Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 10:24:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 CLASSIC tickets general chit chat and off topic stuff  (Read 14821 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 10:46:00 am »

Got my tickets today, grandstand tickets are not seat numbered, but roaming within your named stand, as last time.
Paddock tickets have dress code: jacket and tie printed on them. Shocked

Just to check Terietermite, is jacket and tie the exact translation of Tenue de Ville?

It'll do - the principal's right.  But no ties needed on the Friday last time (I wasn't wearing one, anyway) and much better chance to get close to the cars than Sat & Sun.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 04:11:30 pm »

Hi

I read somewhere that MB is sold out and wondered if you guys know how quick it fills for the classic. I will not be arriving until 19.30 (ish) on thursday and wondered, as I am not familiar with MB, if there will still be room for a small tent, 2.5m sq gazebo and a car.

Also is it signposted as the LM24 with Bleu, Vert signs etc.

Thanks for any info, and see you there.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
rcutler
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 04:14:04 pm »

If I am there I will keep you a spot. The Classic this year seems to be about 5 times bigger. In 2004 we had a football pitch spare on MB during the race!! This year there are already two campsites!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 06:10:58 pm »

If I am there I will keep you a spot. The Classic this year seems to be about 5 times bigger. In 2004 we had a football pitch spare on MB during the race!! This year there are already two campsites!
Yeah, but Ric, how do you get a car in there without a sticker?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 06:29:40 pm »

Hmm - my interpretation of Martini's post was that he had a ticket but was worried the space may be full by the time he gets there!  I think that happened to some people at the 24 hrs.

We shall soon find out  Grin
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 11:00:29 am »

HI
You are right Fran, I have all the tickets but want to make sure I have a spot to park etc.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 11:15:13 am »

Nah nah na na nah!  Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 02:45:33 pm »

Have (natch) read Werner's guide on the subject of "Karting Nord" but has anybody here used it?  Any further comments?

Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 09:03:42 am »

Have (natch) read Werner's guide on the subject of "Karting Nord" but has anybody here used it?  Any further comments?

I have used it for the last few years during the 24 hour race.

Good points are:
1) get there early enough and you can pitch amonst the few trees right next to the track (the trees can offer a welcome bit of shade)
2) easy walk into the circuit
3) easy road access for getting out to Arnage and Mulsanne

Bad points are:
1) toliets and showers have long lines (during the 24 hour race anyway, especially the block closer to the circuit)
2) the ground is rough, lots of holes and chard ground, especially amonst the trees

And that is about it.

Having not been to the classic before, so I am not sure how much of the above will still be relevant.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 09:09:38 am »

Good points are:
1) get there early enough and you can pitch amonst the few trees right next to the track (the trees can offer a welcome bit of shade)

Bad points are:
1) toliets and showers have long lines (during the 24 hour race anyway, especially the block closer to the circuit)
2) the ground is rough, lots of holes and chard ground, especially amonst the trees

And that is about it.

Having not been to the classic before, so I am not sure how much of the above will still be relevant.

could you post this on the 2007 feedback thread for us, cheers Peter editiorial team
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 09:28:03 am »

Good points are:

Bad points are:

And that is about it.

could you post this on the 2007 feedback thread for us, cheers Peter editiorial team

Hi Peter,

I already agreed with Werner that I would add some detail about Karting Nord and campsite behaviour in general for next years guide.

I'll try and get it done over the next few days and send to him, and you.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 09:38:46 am »

Cheers Chris, that'll be fantastic.  Peter
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 04:02:26 pm »

Ta for the info on Karting Nord guys.   Should now be camped next to Doris on MB (having bunged the poor long-suffering dog in the kennels for the weekend!) Smiley

Champagne Charlie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006, 07:23:09 pm »

Hi All.  Newbie here!

I've camped on Karting about 5 times up until 3 years ago when it was taken over by Danish mushroom tents.  There are some nicer parts of Karting but watch out for the trees in lightning - one exploded during the 24 a few years back and I think there were some minor casualties..... either that or I was abusing my liver and have imagined the whole thing!

Karting does have a slight advantage over MB in that you can get tent pegs in the ground!  Also I'm sure the classic won't be over-run with Danes so getting to the lav shouldn't be so bad!!

The classic two years ago was fantastic and pratically empty.  I'm hoping that the camp sites aren't too oversubscribed as they were at the 24.

I think I broke my liver
rcutler
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 07:28:09 pm »

Hi there Champagne Charlie, does your name have anything to do with the shampoo bar visit we make at 2100 on Saturdays at LM???

Looks like the Classic is going to be very busy this year especially as they are selling tickets for two campsites!! Last classic there was always room for a game of football on MB. This year MB is sold out!!!

See you there.

PS. Look out for the Shampoo Bar meet at the classic. Definatly on Saturday evening at the Champagne  Bar in the village. Either at 2100 or 2230 yet to be decided.

Rick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: