Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 10:19:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Bob U, this is what Club Arnage is all about !  (Read 2453 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:51:01 pm »

I would like to say a big thank you to Bob U who answered my early morning call on Saturday morning and was only too happy to help me out with an unusual request at really short notice.

I have been looking for a newer car and have been looking for a nice Audi A4 Avant TDi S - Line, I had looked at a few rough cars and the best ones seemed to go straight away before i could get to look at them.

Then one cropped up in High Wycombe that looked very nice in the adverts and was well specced and at a reasonable price as well.

Only trouble, Preston - High Wycombe is a 400 mile round trip which is a long way to go if the car is rough when you get there.

Then i remembered that Bob lives in Beaconsfield which is only about 4-5 miles away so i gave him a call.

Bob then arranged an appointment to view the car within an hour of my call, and went to have a look for me and then called me from the location and walked me around the condition of the car on the phone. It sounded nice so I made an appointment to view the car myself the following day. So late Saturday night I made the 3 hour journey and slept in my car near the M40, so that I could be there on time for my 9 am viewing on sunday morning.

I would have never travelled that distance down and back to look at a car on spec but was happy to do so having had Bob look it over first and report back to me.

The upshot is that I am now, thanks to Bob £10,000 lighter but this time next week, this little beauty will be sat on my drive, all being well !

So thanks Bob for all your help, I am know the proud owner of a rather flash V6 TDi Audi A4 Avant S Line. Grin

* Audi.jpg (104.4 KB, 1072x712 - viewed 259 times.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:54:14 pm by Chris24 » Logged
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:05:20 am »

Nice one Chris
I have been after an Avant for a while but they are rarer than hens teeth over here, though there are a lot of saloons.. The UK ones tend to be pretty high mileage.
My current A4 is a Nov 2002 with 21k on the clock.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:15:50 am »

This has done 71,000 but its a one owner car with FSH, all the toys like cruise control, duel climate, 6 cd symphony stereo, elec windows all around, all S Line refinements, Condition is really nice, no marks on the alloys and overall i would rate it at 95% which ain't bad for a 4 year old car that has done that mileage.

But the icing on the cake is the leather / Alcantara seats and interior. Really looking forward to having 160 BHP on tap with plenty of Torque to boot as well. Grin
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 12:16:04 am »

that is a very nice car in deed Smiley

Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 12:21:13 pm »

Time for a little bit of a chip, I think Chris would boost the HP no end. Very nice motor thogh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: