shouldn't need to book but just in case 01243 554023.
On the A27 between Fontwell and Arundel, take the right turn signposted Walberton , Yapton and Avisford Park Hotel. 'Oaks Bar and brasserie' 01243 552865 is just off the A27 and is higly reccomended for good food. Definete booking. Just down from there is the right turn for Avisford Park Hotel. Almost immediate, left turn to Binstead, short road then turn right to the 'Black Horse' 01243 551213 good food and beer, booking recommended. Also has a good garden overlooking the golf course where you'll probably see me trying to retrieve two jack russels from a rabbit hole!
North of Goodwood at Lavant(as you come out of goodwood motor circuit turn left, you come to a roundabout, turn left carry on this road till you come to a T junction.) Turn right and a couple of hundred yards on the left(car park on the right) is 'The Royal Oak'01243 527434 a definete booking, lovely food good beer. Turn right at the T junction and continue on till you come to the mini roundabout, turn right and 'The Earl of March'01243 774751 is on the right, usually a lively pub.
Take the goodwood hill road up past the race course, just after the crest of the hill turn right to Charlton, Continue to the bootom and turn right, 'The Fox Goes Free' is on the left 01243 811461, lovely pub book for food, just up the road from my mums!
If you take the left at the bottom of the hill and continue on to singleton, as you come in to the village the road will turn to the right, take the left turn past the church where i was married and 'The Fox and Hounds' is on the right 01243 811251 very nice pub, good food.
Hope that put's the Little Chef out of the equation! Any more questions?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 12:27:54 pm »

I was going to post something along these lines, but looks like all bases covered.

I'll get me coat...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 07:22:57 pm »

Rhino,
Check your personal messages please.

Regards
Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: