Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 11:31:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Le Mans  (Read 21635 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 10:12:31 pm »

When do you get charged for receiving a text???
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 10:40:45 pm »

When do you get charged for receiving a text???
When you sign up for silly services, like Vodafone Live stuff. Receiving a standard text is free in most countries, although some Eastern European countries (Azerbaijan etc) used to charge!

The risk with that site is receiving 'targetted' advertising, either via text or voice to your mobile.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2005, 11:07:38 pm »

Just a thought but, why don't you just watch the race?

I tested negative for patience.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2005, 01:00:24 am »

also, if its a french service it may only be free for french registered mobiles. if you're using an english mobile you might get charged international rates, so it could work out at abuot £1 a message. just a thought...

Read the link Tink!!!   Roll Eyes
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 12:37:40 pm »

doh! thought that might be my downfall  Embarrassed
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 06:15:55 pm »

Just a thought but, why don't you just watch the race?

what race?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

will be in t34 this year - asleep probarbly!
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 06:30:40 pm »

Hello all, haven't been here for a while and forgotten my username so have just set up this new one to get me on. The text service you say is part of my doings, I own and run Vingt Quatre, an English company based in Wokingham, just a French name. Named after Le Mans in fact. The Text service is one of our offerings and yes it really is free, the advertising pays for it. It was set up Le Mans as it is a love of mine and I always want a quick and easy race update on the hour, and this i thought fits the bill, and being free, all the better.

It does not cost to receive, this only happens on premium services, this i can re-iterate is not premium rate and is FREE for you guys, the users. The more users we gat this year the bigger we can make the offering so please do spread the word and there is no catch, ask me anything you need to know.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2005, 07:54:35 pm »

Hello all, haven't been here for a while and forgotten my username so have just set up this new one to get me on. The text service you say is part of my doings, I own and run Vingt Quatre, an English company based in Wokingham, just a French name. Named after Le Mans in fact. The Text service is one of our offerings and yes it really is free, the advertising pays for it. It was set up Le Mans as it is a love of mine and I always want a quick and easy race update on the hour, and this i thought fits the bill, and being free, all the better.

It does not cost to receive, this only happens on premium services, this i can re-iterate is not premium rate and is FREE for you guys, the users. The more users we gat this year the bigger we can make the offering so please do spread the word and there is no catch, ask me anything you need to know.
Top man, but then you would be, being based out of Wokingham!
Will it get through to us in France and still be free?
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2005, 07:57:31 pm »

indeed it will, straight through no problems and free.
All UK fones on UK networks will receive these texts for free.

Unfortunately i will have to be out there at Le Mans during the race to make sure they work, tough job but somebodies gotta do it!! Cool

fozzi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2005, 08:03:34 pm »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... top bloke!  Cool
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2005, 08:04:17 pm »

Where will you be staying, as you will see, alot of us will be on MB, drop in for a Beer or 2 if you get close.
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2005, 08:17:15 pm »

Beausejour, near the speedchills bar, top place if you've not been. Just up the road, well worth dropping in to say hi!

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2005, 08:20:57 pm »

I know this has probably been covered, but dont you need a pass to get into SpeedChills?
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2005, 08:30:18 pm »

I know this has probably been covered, but dont you need a pass to get into SpeedChills?

Yeah you have to be a member, something like 10 or 20 quid, don't quite remember but well worth it for the cold pints and fresh as daisies full english every morning. Have a look on their site speedchills.com or co.uk, .com i think. I should know as they are partnering with my text service thingy.

If you are in doubt let me know and i will drop them an email 2moro as i know the chap behind it all.

hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2005, 09:43:02 pm »

vqdave, you seem to be a good man !!! Sorry for my doubts but that's just natural I think. Good to see you here.

One question though, what about german providers ? My mobile goes via Deutsche Telekom.  Is it still free of charge or do you link only UK numbers ?

Your service sounds brilliant if it's also available for mobiles from abroad.

P.S. Please no Michelin adds. I don't like "whatever the weather" at LM... let there be sun.  Cheesy

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: