Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 09:16:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I see it has strarted again.....  (Read 32848 times)
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2006, 12:01:17 pm »

Piglet, I did actually see both of those tickets! 105 is not to bad considering the other one going up to 175. For your third car I would just get a parking blue tickets for 18 euro's and walk the stuff over to MB, you will have plenty space for an extra tent. We have actually secured 12 passes for MB now, unfortunately we will need all of them because of our setup!

Maybe we still get another 5 trough the ACO, but I am not counting on it. If we do, we will post them here for face value first, but we might add GA tickets with those for a little bit more money than they cost at the gate, because we got them through a ticket agency and they are more expensive there.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2006, 01:51:38 pm »

Thanks Knetter, I think you're right on the third pass - as long as we can get two cars in the situation isn't too bad. 

I gave up holding out much hope that something would turn up at face value and I can't bear the trauma of sorting it all out with only one pass in June  Angry

It still really pi$$es me off that they guy flogging the one at £175 says he's got a number of passes to sell.  It's no wonder the ACO are cracking down on who they issue passes to.  I really hope that they are looking at Ebay and trying to get to grips with some of the people who are causing the problems. 
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2006, 02:05:14 pm »

I agree with you to a certain extent Piglet, but unfortunately the eBay market will always remain while people buy tickets at inflated prices from there. If people didn't pay the prices they would have to sell them at face value or less and hopefully wouldn't buy them the following year.

I think the only way the ACO could clamp down would be to only allow collection on site of the tickets maybe, or only sell to subscribers and then set a rule that you have to show a membership card as well as your ticket to gain entry.

Part of the problem is induced by the ACO as they ahve proven to be unreliable in providing tickets to thsoe who booked them (i.e. you and I) so chances are I will probably order more than I may need for next year, and place the order two ro three times through different people in our group in the hope that one of us is successful.

At least the guy who's one is currently going for £175 started his price at 99p. The one you bought was fixed at £105 I believe and another guy just sold one at £150 fixed so has put another one up at £150 starting price or £160 buy it now.

Looks like your early one was a bargain Roy!!!

It's not just Le Mans this happens at of course! My parents tried to buy me a ticket for an England 6 Nations game for my birthday and the cheapest they could find was £350.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2006, 11:39:26 pm »

In Holland the A1GP-fever has struck. The camping next to the Zandvoort circuit is selling tickets for € 20,- a square metre.

That is equivilant to €700,- per Maison Blanche ticket directly from the ACO. I wonder what that would do on eBay... Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
finals2land
CA Veteran

and a very small llama at that.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2006, 09:54:11 pm »

I see someone on ebay has just sold their 2 tickets for Houx at a disgustingly overpriced £152.50 and wait for it £178.04...........hmmmmmm oh yeah their id is Porsche0017 wonder if they are in the owners club. I suggest that they donate some of their rich profits to a suitable charity.

Any landing is a good landing!
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2006, 01:04:44 pm »

I see someone on ebay has just sold their 2 tickets for Houx at a disgustingly overpriced £152.50 and wait for it £178.04...........hmmmmmm oh yeah their id is Porsche0017 wonder if they are in the owners club. I suggest that they donate some of their rich profits to a suitable charity.
The guy put the tickets on a public auction at a starting price of £40. Nothing "disgusting" about that.  His 3rd ticket fetched £62. It's the guys who bid who make the price. That's called supply and demand.
Blame the ACO whose failure to run a fair booking system feeds the market.   They are quite happy to allocate large quantities of tickets to clubs and agencies, giving them priority over their own members. Until that changes there will always be a secondary market.
They promised an on-line booking system for this year. So far 5 deadlines have come and gone and now there's  no set date and no on-line system.
Tubs

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2006, 01:19:15 pm »

They promised an on-line booking system for this year. So far 5 deadlines have come and gone and now there's  no set date and no on-line system.
I seem to remember a similar delay last year. I believe it was just after the 24 Hours Moto that the online booking went live. My guess is the same will happen this year.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 01:53:27 pm by Tubs » Logged
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2006, 01:34:28 pm »

I seem to remember a similar delay last year. I believe it was just after the 24 Hours Moto that the online booking went live. My guess is the same will happen this year.
Maybe, but it was promised for mid-February this year. Don't hold your breath.
Tubs

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2006, 01:56:41 pm »

Don't hold your breath.
I won't (afterall, we're talking about the ACO)........ Roll Eyes
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2006, 02:23:17 pm »

Is it an idea to hold a competition about the most ridiculest prices found on internet?

I'll start off with this one>> CLICK!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »

Interestingly, there is someone selling a ticket on *bay using the Club Arnage 2006 photo from this forum... the silver car on the home page!!!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 03:27:45 pm by Fran » Logged
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2006, 05:29:20 pm »

Cheeky bugger!!

I'll write him a stiff note.

Interestingly, there is someone selling a ticket on *bay using the Club Arnage 2006 photo from this forum... the silver car on the home page!!!

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2006, 10:48:13 pm »

Is it an idea to hold a competition about the most ridiculest prices found on internet?

I'll start off with this one>> CLICK!

Chased thats link with horror. I got 3 passes fopr that.

Anyway what abvlout this one :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6623075254&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX

21 hours to go, £21 ??

Take life by the horns and live it.
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2006, 02:00:45 pm »

I wish i knew how this person made 2 x 93 Euros and some expenses = £300 !!!

http://tinyurl.com/r7oze

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2006, 02:11:36 pm »

Double Bubble!

MB isn't a bad grandstand, but there are no seatbacks, and its too far from the pits/start/finish.  £150 dream on.

Now £82 for a MB camping pass is good value.  Still twice face value

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: