Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 11:42:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood festival of speed.  (Read 5282 times)
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2003, 01:08:09 pm »

Goodwood festival of speed, ITV1, today at 1230 to1330, Before F1 qual.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 03:31:15 pm »

Bugger, 2:30 and I've missed it
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 08:41:11 pm »

Goodwood festival of speed, ITV1, today at 1230 to1330, Before F1 qual.

Watched it. Good coverage of an event that enthusiasts can enjoy. At the end they said there would be coverage of the Revival meeting in September. Maybe they will see sense and opt for covering LM in 2004? Fat chance I guess but there's always hope.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
krt917
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 11:54:29 pm »

Yes, you would have thought that one of the main channels might manage some coverage. Mind you, one might have expected some British coverage this year, seeing as the Bentleys were there (not to mention Prodrive Ferraris), but I guess everyone's too wrapped up in F1!

As for the Goodwood Revival meeting; it's fab!! It started in 1998 and I haven't missed one yet (here's hoping for this year!).
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 10:48:07 am »

Yes, you would have thought that one of the main channels might manage some coverage. Mind you, one might have expected some British coverage this year, seeing as the Bentleys were there (not to mention Prodrive Ferraris), but I guess everyone's too wrapped up in F1!

And also two of their commentators have drove and won there, with one of them driving the last 3 years running. They need a slap. ( or an email campaign).
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 12:29:38 am »

Was the coverage as good as being there? some would say next year i need a stand ticket, but the atmosphere must be awesome, i have yet to go, and am envious of those who have.
i trust you were all on a buzz (understatement).
good to see Bentley and Blundell on the track at Silverstone.

Andy
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 10:00:40 am »

I'd def recommend a grandstand ticket for best elevated views, although there is plenty of space along the hill so you are never too deep in a crowd.

I walked right to the top of the hill where they stop and turn. Very long walk, but worth doing once.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2003, 02:26:37 pm »

I'd def recommend a grandstand ticket for best elevated views, although there is plenty of space along the hill so you are never too deep in a crowd.

I walked right to the top of the hill where they stop and turn. Very long walk, but worth doing once.

Hey Smokie, you must be a lot taller than me then, mind you I am a shortarse. We went Saturday and the crowds made it difficult to see anything more that a brief glimpse without either staying put for hours on end or resorting to sharp elbows and pushing to the front. Not de rigeur at a genteel event.

I would recommend a grandstand seat purely for a more relaxed (but even more expensive) day. You get an uninterrupted view and if the weather is inclement then some shelter.

Andy - coverage not as good as being there obviously but did show some stuff we missed so well worth watching.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2003, 02:59:20 pm »

I was there Sat too! I stood in front of one of the grandsatnds to watch some, then after walking the hill, was at the large viewing area just above a curve with a stone wall and had a great view...

Powermote also slipped me a ticket to get into the grandstand, which was cool
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 10:56:49 pm »

Powermote also slipped me a ticket to get into the grandstand, which was cool

Ah, the old slippery ticket routine, must remember that next time.

Mind you it always comes in handy at LM when we do the same to let others in our group use them to to experience what life is like in Tribune 5 (ACO). If only they would let us have more than 2 each. Still -  that's another rant about the ACO ticketing policy that I won't go into now.... Wink

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 11:17:37 pm »

The view from the outside of the corner just after the grandstands finish (the long straight bit before the wall) with the new raised grass banking is brilliant - who needs a grandstand seat, when you can sit on the banking, watch it happen and still see the rest of each run on the big screen telly located there......just the spot for a genteel picnic.   Those doings burnouts invariably did some fine ones there, those driving "gently" were able to wave regally and those going for it were simply fantastic rocketing out of the corner up the straight, bobbing and weaving under braking for the wall.   AND for those that remember it the glorious smell of Castrol R from the vintage stuff....... Grin

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: