Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 12:37:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Classic 2010 Aftermath Thread  (Read 11439 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:58:28 am »

Wow, what a weekend! Scorching hot weather, some great cars and racing and even better company.
I'm just off to bed to catch up with some sleep but will load up some pictures and thoughts later when the ringing noise in my head has subsided.
 Great to meet CA faces, old and new. Let's see some of your photos and hear your reflections on what was another superb event.

Bye for now.
Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:01:32 am »

Had a brilliant time more detail later.

t.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:15:36 pm by Lawnmower Man » Logged

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 11:11:11 am »

One word sums up the weekend,  SCORCHIO.

As Dr S says great cars, great event.

Good to see those CAers who could make it this year, thanks to Bobblehat and Keith for their hospitality, Jo wobbled back to the tent on Thursday (or was it Friday?), no surprise there then. Wink

And good to see Deb looking a lot brighter.

Thanks to the ACO for making the trip seem like an adventure, non-existant pitchs, lager unavailable on Saturday evening, the beer pumps couldn't cope with the heat, and the general chaos of MB on Thursday lunch time

All part of the LM experience Grin

Roll on 2012.

Now I've got to put up with the downer of no LM till next June, better start planning Grin
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 11:32:45 am »

A fantastic few days and what a treat to have made the trip in Si's beautiful Alfa (all wishful thoughts of air-con are forgotten now I am back in the cool drizzle of Manchester!).

Fabulous classic cars whichever way you looked - some incredibly pretty and some that had really been hit with the ugly stick but all very special in their way!

So many memorable sights and encounters it hard to keep track, from seeing the big old Bently (I think) with the kettle hanging off the back Bevery Hill Billies style to meeting the old chap with his AC Bristol in the petrol station and hearing about its racing pedigree.

In the last few days I have learned more about Alfas and tyres than I can ever hope to remember (Mind you, those TRX's are darn sticky but will only last 1500 miles before you are down to the canvas eh!?  Also cant believe they didnt have a scale model of "The Brick" - I would have thought it would be a best seller even if only to use as a door jamb).

The whole event was made all the more enjoyable with great company, special thanks to Si, Andy and Mick for letting me in as a late substitution and to Martini for his campsite hospitaliy, gazebo and security services.  Good to meet Amsterdam Baz too - proof you can camp in 30+ degree heat and still look perfectly groomed day after day, just sorry his fast run home for the WorldCup final didnt turn out as he hoped.

So many laughs and funny stories and impersonations - I will never see man with a stick taking his dog for a walk in quite the same way again!

Anyway - I should be working, tho can harly keep my eyes open....

F

P.S.  No doubt more will come to mind as the day goes on.

Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 11:06:29 am »

What a great weekend! Sophie behaved her self, even the roof worked on Saturday! Grin

Great to catch up with some CAers, even if Lawnmower Man did not recognise me! Barry many thanks for the beers and wine, did the Ice Pops get home intact?

So many things to look at, will post a few snaps later.

Bobblehat

PS, we discoverd that Black Tie was not the best idea on Saturday............
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:46:17 pm by Bobblehat » Logged

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 02:11:31 pm »

I was there but spent most of the time hiding under the gazebo on the Bugatti circuit. Friday and Saturday really was just too hot. The advantage of the bugatti circuit is that the cars drive past just feet away, after they've finished the race. I wore me CA Tshirts on Saturday and Sunday but I didn't make it to any meeting points. Evenings were spent cooling down at the Gite (in Spay) eating four course dinners (as the Gite owner is a chef).
Possibly a bit too civilised for two years time but then again who knows. I could get used to it.
Did I mention that it was so hot!

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 02:17:01 pm »

Which bit of the Bugatti were you on?  We walked round a fair bit of it on Saturday afternoon before finally giving in and cutting across to the air-con bar in the Museum!

The constant drooling didnt help with trying to keep hydrated in the heat!!!

F
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 02:40:47 pm »

Randon piccies...

Newcastle Dave giving it some beans on saturday morning

Many more to follow Wink

Dick Dasterdly was right
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 03:25:19 pm »

Dick Dasterdly was right
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »

Si

Any more of the V DUBS in the background?
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 05:56:44 pm »

Had a brilliant time more detail later.

t.

Though my trip did prove that PPP leads to PPP.

I forgot a number of items.  Pillow, Corkscrew/Bottle opener,  BBQ tongs and a decent sized CF card for my Camera.

That didn't detract fom the fabulous time.   Hundereds of propper cars both in the Paddocks and in the Car Parks/Campsites.

The highlight for me was the start of the Plateau 6.  It was like going back 30 years to my first visit.  The  sounds were just the same.  Though there were fewer people and it wasn't pouring with rain.  Watching the flames shooting from the exhaust of the 935s. 

I can't wait for the 2012 Classic.  I'll be much better prepared next time.   Smiley Smiley Smiley

It was good to meet up with Bobblehat even if I didn't recognise him.

Thanks to Termie for the Cold Champers to wash down my BBQ Trout.

Si the Alfa is loverly.  (I want one!)

t

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 07:11:50 pm »

WOW WOW WOW - What a scorcher - enjoyed it loads - thanks for the pic above Si.  Pity you weren't around later in the day to get a pic with me on the line. At lunch time I got a second chance on the track by luck and good fortune thanks to a kind Frenchman passenger with a track pass and no car (His Roller was overheating) but this time with no pace car - I was released on to the track with the GTR's and Ford Focus 500 and two new ferraris  just before the morgan club went out - Needless to say was completely by self shortly after tetre rouge - I could not believe my luck  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley   
then on lap two had two morgan plus 8 for company all way round, swapping palces from time to time - noone else - More smiles  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley 
Did five laps in total !!!

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 12:53:43 am »

Fantastic weekend.
Here are a few photos:
http://s763.photobucket.com/albums/xx274/CJLaws/Le%20Mans%20Classic%202010/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:54:12 am by Kpy » Logged
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 10:07:42 am »

This was a real one - not a kit?  Shocked

Those things are worth about a squillion pounds, no?

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 10:44:52 am »

This was a real one - not a kit?  Shocked

Those things are worth about a squillion pounds, no?

According to the list that ones a replica (not that I'm complaining cos its still nice). Its in the group at the bottom.
http://www.barchetta.cc/ALL.Ferraris/events-stories/events/2002/le-mans-classic/le-mans-classic-provisional-entry-list-updated/index.html

I'm definitely going next time. So many beautiful cars
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: