Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 02:14:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car registration documents  (Read 5819 times)
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2006, 03:58:57 pm »

I purchased a vehicle in December 2005, and was given the new keeper supplement back then, while the owner was supposed to send off for the updated registration documents. Since then I haven’t received the new logbook, and stupidly have forgotten to chase this up. The V5C/2 says valid for two months, but this might just be for buying tax.

I am traveling in France next week, if I get asked to produce documents, will the new keeper supplement be enough? Obviously I intend to sort this issue ASAP, but it is highly unlikely that I will have the full documents by next Tuesday!

mdh-photography.co.uk
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 04:33:50 pm »

I've been stopped three  times in France.  Only once in Le Mans in a "lets Breathalize every one" type affair.   Once in Nice same thing and once in Nice cos he nothing else to do (I think).  None ask for my Drivers Licence.  But I was once asked for the Car documents. I think he was cheking the Insurance.
Cos when he saw it was a rented car he waved me on my way.

I guess you need to ask yourself "how lucky do you feel".

I did send the Leasing company and my boss in to panic one year.  I'd taken my 3 month old Ford Mundaneo to LM.  The dealer had put the wrong Plates on it.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 04:54:11 pm »

Well, I phoned the DVLA, apparently I need the full logbook, HOWEVER, they can issue a temporary one at the cost of £3 :O. I've got to go their local office and sort it out, need the Confirmation, and receipt of sale.

Fortunately I have both, although I did panic that I couldn't find the receipt for a while!!

Better safe than sorry I guess.

mdh-photography.co.uk
Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 05:01:18 pm »

I purchased a vehicle in December 2005, and was given the new keeper supplement back then, while the owner was supposed to send off for the updated registration documents. Since then I haven’t received the new logbook, and stupidly have forgotten to chase this up. The V5C/2 says valid for two months, but this might just be for buying tax.

I am traveling in France next week, if I get asked to produce documents, will the new keeper supplement be enough? Obviously I intend to sort this issue ASAP, but it is highly unlikely that I will have the full documents by next Tuesday!

you really need to chase the guy up about the v5, i think a few speeding tickets might help it along Wink

MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 05:13:04 pm »

Well apparently he sent off, but the DVLA never got it...

mdh-photography.co.uk
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 01:56:40 pm »

Well apparently he sent off, but the DVLA never got it...

This is happening a lot at the moment, I have had 2 V5s go missing in the last year. on the other hand the V5 for the last car I bought came back after just 5 days!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Baloo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 04:54:39 pm »

Been stopped twice for what I originally assumed was not going fast enough and letting French Cars overtake me but turned out to be that UK number plate gave me away!! Always been asked for driving licence, but to date never been asked for car documents etc. Last time I think it was around 60 Euros, cash on the spot.

MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 05:24:40 pm »

You got fined 60 Euros for doing what exactly...?

Sorted the documents issue, got a temporary one today,and they've sent off for the permanent one.

mdh-photography.co.uk
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 06:04:01 pm »

Mike,
A cautionary tale...

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=26;sa=showPosts;start=585

I can confirm that I've been stopped a couple of times for being a whisker over the limit, and in both cases the gendarme, whilst being very polite, made it clear that if I didn't produce my license and insurance documents he would lock me up until they were posted or faxed to my place of incarceration.
H

« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 06:06:11 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 12:41:01 pm »

I had to produce my documents when reporting the attempted theft of my car/contents.

Mind you at present I can't find the V5 for my car so might have to accidentially forget it.  Got the insurance documents and driving licence.
Baloo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 03:34:52 pm »

If I remember rightly both times it was about 96 mph or 154 kph that earned me an on the spot fine of 60 Euros or maybe it was the equivalant of £60. Whatever ... it was not a hanging offence.
It gets more serious when you do the equivalent of over 100 mph like in UK. No demand for car docs just licence
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: