Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 09:33:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hybrid and electric cars at Le Mans  (Read 6097 times)
arnage74

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 09:56:35 pm »

sounds interesting! ... although I can't imagine Le Mans without engine sounds, but I'm curious how the Porsche GT3 R Hybrid will sound....
http://baszero.ch/racing/2010/05/hybrid-racers-at-le-mans-2010/

Since the creation of the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1923, the event has always been a technological laboratory for constructors and manufacturers. The motor car has begun an energy revolution and new projects could appear in racing in the near future.   The ACO and the Le Mans 24 Hours feel honour-bound to supply the arena in which tomorrow’s technologies can prove themselves. With this in mind, the ACO is providing manufacturers with an opportunity to showcase their savoir faire before the 78e Le Mans 24 Hours.
10 avant-garde cars with sporting tendencies will put on a demonstration on the big Le Mans 24- Hours circuit on Saturday 12th June at 12h10. They will then be on display in the 24-Hours support paddock from 14h00 on Saturday to 16h00 on Sunday.
The following cars will take part: the PORSCHE 911 GT3 R Hybrid, the AUDI e-Tron, the PEUGEOT RCZ HYbrid4, the electric FERRARI 599XX HPDC, the electric TESLA, the hydrogen MAZDA RX-8 RE, the hydrogen BMW, the natural gas VOLKSWAGEN Scirocco, the electric SECMA F16 and the electric ANDROS. These cars, in the hands of well-known drivers, will do two laps of the 13,629-km big circuit before going to the 24-Hours support paddock.
The Le Mans-24 Hours race will continue to distinguish itself as the event enabling the most innovative manufacturers to prove themselves on the most demanding, revealing circuit in the world.
The new 2011 ACO regulations make provision for smaller, lighter engines producing less CO2. Hybrid engines recovering electrical energy thus generating significant fuel savings will appear in the race with real chances of victory. Other technologies: 100% electric engines, engines running on natural gas will, in the future, give rise to fresh battles between manufacturers on the Sarthe circuit.
These different futuristic technologies will be presented to the public and the media at the Le Mans 24 Hours by the ACO in agreement with the major manufacturers. The first demonstration will take place on the Le Mans 24-Hours circuit on Thursday 10th June from 21h15 to 21h35.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:13:38 pm »

The Porsche hybrid sounds nice, very nice !  Can't tell the difference with a normal GT3 in race-spec.

All those others that won't make any noise at all should be shot at once, together with the diesel tractors  Evil

Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:57:09 am »

I was reading the autosport a couple of weeks back saying that Toyota may return to Le Mans if they can enter a hybrid LMP1

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 09:00:22 am »

The beginning of the end. Cry

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:17:58 am »

Beginning of the end?  Not at all.

Hybrid, means just that - Hybrid - it still has an engine, and realistically, it'll have a petrol engine as well.  KERS was not the end of engine noise in F1.  This can only be a good thing for everyone - we all know technology makes its way into road cars from the track - hybrid is a better alternative than full electric, or in my opinion, diesel. 

Expect toyota to bring a high revving, full on racer, with batteries to boost power and save fuel consumption.  Given the last Toyota that ran at Le-Mans, I can't WAIT to see it!!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 12:03:31 pm »

In my very humble opinion the following MUST be outlawed:
Diesel cars (whoooooosh!)

I am wary of the following:
Hybrid cars (but keep an open mind)

Electric cars are only acceptable if they run in slots on the track and CA members get to have a go with the hand held throttle from the grandstand. Even then, they must have bits of cardboard in the spokes to make them sound like they have internal combustion engines.

What's the world coming to??

I tested negative for patience.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 12:09:50 pm »

Beginning of the end?  Not at all.

Hybrid, means just that - Hybrid - it still has an engine, and realistically, it'll have a petrol engine as well.  KERS was not the end of engine noise in F1.  This can only be a good thing for everyone - we all know technology makes its way into road cars from the track - hybrid is a better alternative than full electric, or in my opinion, diesel. 

Expect toyota to bring a high revving, full on racer, with batteries to boost power and save fuel consumption.  Given the last Toyota that ran at Le-Mans, I can't WAIT to see it!!

Im with Brad on this one. I cant remember the name of it but is there not a hybrid motor running around just now with a V6 under the bonnet,0-60 in 6 odd seconds and still returns mega mpg's???

They have lumps of what round the back???
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 02:57:48 pm »

Panoz entered the Q9 Hybrid (Sparky) in 1998. Unfortunately, the car lacked proper testing so that it didn't qualify.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 03:02:35 pm »

Hybrid's - i'm mean who would look at building a hybrid?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motor-shows/geneva-motor-show/7354962/Geneva-Motor-Show-Ferrari-unveil-hybrid-car.html

its not red!! - its green  Roll Eyes (not even a nice green)

what next, a diesel Ferrari Huh

If you're going through hell, keep going.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 08:41:37 pm »

our nige has a hole in his seat and strange piping to the engine bay.could this be the start of a new type of nitros injection? is it a hybrid?

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 08:41:56 pm »

I think they should go all the way and include steam cars as well  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 10:43:36 pm »

our nige has a hole in his seat and strange piping to the engine bay.could this be the start of a new type of nitros injection? is it a hybrid?
Thats because he is full of Sh@*e , Brown stuff. The super methane special.

Team J.E.D.I
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 02:13:39 am »

It won't be long before the terms 'clockwork' or 'rubber band' returns.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: