Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 02:34:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More trouble for Pesca?  (Read 18337 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 06:22:16 pm »

Looks like the bastard offspring of a Golf trolley and a fridge.

Yes, that describes it accurately. So the winner of the inofficial award for the ugliest car on the grid is set now. Should we present them a trophy during the pit walk? Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 10:10:37 pm »

Looks much better from this angle: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/577651_448019358550970_100000287290391_1649663_235285786_n.jpg

Different view here: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/521344_303107689775810_511217262_n.jpg

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:56:24 pm by Robbo » Logged

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Shortcut
CA Veteran

Team Booze 'n' Tabs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 11:13:11 pm »

Wow, that is ugly, but seeing as Pesca have used the chassis and nose from the AMR-One, there is no getting away from that ugly front end, with the high nose and the splitter hanger pillars.  Hope a decent paint scheme can take away some of the ug factor though.

"What do you mean you are busy in the second week in June for the rest of your life!"
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 10:15:03 am »

It doesn't look as unfortunate now it's been painted. Not pretty, but not as ugly as the AMR-1. Testing went well at Manky Cords, no major problems reported and it is said to drive really well. Times were around a half a second shy of the Dome. Not bad for first time out of the box. So that begs the question.....

How can a small team with next to no money, build a car in 3 months flat and end up with a well balanced car with pace AND reliability, using left over parts from another project, when Aston Martin, a team with more resources, more man power and more time available managed to get it so wrong?

Answers on a postcard please.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:37 am »

Lazy,

Contary to your comments about Astons budget and getting it totally wrong.

Their main sponsor pulled the plug financially a few months before LM and left AMR with virtually no cash to race with.They even had their buyer working as pit crew at the race due to the lack of funds,and along with trying to build their own engine didd'nt help either as it was totally inadequate for the job, but at least they still entered the fray even though it was doomed from the start.

Andy
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 01:32:33 pm »

Andy,

I have to disagree. Aston has more money than Pesca to go racing with. Gulf were the main sponsor of that car and they didn't pull out. The people who pulled out were the teams who had placed orders for customer cars and ran a mile when Aston failed to deliver the good and it became apparent that the car was a duff. And who can blame them? They built that car for monetary reasons and not for sporting purposes. They didn't invest enough and they got burnt. On the contrary it was Pesca who lost their main backer just weeks before the race and has had to fight hard to get the car finished.

If Aston didn't have the budget to do things right they should have concentrated their efforts on the chassis (which by the looks of things has turned out half decent) and used an engine they already had - the V8 out of the Vantage would have worked better for sure. I'm sure there are lots of things Pescarolo would like to do, but they have worked with what they have and have cut their cloth accordingly.

As for 'having a go' despite the project being doomed, I'll never forgive them for taking two grid spaces away when it was so clear that the car would not work. They went there purely for commercial reasons- to sell road cars to the chinless wonders that they had shipped out there en masse. They spent more on smoozing and hospitality than they did on the damn car. A pretty appalling situation in my book.

Si
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:35:24 pm by Lazy B'stard » Logged

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 02:57:20 pm »

Well lets hope Aston's factory effort in GT is better this year, from early results it looks like a better effort
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 04:19:06 pm »

They built that car for monetary reasons and not for sporting purposes. They didn't invest enough and they got burnt.
As for 'having a go' despite the project being doomed, I'll never forgive them for taking two grid spaces away when it was so clear that the car would not work. They went there purely for commercial reasons- to sell road cars to the chinless wonders that they had shipped out there en masse. They spent more on smoozing and hospitality than they did on the damn car. A pretty appalling situation in my book.

Well said, totally agree.
3 laps from two cars was a disgrace, and they should hang their heads in shame.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 05:02:31 pm »

They built that car for monetary reasons and not for sporting purposes. They didn't invest enough and they got burnt.

Well said, totally agree.
3 laps from two cars was a disgrace, and they should hang their heads in shame.

As the recipient of Aston hospitality, I have to strongly disagree. The shrimp salad was exceptional '09 and the champagne tasting session in '10 was considered a huge success by all who tried it. They do it sooo well...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 07:55:01 pm »

Pescarolos seized in the Technoparc.

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/test-day-of-24-hours-of-le-mans/news/pescarolos-seized-in-the-technoparc_7218.html

Hope this gets resolved soon.

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 07:59:46 pm »

If Pescarolo miss the race, Julien Jousse can probably forget getting another drive, ever, if he isn't lynched in the meantime.
Suspect it will blow over when sense prevails.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 08:23:57 pm »

Deplorable behaviour.

I imagine there's a great deal of shrugging going on today.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »

Both cars have been impounded.

Are there 2 different cases?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 09:58:47 pm »

It would appear that this has now been resolved in favour of Pescarolo.

http://www.lemans.maville.com/sport/detail_-24-Heures-du-Mans-les-voitures-du-Pescarolo-Team-pourront-disputer-la-journee-test_fil-2164288_actu.Htm

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 10:00:39 pm »

shirmp salad so 70s.dont they watch master chef?

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: